Battlefield V | Official Thread of Squadmates Ignoring the Objective, update - DICE announces end of new content updates this summer

Zaku3

8 minutes ago, atom631 said:

@The def star yo. Buying the deluxe edition is why the first 4 guns were “unlocked”. I believe standard version they will have to level the guns. 

Ok that was another thing I was thinking if it wasn't carried over from the beta. I think that's why you see everyone using the same starting guns because theyre easily the strongest guns until you upgrade the guns you unlock through ranking up. Which is dumb because you see less variety.

I just put a few hours in with a more open mind then when I played the beta. I am enjoying it more then I thought I would. I first played GO and it was total meat grinder on offense. It was almost enough to turn me away. After a few rounds of conquest I started to hit my groove. 

My big issues

After so many days played in BF1 the some of the maps dont feel good. They might be to big.

Medics really lack for mid to long range combat options.

Cant hear enemy footsteps

Gun sound effects are very muted

Secondaries need a bump in damage

Other players are still morons of the highest caliber and the TTK really pushes a camper play style.

6 hours ago, SimpleG said:

I just put a few hours in with a more open mind then when I played the beta. I am enjoying it more then I thought I would. I first played GO and it was total meat grinder on offense. It was almost enough to turn me away. After a few rounds of conquest I started to hit my groove. 

My big issues

After so many days played in BF1 the some of the maps dont feel good. They might be to big.

Medics really lack for mid to long range combat options.

Cant hear enemy footsteps

Gun sound effects are very muted

Secondaries need a bump in damage

Other players are still morons of the highest caliber and the TTK really pushes a camper play style.

I agree with all of this. I’m having fun with the game right now, put in a bunch of time...but not sure the gameplay has the staying power to keep me engaged. 

The TTK/TTD is too fast. It’s more about who saw who first than it is about winning a gunfight based on skill. Because of that, lots of camping.  And with no spotting and tough to see enemies, means you have to slow down and be less agressive. Less agressive, slower play on the giant open maps means people are just hanging near one objective and waiting for enemies to come to them. 

I read on the BFV subreddit that SMGs are getting a buff. Not sure how I feel about that. I enjoy playing with semi-auto rifles and I only have an advantage right now at med to med-long range. Very tough for me to win a fight CQ. If SMGs get a damage buff, then they need a range nerf.However, you nerf their range and they become useless on the large maps. This is why the medic class needs at least one semi-auto rifle. Sucks all they have are SMGs. No diversity and this SMG buff could make them op. 

i also read the KE7 is getting nerfed. Halle-fucking-lujah!!! @The def star

11 hours ago, atom631 said:

I read on the BFV subreddit that SMGs are getting a buff. Not sure how I feel about that. I enjoy playing with semi-auto rifles and I only have an advantage right now at med to med-long range. Very tough for me to win a fight CQ. If SMGs get a damage buff, then they need a range nerf.However, you nerf their range and they become useless on the large maps. This is why the medic class needs at least one semi-auto rifle. Sucks all they have are SMGs. No diversity and this SMG buff could make them op. 

SMG's dont need a buff, the game just needs to bring guns like the KE7 in line and offer a mid range replacement to SMG's and medics should be in good spot.DICE does a really bad job of putting classes in to range lanes and trying to balance around it.

So DICE screwed with Conquest again

Aircraft respawns are as follows:

If tickets are even, 90s

If you're down 50 tickets, 70s

If you're down 100 tickets, 45s

If you're down 200 tickets, 45s

If you're up 50 tickets, 90s

If you're up 200 tickets, 105s

Also the more your team is losing the faster you capture flags

:thumbdown:

10 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

So DICE screwed with Conquest again

Aircraft respawns are as follows:

If tickets are even, 90s

If you're down 50 tickets, 70s

If you're down 100 tickets, 45s

If you're down 200 tickets, 45s

If you're up 50 tickets, 90s

If you're up 200 tickets, 105s

Also the more your team is losing the faster you capture flags

:thumbdown:

This kinda makes sense as the times I have won it has always come down to the last few tickets. I guess it's a way to balance the match sort of. Where regular competitive games matchmake you with players of similar skill I don't see how you would be able to to do that successfully in a battlefield game with 32 v 32. Especially when people squad up. 

