The William Barr confirmation and Big Dick Toilet Salesman thread.

While everyone is looking at what this means for Mueller, I wonder if the more specific goal here is to install a sycophant who will take orders.

Specifically, what if Trump's strategy is not to worry so much about all his dirty laundry that is about to come out....but to have a DOJ head that will investigate Clinton and other political enemies?

Turn this whole this into an even bigger clusterfuck of whataboutism than 2016 was.

For all his other flaws we may have begun to take for granted that one line Sessions seemed unwilling to cross was to use his power to go after Trump's enemies. After what happened to Acosta today, I wonder is Trump is really revving up to redefine some boundaries again.

15 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

I signed up for that list, and I'd be very gung-ho about attending if Mueller had been fired, but as bad as this new guy is, it's not even clear if he's going to be in the job. I'm considering going to take some photos, but I think it's a premature call to arms by the organizers.

Just now, osxmatt said:

In an opinion piece for USA TODAY, Whitaker disagreed with then-FBI Director James Comey that "no reasonable prosecutor" would indict Clinton for handling classified documents as secretary of State on a private email server.

"I believe myself to have been a reasonable prosecutor, and when the facts and evidence show a criminal violation has been committed, the individuals involved should not dictate whether the case is prosecuted," wrote Whitaker, a former U.S. attorney.

He penned the piece while serving as executive director of the Foundation for Accountability and Civic Trust, a conservative watchdog group. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/11/07/interim-attorney-general-matthew-whitaker-would-have-indicted-hillary-clinton/1923609002/

• Guillotine 1

Looking through twitter at #NoOneIsAboveTheLaw and similar hashtags and it doesn't seem like there's a huge turnout for the protests. Yeah, it's early, but I still feel like they pulled the trigger too early.

If this is the biggest crowd you could get in Times Square, I suspect there won't be many folks in San Diego tonight.

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

CNN is reporting that The White House was taken off guard by the reaction to Matt Whitaker and they weren't fully aware of all of the things he's said publicly regarding the Mueller investigation :lol::lol::lol:

Honestly i can see this being as likely as them just straight lying about it.

• Haha 1