The William Barr confirmation and Big Dick Toilet Salesman thread.

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

How long until we find out he did?

I should know the answer to this, but is the current hearing subject to perjury, or did the lack of a subpoena negate that?

I think I know the answer...which is yes....but the guy seems to be walking into lies so hard someone might want to tell him that.

1 hour ago, osxmatt said:

Always have to remind ourselves this is not normal. This is what you get when you hire a sycophant whose understanding of the dynamics between responsibility and partisanship is on about the same level as a poster on an internet comments page.

• Jason changed the title to The William Barr confirmation and Big Dick Toilet Salesman thread.
On 2/8/2019 at 11:49 AM, Chairslinger said:

I should know the answer to this, but is the current hearing subject to perjury, or did the lack of a subpoena negate that?

It's a crime to lie to Congress, you not only don't need to be subpoenaed, you don't even have to testify under oath. 

On 2/8/2019 at 11:49 AM, Chairslinger said:

Always have to remind ourselves this is not normal. This is what you get when you hire a sycophant whose understanding of the dynamics between responsibility and partisanship is on about the same level as a poster on an internet comments page.

It's also patent unfamiliarity with Congress and how it works. Someone should have prepared him for that specifically, despite the fact that rising to his level means that life should have educated him on what happens when you're so fucking obvious with being a smartass jerkoff. 

22 hours ago, Jason said:

NO OBSTRUCTION!

Some Democrats have suggested a narrative that they seem to think is the rational middle of the argument. Where by the "moderate" stance is that Trump may be guilty of some stuff, but not all out Manchurian Candidate collusion. Sure, he obstructed the hell out of justice, but that was due to his instinct to punch back and make everything he sees as an attack on him into a political fight. 

I have to admit that, while I favor the explanation that Trump colluded and he knows he colluded and he obstructed justice to keep everyone else from knowing he colluded, if he didn't than this would probably be the most reasonable explanation for why a innocent of collusion Trump would so clearly obstruct justice. Whatever else you wanna say about Trump the guy is a counter puncher who doesn't tend to stop and think things through before countering.

That all said, this instance of obstruction kind of puts a big damper on that relatively benign explanation. This is almost two years after he fired Comey. This is after the political damage had been done in the Cohen case. His sole motivation here, and long after he should have known better, was to get a guy in there that could prevent legal trouble for Trump.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...