White House suspends press pass of CNN’s Jim Acosta after testy exchange with Trump

Watch the video again and look at the shock and awe from everyone who directly witnessed that brutal assault.

Audible gasps rang out through the room.

I didn't see one person who didn't make a noticeable response to such an egregious violation of safety and decorum.

What a fucking joke. How long do we have to watch this sub-human ruin America?

29 minutes ago, Jason said:

:rolleyes:

There is no way to read that video as him willfully pushing her. It very clearly started as him starting to point at Trump when she placed her arm in the path of his arm, and then turned into a straight reflex reaction from her grabbing in his direction/startlement from the contact happening due to the bad timing of his point and her reach.

He pushed her arm when he leaned away to avoid her grabbing the mic. I don’t think it was malicious or intentional, but I would apologize all the same.

5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

He pushed her arm when he leaned away to avoid her grabbing the mic. I don’t think it was malicious or intentional, but I would apologize all the same.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The only reason we're even having this conversation is because SHS is lying about what happened.

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The only reason we're even having this conversation is because SHS is lying about what happened.

I haven’t seen anything from SHS, I’ve only seen the videos Mars and Matt posted in this thread. 

I can’t say that I care one way or the other about this incident, but if my reflexive action involved some physical contact with somebody else, I would apologize to them. You come from a much different culture than I do, you have different standards. That’s fine.

Also, straight from the OP:

5 hours ago, MarSolo said:

On Wednesday night, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders accused Acosta of “placing his hands on a young woman” and said it was on those grounds Acosta’s press pass was being suspended “until further notice.”

How in the world did you not see anything about SHS unless you simply didn't read anything in the thread before commenting?

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I can’t say that I care one way or the other about this incident, but if my reflexive action involved some physical contact with somebody else, I would apologize to them. You come from a much different culture than I do, you have different standards. That’s fine.

P.P.S. This is some steaming hot southern condescending bullshit right here.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

P.P.S. This is some steaming hot southern condescending bullshit right here.

I mean, I'd probably apologize if I actually did something unintentional to hurt someone, but that was barely contact. If I were the woman in the video, I don't think I'd be remotely offended enough to even think someone owed me an apology. 

And I'm a born and bred Southerner here. But I can't wrap my head around this one. 

This could have been the same situation in the Obama administration with a Fox News reporter and if it had gone down the same way, I wouldn't have been able to find any fault in the reporter, because there's just nothing there. 

But then, I cant really begin to imagine this kind of stupid within any other administration. 

He literally said, "pardon me, ma'am," which is more than that staffer deserved.

I'm from southern Missouri, if that means anything. South enough to be overly polite - and yet I doubt I would have made any apology to a woman trying to forcefully rip a microphone out of my hand.

The fact that we're even having this conversation shows how low we've been dragged down by this administration. I don't know what's beneath the gutter, but we're there.

11 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I mean, I'd probably apologize if I actually did something unintentional to hurt someone

I apologize to other people for accidentally bumping into them too. Who doesn't? My point in that last post is that his "different culture" comment comes off like a thinly veiled attempt to insinuate that I must have been raised to be rude if I don't think there's anything for Acosta to apologize for here. 

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

I apologize to other people for accidentally bumping into them too. Who doesn't? My point in that last post is that his "different culture" comment comes off like a thinly veiled attempt to insinuate that I must have been raised to be rude if I don't think there's anything for Acosta to apologize for here. 

I know what you're saying and I agree with you. His post came off condescending. I was just saying that, as a person who has lived in the South my entire life, lived in two tiny rural towns until I was 25, raised with these Southern values, I didn't see anything there that warranted an apology from Acosta. The idea is rather ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I know what you're saying and I agree with you. His post came off condescending. I was just saying that, as a person who has lived in the South my entire life, lived in two tiny rural towns until I was 25, raised with these Southern values, I didn't see anything there that warranted an apology from Acosta. The idea is rather ridiculous. 

And notice that SHS tweeted an edited version that conveniently omits the "excuse me, ma'am." 

7 hours ago, Jason said:

You ARE rude :p 

7 hours ago, Jason said:

Also, straight from the OP:

How in the world did you not see anything about SHS unless you simply didn't read anything in the thread before commenting?

I read the title, watched the two videos previously mentioned, then replied. 

7 hours ago, Jason said:

Shit if you don't apologize or make some type of conciliatory comment after bumping into someone where I grew up you might get shot... I'm only 15% kidding.

This really is a the stupidest crap of all time. There are people actually acting like this was some sort of assault.

What it really says, when you take two steps back, is that these people are clearly playing a game. There isn't a single person on the planet who can look at what happened, and come away with the opinion that Acosta "layed hands" on a woman. So anyone with that opinion is a clear partisan hack who will mold their opinions to fit a narrative. There is no other way to look at it. If you call this assault, you are a partisan hack, who's opinions are formed to attempt to give you points on some sort of imaginary scorecard. You see the other side complain about something, and they think, huh, that looks fun, let's complain about something too... ha, he touched a woman! Assault! Assault! How do you like it!!1!!

Only it doesn't fucking work that way.

The problem with politics is that most issues are so complicated, that when you form opinions like this, people just accept them. When you say something about health care, people believe it, because very few people really understand how health care works on a national level. So a lie gets through. Not here. We can all plainly see exactly what happened. There was no assault. No laying of hands. Anyone who claims that is a fucking garbage person who should be shamed for it for all of time. They are no longer allowed to have opinions on anything, because they have proven themselves to be incapable of any form of rationality.

10 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I don’t think it’s an assault by any legal standard, but I also don’t think it was appropriate to push her arm like that. It was also poor form to try and yank the microphone out of his hand.

I dislike all these people.

You're a smart guy, and I respect your opinion.

Please tell me you're not equivocating here. What you're drawing here is an incredible false equivalence. Anyone who sees the original video (me included) would say Acosta handled himself impeccably, and pushing an arm away when it is entering YOUR personal space is not only appropriate, it is warranted.

You can just say you were wrong on this one, and move on. You can see that, right? :)