Battlefield V | Official Thread of Squadmates Ignoring the Objective, update - DICE announces end of new content updates this summer

Zaku3

3 minutes ago, atom631 said:

Next mission.. lobbing an anti-take nade at a plane!!

seriously...best part is watching his body fall from the sky. :D 

@The def star

:lol::lol::lol:

That what he gets for flying low :lol: Seriously through out the whole match he was harassing our objective uncontested until Atom said he was gonna shoot him down with his rockets. @Pikachu You can always do what Atom did :p But other than that if you can't shoot them down with a plan or anti air manned guns I can't think of any other way of taking down a plane. There are no other Anti Air weapons really.

23 hours ago, Pikachu said:

Anyone got any tips on how to properly take down other planes? It seems most of the time I can only disable engines and destroy wings but never find the sweet spot to get a clean kill.

What are you using? As a fighter you need the 20mm cannon upgrade. Though its really hard if the bomber is upgraded to have a HMG as its tail gun. 

21 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

I think that might be the problem. I don't have any upgrades. All of my planes are base level.

What you would do is go in this order fighters, stukas, and bombers to level up the plane. Dependingn on the plane you need to get the cannon upgrade or the faster firing forward gun upgrade. The spitfire VB i believe starts out with 2 hispano 20mm autocannons so you can use that one out of the box vs bombers. Forgot which BF109 does i think the G-6 has autocannons right off the bat too.

• Like 1

I have a gripe with the bomber planes and the ant air artillery. The bombers seem OP at the moment. There was a guy on the other team that went 73-3 the whole match because he just kept on swooping in and dropping bombs on the objectives. Our fighter planes weren't able to shoot him down and I wasn't playing with @atom631 to rpg him down. So I just on the AA gun and that thing did about 30+ damage before it overheated. The bomber got away repaired itself and came back but I was never able to shoot him down on the AA. Maybe I'm missing something but it shouldn't be that hard to take down a bomber./end rant

36 minutes ago, The def star said:

I have a gripe with the bomber planes and the ant air artillery. The bombers seem OP at the moment. There was a guy on the other team that went 73-3 the whole match because he just kept on swooping in and dropping bombs on the objectives. Our fighter planes weren't able to shoot him down and I wasn't playing with @atom631 to rpg him down. So I just on the AA gun and that thing did about 30+ damage before it overheated. The bomber got away repaired itself and came back but I was never able to shoot him down on the AA. Maybe I'm missing something but it shouldn't be that hard to take down a bomber./end rant

The bombers are currently over powered. A single bomber pilot can swap seat to the rear gun and it out guns the planes, swap to the front, repair and repeat with bombs until the match is over. 

5 hours ago, atom631 said:

There should be a limit to the amount a plane can be repaired before it can’t any longer. 

I dont think there should be a limit, vehicles need to be hard to take down but they should have a minimum 3 man crew required to drive ,repair,shoot.

19 hours ago, SimpleG said:

I dont think there should be a limit, vehicles need to be hard to take down but they should have a minimum 3 man crew required to drive ,repair,shoot.

I disagree. It’s been a problem in BF for a while now. There are very few counter measures on the ground to combat planes. It’s why pilots are going on 100 kill streaks. They can fly OOB and heal and start over again. There needs to be a limit and then there needs to be a timer on how soon a player can play as a pilot again.  This gives other people a chance to play. 

Here’s a list of upcoming changes. The medic changes were definitely needed. But they buffed the sturmgehwer 1-5??? How does that make any damn sense? It’s probably the most used gun in the game. KE7 changes sound good, but not sure it’s enough. 

...and they nerfed my gun (SMLE). No changes to the zero recoil M1 or Gewher 43 which are VASTLY more used than the SMLE. This makes no god damn sense. It’s so rare to get killed by the SMLE as it is. This would’nt be such a kick in the nuts if they fixed the other two as well. I guess I’ll join the meta. Yay for diversity. 

https://reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/a1m24i/sneak_peek_at_battlefield_v_tides_of_war_chapter/

Here’s a list of upcoming changes. The medic changes were definitely needed. But they buffed the sturmgehwer 1-5??? How does that make any damn sense? It’s probably the most used gun in the game. KE7 changes sound good, but not sure it’s enough. 

Agreed

...and they nerfed my gun (SMLE). No changes to the zero recoil M1 or Gewher 43 which are VASTLY more used than the SMLE. This makes no god damn sense. It’s so rare to get killed by the SMLE as it is. This would’nt be such a kick in the nuts if they fixed the other two as well. I guess I’ll join the meta. Yay for diversity

I didnt see a nerf in regards to the SMLE in your link

18 hours ago, SimpleG said:

I didnt see a nerf in regards to the SMLE in your link

Under Weapon Balancing/Changes -> Damage

• Reduced the range at which the Turner SMLE can kill with one headshot and one body shot to 30 meters (previously 35 meters)

its not a huge change and its really going to depend on where the engagements mostly happen. but based on that distance, anyone coming into an objective area (and youre in the middle), its going to take 1 more shot for a kill.  

Battlefield V Update – Chapter 1: Overture, available from December 4. 

In Battlefield V's live service, Tides of War, new experiences, evolving gameplay, and an expanding world will be available for all players – every chapter brings a new battlefield. Free to download for all Battlefield V players, Chapter 1: Overture brings a new map, a fresh untold War Story, and rich rewards as you progress through different challenges.

The Last Tiger, a new single-player War Story, lets you join the German crew of a Tiger I tank, operating a near-indestructible vehicle in an unwinnable battle on the homeland’s borders.

Chapter 1 also brings the Panzerstorm map to Battlefield V multiplayer. Clash with the steel beasts of World War 2 on the Belgian countryside’s rolling hills on this vehicle-based fighting ground.

Also coming in Chapter 1: the Practice Range, vehicle customization, and new Chapter progression rewards.

1 hour ago, atom631 said:

Under Weapon Balancing/Changes -> Damage

• Reduced the range at which the Turner SMLE can kill with one headshot and one body shot to 30 meters (previously 35 meters)

its not a huge change and its really going to depend on where the engagements mostly happen. but based on that distance, anyone coming into an objective area (and youre in the middle), its going to take 1 more shot for a kill.  

Not sure how I missed that.

42 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

No season pass. All maps are available to everyone with no community splitting. There will be some microtransactions available down the line, but currently you can buy all cosmetics with in-game currency.

That's awesome. In the past I always played the Battlefield games a ton, up until the dlc would start to come out. Hated how it broke everybody up. 

39 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

there are some that are still salty over this. you really cant even tell from the models anyway who is male or female.

the only thing i will say is that there is this female scream that is absolutely insane. you can hear it above everything else clear as day. i feel like they did it on purpose to further fuck with the dudes who got their panties in a bunch. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SFLUFAN said:

I thought that this was just one of those "outrages of the week" that would have been quickly forgotten, but the comments on that story sure make it seem like some of these guys remain personally offended.

Patch delayed they found a bug and want to fix it prior to launch. I am disappointed wanted to use my Churchil Gun Carrier. I think panzerstorm would be a good map for those AT half tracks as well. Though the gun carrier is more survivable.