Jump to content
~*Please Support the GoFundMe Campaign for HardAct*~ Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Slug

PAX Unplugged 2018

Recommended Posts

PAX-Unplugged-logo.png

 

It's that time of the year!  We're 3 weeks away from Year 2 of PAX Unplugged in FABULOUS Philadelphia, PA!

 

Who's in?!  If you haven't registered yet, 3 day passes are almost sold out.

 

http://unplugged.paxsite.com

 

I'm already rego'd for all 3 days.  In it's first year in 2017, this quickly entered into my favorite cons of the year list.  If you are on the Right Coast and are a tabletop gamer at all, you owe it to yourself to be there.

 

PAX-Crowds.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll be there all three days. I think a clique of about 10 of us will be around one way or another most of the weekend. Tempted to do the Legion tourney, but it’s about 6 hours and I doubt I’d win a match. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got 2 pals driving up from Virginia for it and another few coming down from New Hampshire. I can't wait. 

 

My plan mostly involves Booster Drafting Mtg and playing D&D Adventurer League. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice. Other than a Legion and possibly a Destiny or an X-Wing tourney, I’m pretty open. One of my brothers in law will be running RPGs for games on demand, so may be doing that. Other than that, I’m pretty open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Nice. Other than a Legion and possibly a Destiny or an X-Wing tourney, I’m pretty open. One of my brothers in law will be running RPGs for games on demand, so may be doing that. Other than that, I’m pretty open.

Nice.  Hopefully I'll be able to get in on some RPGs.  Last year that was my only disappointment; not enough DMs so available RPGs booked full way too fast.  Didn't get into a single one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a meeting run 10 minutes after 1:00 pm EST and I missed the cutoff for the Legion tourney. :( I’m on the waitlist. Sigh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the tier 2 and above D&D Adventurer League stuff was booked within minutes of registration opening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it hilarious that people go to cons to play D&D AL that you can play almost anywhere.  Origins usually books up pretty quick too and I usually think "Why?"  I usually like the cons to see and try games I can't play any other night of the week.

 

I won't be going since I started a new job a few weeks ago.  I'm going to try and shoot for next year maybe especially since it's over in PA and I'm in Ohio so it isn't too far.  Just timing wasn't right for this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't aware of this con's existence until this year but will definitely go to it in the future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DemonEyesJason said:

I find it hilarious that people go to cons to play D&D AL that you can play almost anywhere.  Origins usually books up pretty quick too and I usually think "Why?"  I usually like the cons to see and try games I can't play any other night of the week.

 

A bit, yeah.  I mean, I wanted to do AL at Con, but like one adventure and be done with it.  There are people that go to Con and do nothing but AL for 3 days.  I don't get those folks.  There's so much going on that I can't imagine spending the entire con in the RPG dungeon alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like they expanded the Legion player pool, so I’m in. :) Good to know problems have evolved from not being able to participate to being so disconnected from the meta as to have no hope for victory!

 

I think I’ll do at least one other tourney too... maye X-Wing? KeyForge?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PAX day one so far has been good. New entrance model works better. It's lunch and I've already rocked mini-masters, mtg league and a booster draft. After lunch more drafts! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy shit BSG minis space combat! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They split level everything which is super nice. RpGs and tcgs downstairs with the main exhibit hall taking most of the top floor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it’s a lot better than last year even though it’s a lot larger and took longer to get in. 

 

Got shellacked in the Legion tourney but had a great time. No idea who decided to start a tourney at 4:30 when matches are 2 hours long but other than that it was good. A guy with an Imperial Squad had easily the best paint jobs and mods I’ve seen IRL, it was incredible. 

 

Picked up some stuff, will do more shopping tomorrow. Probably gonna get Fog of Love and some Arkham Horror TCG expansions. Was hoping they’d have the expansion for Root here, but no luck so I preordered the second printing. 

 

Played a lot of KeyForge today and I really dig it. I’ll be interested to see how / if it takes off. 

 

Also every custom game table maker is here and I want one SO BAD. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played Inhuman Conditions and liked it a lot. I’m... pretty bad at the role playing part of RPGs. Mainly because most of the systems I play are foreign to me, so I get caught up in mechanics a lot instead of playing my character. Something that only lasts for 5 minutes at a time was fun and easy to commit to when I was the suspect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20181201-111733.jpg20181201-181538.jpg

20181201-080027-HDR.jpg20181201-121359.jpg

20181201-130633-HDR.jpg20181201-184040-HDR.jpg

20181201-184232.jpg20181201-184252-HDR.jpg20181201-222131-HDR.jpg

 

AND my final haul, less some D&D 5e adventure modules I purchased...

 

20181202-224146.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2018 at 9:35 PM, Kal-El814 said:

Yeah it’s a lot better than last year even though it’s a lot larger and took longer to get in. 

 

Got shellacked in the Legion tourney but had a great time. No idea who decided to start a tourney at 4:30 when matches are 2 hours long but other than that it was good. A guy with an Imperial Squad had easily the best paint jobs and mods I’ve seen IRL, it was incredible. 

 

Picked up some stuff, will do more shopping tomorrow. Probably gonna get Fog of Love and some Arkham Horror TCG expansions. Was hoping they’d have the expansion for Root here, but no luck so I preordered the second printing. 

 

Played a lot of KeyForge today and I really dig it. I’ll be interested to see how / if it takes off. 

 

Also every custom game table maker is here and I want one SO BAD. 

 

From what I have heard from local game stores is that KeyForge has already taken off!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the GW booth is as meh as it is when it's at Origins.  Everything they bring tends to be Horus Heresy or Forge World garbage that they charge a hell of a lot for.  That painted Tau looks great though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×