Battlefield V | Official Thread of Squadmates Ignoring the Objective, update - DICE announces end of new content updates this summer

Zaku3

1 hour ago, atom631 said:

Visibility is atrocious in BFV. Apparently it’s going to get fixed at some spoint. Hopefully sooner than later. Are you playing with a TV/Monitor that is HDR? My thought is this has something to do with it. The contrast is too much. It goes from extreme black to blindly bright with shadows and inside structures. I had to make a ton of changes in the settings to get it playable. 

For me it's just a mixture of visibility but enemies being lost in the map.. Like scoping sometimes I'm thinking "is that an enemy?"... Because it all feels so so small in comparison to the map. Like some of those huge maps enemies heads when they are peeking at you look so damn small it doesn't seem right. 

Or like some of the maps with a ton of textures enemies are just barely viable and when I aim I am like wtf 

I'm on a 4k 140" projector that's glorious, and I never had an issue like this in any shooter.

Maybe it is the visablity ultimately and I hope it is, because damn I want to love this game.  It just feels like the enemies aren't proportioned correctly in terms of map sizes and distances when scoping in on someone even short range scopes 

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

For me it's just a mixture of visibility but enemies being lost in the map.. Like scoping sometimes I'm thinking "is that an enemy?"... Because it all feels so so small in comparison to the map. Like some of those huge maps enemies heads when they are peeking at you look so damn small it doesn't seem right. 

Or like some of the maps with a ton of textures enemies are just barely viable and when I aim I am like wtf 

I'm on a 4k 140" projector that's glorious, and I never had an issue like this in any shooter.

Maybe it is the visablity ultimately and I hope it is, because damn I want to love this game.  It just feels like the enemies aren't proportioned correctly in terms of map sizes and distances when scoping in on someone even short range scopes 

Everything you described is part of the issues. The color palettes for the maps blend too well with the uniforms. Add to it the extreme contrast and you can get killed by enemies laying in plain sight less that 20’ from you. It’s infuriating. My suspicions are this is one of the main reasons the playerbase has fallen off so drastically. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

They have any eta on that patch? 

And I hope that fixes things, I log into bf1 and I always feel it's damn near perfect... I want that same feeling of BF5. 

It's a shame how many franchises ea manages to fuck up, God I hate them and their rushing of games 

This week but it seems more bug fixes then anything else. I don't expect a balance patch until going by the current way of a patch every 2 weeks probably the week of Valentine's Day and I expect that to have balance changes. The big ones I know of is fixing the footsteps, vaulting, bipods, and  various other bugs. 

7 hours ago, The Dude said:

Ah cool ok.

What guns are you guys liking? That's another thing I am not happy with is I can't find a gun I really really love yet. In bf1 I had numerous weapons I could pick up and play with and get plenty of enjoyment from 

people praise the gunplay in BF5, but i just dont get it really. Each class of gun sounds and feels nearly identical. In BF1 there was such a wide range of guns for each class, they felt unique and they were actually noticable on the field. 

My loadouts are: 

Assault - STG44 as my primary. For semi - it doesnt matter - they are all nearly identical, so I switch up every now and then. Running the new MAS right now. I switch between piat for infantry and panzer for vehicles, dynamite

Support - Lewis Gun, ammo pouch, frag launcher

Medic - MP40 for a while, now the Zak, bandages, smoke gun

Recon - Krag, spotting scope, sniper decoy

I use the revolver for all classes. 

every fucking patch seems to fuck with my aim settings. its like i have to take 3 days to re-learn how to aim. 

i compared my setting to BF1 and they are exact and the movement/aiming in BF1 is much more fluid. not sure if its a latency thing or a framerate thing..but its annoying. 

played a bunch of matches in BF1 last night...and I can say one positive thing about BFV..... it made me a better BF1 player! lol seriously. im much more careful now, using cover better, watching likely spots for a camper... i had some amazing matches last night. 

I just wish I could get that loving feeling with bf5, when I fire bf1 man I just can't stop lol everything feels so polished although I wouldn't mind the bf5 ttk in bf1 to be honest. 

I just hope their visibility fixes change how bf5 feels. Don't get me wrong tho I like battlefield 5 in spurts, it's just not quite there like 1 was 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I just wish I could get that loving feeling with bf5, when I fire bf1 man I just can't stop lol everything feels so polished although I wouldn't mind the bf5 ttk in bf1 to be honest. 

