The William Barr confirmation and Big Dick Toilet Salesman thread.

38 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I don’t think he can. He works under the direction of the executive.

I meant bring Mueller and co onto their investigation. Obviously they can't place him back into the exact same position he holds right now.

• Guillotine 1

1 minute ago, SFLUFAN said:

They're going to give him a "wrap it up" date for when the funding ends.

If that is the case, then they can't stop him from issuing new idictments? Or does the AG need to sign off on them? Obviously any findings Mueller has (such as recommendations to Congress, etc) can simply be buried by the executive and no one will ever see them.

3 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

What is the over/under on the hours/days until Mueller is fired? Or will they attempt to make him go away quietly by starving him? The reason I ask is because I know that there are 'rapid response' sites and groups in place to basically take to the streets if Mueller is fired.

I don't think there's much to be gained from firing him at this point. He's already done so much investigating and his work won't just disappear. I think they'll use funding to try and get him to wrap it up, but I honestly don't think the Senate or the White House directly can control him.

I'm guessing that they'll want this done well in advance of 2020, and a Senate majority means that conviction from impeachment is basically impossible.

1 minute ago, marioandsonic said:

So, is this good or bad?  I cant tell anymore

Overall, bad. How bad depends on how far and fast Trump goes. If the new AG just fires Mueller (unlikely) then it's probably bad for Trump as there will be public outrage and probably street protests. However, he does have two years until he or the GOP have to answer for it. More likely is that they just tell Mueller he only has funding for X more days, and then force him to shut down. In that time Mueller can still indict. The absolute most-likely eventuality in combination with this is that Mueller will deliver his findings (on Trump) to the AG, who will then decline to give it to Congress or the public. The most we will ever hear of it ever again is whatever Trump angrily tweets after reading it.

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

The absolute most-likely eventuality in combination with this is that Mueller will deliver his findings (on Trump) to the AG, who will then decline to give it to Congress or the public.

At which point, the House committees will subpoena the report and/or its preparers, setting up a sure to be lengthy legal battle involving executive privilege that should take us into 2020.

2 hours ago, osxmatt said:

"he's doing it because he can"

Who's the child, her or Trump? 

Confusing the words "reasoning" with "authority". 

Why be coy about it at all. Just say what you mean you dumb bitch. "I don't care, because he's Republican, and you can't do anything about it, because the senate is still controlled by republicans".