Jump to content
~*Please Support the GoFundMe Campaign for HardAct*~ Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Zaku3

General Gaming Battlefield V | Official Thread of Squadmates Ignoring the Objective

Recommended Posts

Preloading now. The preload is live for EA Access, Origin Access, and Access Premier. If you have EA/Origin Access you get a 10 hour trial starting on Friday. I heard Premier will get keys to give out to friends so if that is true I will provide some keys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m playing on Xbone. My pre-load is done but I thought the game got pushed to the 20th?

 

am I entitled to early access bc I pre-ordered? I got the deluxe edition. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, atom631 said:

I’m playing on Xbone. My pre-load is done but I thought the game got pushed to the 20th?

 

am I entitled to early access bc I pre-ordered? I got the deluxe edition. 

I think pre order editions of the deluxe get you early access. If you have EA Access you get even earlier access?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, The def star said:

I think pre order editions of the deluxe get you early access. If you have EA Access you get even earlier access?

 

I think with EA Access you get a trial earlier, with EA Access Premier you get the full game earlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I started playing this morning when I went to play Battlefront 2 and Battlefield V showed the "Play" button on Origin so I figured why not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kleon333 said:

Yeah I started playing this morning when I went to play Battlefront 2 and Battlefield V showed the "Play" button on Origin so I figured why not.

 

I got Battlefront 2 from Origin Premier and it's a ton of fun. Shame what happened to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got to play through the opening section of the game and played one conquest match and one infantry focus match. The game seems pretty solid overall. Basically an improved version of everything DICE has done before. There's a ton of stuff you can customize on each gun and character, and you can earn credits to purchase cosmetics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah they just didn’t do enough to fix a lot of the issues i had with the beta. If I’m able, i think I’m going to be canceling my pre-order (which is crazy to me bc I love battlefield). It’s late, so I’ll probably do a few more matches tomorrow before I make my decision. Might be best to give this game a yearike BF1 needed before it really shined. 

 

TTK is still way too fast

SMGs have too much range

medic grenade launcher is useless

gerenade are too weak and the throwing animation is weird. Didn’t bother me in the beta but now it does for some reason. 

The visibility is still terrible. I cannot fucking see anyone unless I’m on top of them.  

No spotting at all + low TTK = camping everywhere

No spotting + terrible visibility = LMG/Bipods everywhere and insta-death

only one starting gun per class, lmao. 

all guns sound exactly the same still

ammo count is better but you still can run out pretty quick if you’re on a roll.

crouch running and reg running same speed. So everyone is just crouch running all the time and it looks weird. 

audio is much better compared to the beta but it’s still not that great. Still missing that BF1 chaos that I love. 

Overall I’m not even that impressed with the graphics. BF1 still looks just as good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm enjoying the full game so far. The game is a much faster pace game but I don't see that as a bad thing. My biggest complaint doesn't have to do with the gameplay. Mostly the UI which like the last game is bad. I don't know why they split Allies and Axis to have their own classes. So if I add a certain type of grenade to my assault in one faction I have to do it to the other. Customizing your guns is the same way. 

 

For now the game is everything I expected and more with the new maps. Sad that I only get 10 hour trial with EA Access unlike PC players that just get the game early with EA Premier. Guess I just have to wait until the 15th but it can't come soon enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went back and played a ton yesterday. I definitely feel better about the game after giving it more time. 

 

My biggest issue that still stands is the lighting. After 6hrs, I’m still trying to tweak it so I can see better. The HDR is messed up. The sky is too bright and the shadows too black. Could be something with this game and OLED TVs, not sure. However I have it in a place now where it’s OK at best and has vastly improved my experience with the game. 

 

As for my other points:

 

TTK - it’s not too bad now that i can see. Lol. But I still feel like bi-pod MGs are too fast and SMGs are too fast at distance. Feels like there’s not enough spread. 

 

I realized they changed the medic grenade launcher to a smoke grenade, which is why it felt like it did nothing. 

 

Grenades are incredibly too weak and animation is still weird

 

no spotting is OK - but I wish, at the very least, they would do squad spotting only. This would greatly push more team play. 

 

The sound still isn’t amazing and gave me a headache after 2 straight hours. 

 

I really wish medics got a diverse gun assortment like assault. Give me at least one of the rifles - gehwher 43, smle or m1. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2018 at 7:29 AM, atom631 said:

I went back and played a ton yesterday. I definitely feel better about the game after giving it more time. 

 

My biggest issue that still stands is the lighting. After 6hrs, I’m still trying to tweak it so I can see better. The HDR is messed up. The sky is too bright and the shadows too black. Could be something with this game and OLED TVs, not sure. However I have it in a place now where it’s OK at best and has vastly improved my experience with the game. 

 

As for my other points:

 

TTK - it’s not too bad now that i can see. Lol. But I still feel like bi-pod MGs are too fast and SMGs are too fast at distance. Feels like there’s not enough spread. 

 

I realized they changed the medic grenade launcher to a smoke grenade, which is why it felt like it did nothing. 

 

Grenades are incredibly too weak and animation is still weird

 

no spotting is OK - but I wish, at the very least, they would do squad spotting only. This would greatly push more team play. 

 

The sound still isn’t amazing and gave me a headache after 2 straight hours. 