I just hope their visibility fixes change how bf5 feels. Don't get me wrong tho I like battlefield 5 in spurts, it's just not quite there like 1 was 

I actually like the TTK in BF1. Its completely situational. Rush an objective and youll get wrecked instantly by shottys, SMGs, etc. Start opening up some range it might take a little longer with a semi-rifle, but it feels good. i like that i have a chance to evade or counter and its not insta-death. the snipers feel great in BF1 too. Ross Infantry is amazing. 

17 hours ago, Brick said:

I missed playing the week the MAS 44 was the goal because I was sick, and didn't feel like playing, so how do I get that weapon now? After this tide of war will it just be available to buy with company coin?

In the past you could buy it if you missed it , I assume you should be able to on this one as well.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SimpleG said:

In the past you could buy it if you missed it , I assume you should be able to on this one as well.

You can but there is a bug preventing tides of war stuff from appearing. The first patch we get in Feb should fix it. 

On 2/2/2019 at 3:03 AM, Brick said:

I missed playing the week the MAS 44 was the goal because I was sick, and didn't feel like playing, so how do I get that weapon now? After this tide of war will it just be available to buy with company coin?

Next weeks patch will fix the issue. 

12 hours ago, Brick said:

Next week is also Combined Arms. Feel like playing some co-op with old Bricky-poo? 

We can. Though I wonder how challenging it will be. I am so 1337 right now. I play at the highest sensitivity my new mouse allows and I am damn lethal.

I’m done with BFV. Haven’t played in a week. Been playing BF1 again between anthem and division betas. 

for the entire time I’m playing BF1, I’m just have a blast. Even when i have a few deaths in a row I feel like i at least know what I did wrong. 

Go go back to BFV tonight and it’s instant frustration. Can’t see enemies unless I’m using a scope. Even then It’s tough to tell what I’m looking at. So I’m just firing on muzzle flash....but camping MMG =Insta death. Seriously,  fuck this game.  I can’t belive I put so much time in torturing myself.

other than spotting there isn’t a single aspect of BFV i like over BF1. It’s by far the worst BF. I really hope it dies a quick death (which seems to be the case) and they can get back to making a good game. 

On 2/8/2019 at 6:36 PM, atom631 said:

I’m done with BFV. Haven’t played in a week. Been playing BF1 again between anthem and division betas. 

for the entire time I’m playing BF1, I’m just have a blast. Even when i have a few deaths in a row I feel like i at least know what I did wrong. 

Go go back to BFV tonight and it’s instant frustration. Can’t see enemies unless I’m using a scope. Even then It’s tough to tell what I’m looking at. So I’m just firing on muzzle flash....but camping MMG =Insta death. Seriously,  fuck this game.  I can’t belive I put so much time in torturing myself.

other than spotting there isn’t a single aspect of BFV i like over BF1. It’s by far the worst BF. I really hope it dies a quick death (which seems to be the case) and they can get back to making a good game. 

I decided to jump back in to BF1 "just for a min". 2 hours latter and I am shutting it off. BfV is currently so boring , the guns either track like a laser gun or wander all over the damn screen.The maps in BF1 actuality allow you to see and track players from a good distance and if you do get snuck up on its because you were not paying attention and not because the map is flooded with so much shit .

What I hate also about BFV is the lack of rifles we had for medics in bf1, the cei rigotti, mondrafon, rsc etc... Those guns were so much fun in bf1 and felt so awesome to use, they're actually some of my all time favorite rifles to use in a shooter. 

Although I think the scout class or whatever has the RSC or a variant, can't remember... But the guns in bf5 just feel weak overall. 

And I agree about the maps in bf1, they just are easier to navigate and actually make sense. The maps in bf5 are just huge open pieces of land where anyone can practically hit anyone, I hate it so bad 

9 hours ago, The Dude said:

Doing it now, yea I'm actually enjoying frontline.. That final step, is that a cumulative 25000 in frontline? 

Yes cumulative. Also the model 8 kinda sucks well I enjoy it as well but the best guns are the ZH and Selbstalder 1908. They have a longer range for 2 hit body kills then the other self loading rifles. 

3 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

Yes cumulative. Also the model 8 kinda sucks well I enjoy it as well but the best guns are the ZH and Selbstalder 1908. They have a longer range for 2 hit body kills then the other self loading rifles. 

Was the Selbstalder a special unlock? Or that in the recon class? I actually can't remember 

But cool, I'm actually liking how frontlines plays out and I'm enjoying it more, really hope that visibility patch kicks in soon.