I was playing as recon class and I notice I wasn't doing any damage when shooting enemies through tree brush. Can you not shoot through tree leaves? It's a minor annoyance as I was on a roof and the enemy was right in front of me under a tree. 

Also with the game officially coming out tomorrow is there gonna be a day one patch?

7 hours ago, TwinIon said:

I was thinking about picking this up, but I don't expect to play it for months on end. Is there any particular reason not to sign up for Origin Premier for a month or two rather than buying? It doesn't seem like there are any sales.

Premier is the best option in that case. Though as pika said the annual price is great if you have interest in past or present EA games there are some 3rd party games available as well. 

58 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Any performance issues?  Community pretty active for all modes? Fun factor? Is the game fun? Graphics good? I’ve read where they weren’t as good as BF1. 

No real performance issues but there are metric ton of bugs. I play conquest,domination, GO,and break through and they are very active. On the weekends I’ve spent upwards of 5 mins waiting to get in games but usually it’s 2-3 . I am loving it but it’s very much hardcore mode of previous BF series. Also having good people to play can drastically alter the fun, if you get stuck with a shit team it can ruin the game an instant. Graphics feel like a step back from BF1,textures are muddy and character animations are janky.

i can only recommend it if your die hard fan , if your not I would wait a few months for some updates and patches.

i would also say that in my time playing the BF series on both consoles, Xbox players are better players and better teammates. PS players are some of the worst.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SimpleG said:

No real performance issues but there are metric ton of bugs. I play conquest,domination, GO,and break through and they are very active. On the weekends I’ve spent upwards of 5 mins waiting to get in games but usually it’s 2-3 . I am loving it but it’s very much hardcore mode of previous BF series. Also having good people to play can drastically alter the fun, if you get stuck with a shit team it can ruin the game an instant. Graphics feel like a step back from BF1,textures are muddy and character animations are janky.

i can only recommend it if your die hard fan , if your not I would wait a few months for some updates and patches.

i would also say that in my time playing the BF series on both consoles, Xbox players are better players and better teammates. PS players are some of the worst.

I thought the game looks better but I'm playing on an Xbox One X. According to this video everything is pretty much an upgrade in Battlefield V 

But he's comparing the PC builds so not sure how that transfers over to console. BF1 is a great looking game on the X in 4k but feel that everything is better in BFV. 

2 hours ago, SimpleG said:

Thanks. I’ll wait for a digital price drop and then download it. 

2 hours ago, The def star said:

I thought the game looks better but I'm playing on an Xbox One X. According to this video everything is pretty much an upgrade in Battlefield V 

But he's comparing the PC builds so not sure how that transfers over to console. BF1 is a great looking game on the X in 4k but feel that everything is better in BFV. 

It can look good but PS4 Pro seems to have some real aggressive adaptive resolution that turns it into muddy mess. Also because the you can swap clothes sometimes character models like this

The clothing looks weird and bad fitting

982m0cmrup021.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Dice took the time to put women in the game but just dressed them in the same size mens clothing,its not terrible but just very un polished.

5 hours ago, The def star said:

@atom631 as soon as you left I started tanking :lol: Then went on a losing streak so I had to call it quits too cuz of my performance. 

Lol. My last 2 matches were terrible!!! But I rewatched the clip of me taking down the plane and it made it worth it. I’ll post it later today. 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2018 at 5:33 AM, Pikachu said:

I'd say Origin Premier is the best way to go. I would do a full year if you want to try Anthem too.

Second this as I don't think I'll be playing again after my sub expires next month. 

I am enjoying the game after not liking the beta, but I can't help but feel disappointed all the time. The maps are way too small, there's no rhyme or reason to any squad's actions, everyone just runs around from point to point like a headless penis, there's no push or pull to make it feel like an actual battle or give you that satisfaction when you take a point. 

The movement is too fast as well, I play as a sniper primarily and watching players move around so fast and erratically gets quite frustrating. 

I suppose I'm just disappointed at seeing how far the series is removed from BF2, but at least Squad and Post Scriptum exist.