 

I really wish medics got a diverse gun assortment like assault. Give me at least one of the rifles - gehwher 43, smle or m1. 

 

 

 

I think they did it to nerf grenade spam but they could use a buff. I wouldnt mind a grenade dead on you killing you outright. Spam is significantly reduced now that you only get one grenade, no mortars, and the only way to get grenades is via the ammo stations or the supports ammo crate. 

 

My problem with support is I feel the LMGs are too good at range. 

 

Also yes the medic rifle nade is smoke. I love it best way to revive people while under fire. Launch one let the smoke spread out and go for the revive.

 

15th of Nov is the launch for deluxe edition. We also got the day one patch today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zaku3 said:

 

I think they did it to nerf grenade spam but they could use a buff. I wouldnt mind a grenade dead on you killing you outright. Spam is significantly reduced now that you only get one grenade, no mortars, and the only way to get grenades is via the ammo stations or the supports ammo crate. 

 

My problem with support is I feel the LMGs are too good at range. 

 

Also yes the medic rifle nade is smoke. I love it best way to revive people while under fire. Launch one let the smoke spread out and go for the revive.

 

15th of Nov is the launch for deluxe edition. We also got the day one patch today. 

 

i dont think i killed a single person with a grenade in 6hrs. plus they can now be thrown back at you. the definitely need a buff

 

prone/Bi-pod LMGs are still a problem in BF1. A gun like the M1917 is a lazer beam across the entire map. A bi-podded gun should be great at medium range and managable at medium-long, but it shouldnt compete with a sniper at long range. they didnt learn their lesson from BF1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have killed a handful of people with them. I don't usually throw them back. I have yet to see anyone do it. I usually just go prone once a grenade is thrown my way. I do shot the nades sometimes. Like I use them to clear barbwire or to suprise an enemy I will drop one and then shot it right away. 

 

I forgot to mention I love fortifications. It's great being able to set up cover where you need it. There are times that even if it's destroyed I stop fighting and rebuild it while prone or crouched. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

I have killed a handful of people with them. I don't usually throw them back. I have yet to see anyone do it. I usually just go prone once a grenade is thrown my way. I do shot the nades sometimes. Like I use them to clear barbwire or to suprise an enemy I will drop one and then shot it right away. 

 

I forgot to mention I love fortifications. It's great being able to set up cover where you need it. There are times that even if it's destroyed I stop fighting and rebuild it while prone or crouched. 

I wish you could fortify anywhere you wanted. sucks they are pre-determined locations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can now tell you that the much vaunted ray tracing on the PC is FUBAR as well! DICE has found a VERY unique way to enable ray tracing that won't be to hard on the GPU! They only render half of the effect. Example: On the first "war stories"  mission,  there are spot lights all over the camp (mission at dusk), some of them point from a high ridge to the ground. The beam of light obviously begins at the light source, but gives up half way on its decent to the ground. No it doesn't fade or diffuse, it just ceases to exist! Apparently, Ray tracing is hard! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I can now tell you that the much vaunted ray tracing on the PC is FUBAR as well! DICE has found a VERY unique way to enable ray tracing that won't be to hard on the GPU! They only render half of the effect. Example: On the first "war stories"  mission,  there are spot lights all over the camp (mission at dusk), some of them point from a high ridge to the ground. The beam of light obviously begins at the light source, but gives up half way on its decent to the ground. No it doesn't fade or diffuse, it just ceases to exist! Apparently, Ray tracing is hard! :lol:

 

I know they said this would be a beta release so I expect this to be fixed over time, but I was really hoping they just meant performance issues :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stepee said:

 

I know they said this would be a beta release so I expect this to be fixed over time, but I was really hoping they just meant performance issues :P

You and me both brother! Oddly, it didn't impact the frame rate in 4K too badly (it definitely did, just not down to 20FPS like I was expecting) but maybe that's because its royally borked!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgot to mention that bombers are so OP. Well mainly the JU-88 it has a bug where it gets 32 bombs instead of 16 bombs. Plus you need 20mm cannon armed fighters to damage them effectively. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so anyone playing on Xbox? I need a squad to play with! 

 

I jumped on this morning to get a round in before leaving work... there was am apx 600Mb patch. Not 100% sure, but the game felt like it ran smoother. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, atom631 said:

so anyone playing on Xbox? I need a squad to play with! 

 

I jumped on this morning to get a round in before leaving work... there was am apx 600Mb patch. Not 100% sure, but the game felt like it ran smoother. 

Add me. None of my usual squad mates decided to op for the deluxe edition so I'm playing solo until theirs unlock on the 20th. My GT: The def star

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The def star said:

Add me. None of my usual squad mates decided to op for the deluxe edition so I'm playing solo until theirs unlock on the 20th. My GT: The def star

just checked...were already friends. lol. 

 

Ill be on tonight for sure. Lets run a few rounds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, atom631 said:

just checked...were already friends. lol. 

 

Ill be on tonight for sure. Lets run a few rounds. 

Whats Your gt? I always forget who is who :p I'll definitely be on tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The def star said:

Whats Your gt? I always forget who is who :p I'll definitely be on tonight.

same: atom631

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, atom631 said:

same: atom631

I guess I'm not following you cuz I don't see you on my friendslist. Added you. Ready to deploy tonight :dancing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×