Battlefield V | Official Thread of Squadmates Ignoring the Objective, update - DICE announces end of new content updates this summer

Zaku3

I put an hour into the game last night.  Its way too early for me to have any complaints but I loved what I played.  The only weird thing I ran into was when I played as the medic class, you have your starting gun.  I unlocked the next gun in the list but all of the stats seemed much lower than the starting gun.  It looked like the only difference was it could be switched to a single shot setting.  I'll have to look at it more tonight.

53 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

I put an hour into the game last night.  Its way too early for me to have any complaints but I loved what I played.  The only weird thing I ran into was when I played as the medic class, you have your starting gun.  I unlocked the next gun in the list but all of the stats seemed much lower than the starting gun.  It looked like the only difference was it could be switched to a single shot setting.  I'll have to look at it more tonight.

It’s because for some reason they unlocked all the perks on the starting gun right off the bat, which make it look like it’s an overall better gun (and it is anyway). You can reset the perk tree at level 4. If you do that and then compare it will be more accurate. 

1 minute ago, atom631 said:

It’s because for some reason they unlocked all the perks on the starting gun right off the bat, which make it look like it’s an overall better gun (and it is anyway). You can reset the perk tree at level 4. If you do that and then compare it will be more accurate. 

The starting guns are all upgraded to help new players. 

1 hour ago, atom631 said:

Thanks. It was making me wonder and I don't remember the game mentioning that up front. 

9 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

Has anyone played panzerstorm. Still have yet to get a game.on that map.

I didnt but I put some time in post-patch and did the tides of war assignment to unlock the VG40. 

So far my thoughts are that they didnt do enough to buff the medic guns. they are still wet noodles at mid-range and easily get out classed by ARs (which are also just as competitive at close range). The sturmgehwer 1-5 did not need a fucking buff and as suspected is a total beast again like the beta. Im seeing less KE7 out there now, which is good...but the ones I do come across still see to have an insane TTD which Im thinking is not tied to the gun but DICE's issue with the netcode. I definitely feel the impact of the nerf of the Turner SMLE and notice that almost everyone who is using a semi-auto rifle is now running the M1. 

However...for me, I cannot figure out what it is, but something is off with my aiming now. Like they changed something in the options. Its so floaty when it used to be nice and tight. I looked through the settings and noticed universal solder aim was turned off. I could've sworn I always run with that on...but when I turned it on, it made it even worse. I also noticed that they used to have two options for aim assist - one for slowing down the reticule when over a target and the other for snapping to the target. I always turn off snap to target, but leave the slowdown over target on. Now it looks like there just one aim assist option and its on. Either way im not sure aim assist would even affect how floaty it feels. Something definitely changed and  its really pissing me off. 

I do have to say that after around 60Hrs now, Im getting tired of this game. I know the consensus is mostly that the game is buggy but the gunplay is good. I kinda feel like my initial impressions stayed true in that nothing is better (at least compared to BF1). I think the biggest thing for me is how much this game caters to camping. I absolutely hate camping and feel forced to do it in this game sometimes. I mean, the whole existence of of MMGs and certain perks that lower muzzle flash are literally designed for camping. The visibility with the shadow and how sometimes you can literally be facing an enemy 10' away and not see them. It just makes it so that if you want to do well, you really have to play slow...and I thoroughly enjoyed the fast-paced frantic gameplay of BF1. Add to it all the fact that the TTD bug is a huge issue and it seems they have no way to resolve it easily or anytime soon...it just leads me to want to put the game down for a while. Maybe come back in 6ish months when more content is out and the game is better tuned. 

I am kinda liking it. I will play more tomorrow to determine my feelings on it. However time to die is still messed up. Still feels like I die in 1 shot. Though I have escaped situations that I would have died in previously (or got a triple kill if I wasnt a medic lol)

I jumped back into BF1 last night for a few matches....and man, there are some really glaring differences after 60+hrs in BFV. The biggest are movement (BF1 movement is so much smoother and less janky). Sound - I got used to BFV sound and though it was OK but going back you can really hear the diffrences and BF1 is leaps and bounds better. Tanks are actually scary in BF1. Nades - they actually do damage and sound a lot better in BF1. Gas mask and gas grenades - really add a cool element to the gameplay that mixes things up. And the biggest thing.... way less fucking camping!!!!! i know they overdid the spotting but it made it so that you could not fucking camp a spot and I really really miss that. I really hate BFV caters to camping. 

I played for 2 hours the other day and had some bad BAD games. Over the years I usually just stick to conquest mode so that's what I've been playing. That's just Battlefield to me.  These games were so horribly one sided.  I think the one game we lost was like 0-280. Campers were a big problem. I don't know the name of the maps but the one is especially rough. It's a desert setting with an airplane hanger in the middle. A couple points were so heavily camped by heavy machine gunners and snipers my squad kept getting wiped no matter which direction we went. 

Anti air guns on the map seem fucking useless. You get in one and about 5 seconds later someone snipes you or just pops up and shoots you from the side. It's like the maps aren't made for those stationary guns. 

I still dont like the flying in these games. I probably have said this in every Battlefield thread since BF2. I consider myself to be a veteran of Battlefield 2 on the PC . I put hundreds of hours into it. Flying in these new games just feel like by the time you line up a shot against a ground target you are about to crash into the ground. Then the maps feels so small you are constantly turning because your about to fly "out of bounds" and the death timer starts counting down.  I need to see if it's possible to load up a singleplayer game of BF2 on the pc. In my head it's like these massive levels with more then ample room to have fun and fly around. But with the new games it's all about funneling you right into the action non stop. 

My other nitpicks with the game are how the menus are laid out and the weapon skins. The menu part is just a personal thing I guess. It's all laid out clearly, it just feels like it can take a lot of time to customize your characters /weapons. And a lot of the weapon skins seem pointless. They just aren't that noticeable. They aren't flashy like in Call of Duty. If I scroll over in the menu and see some chrome or blue rifle skin set you can buy for 14,900 credits, it should look pretty amazing. These look boring. 

Mix all that with the couple of bad games I had, and my desire to jump in for another 30 minute match is dwindling. 

I jumped back in bc sadly its getting tough to find full matches in BF1. Esp in operations, which is my mode of choice. 

There is so much about this game I dislike, but I just keep playing. 

My biggest gripes still stand - visibility, movement and audio issues. Its making for an extremely frustrating experience. my minor gripes are the UI, medic class is trash, and the guns just dont feel unique. 

Ive been capturing small clips of all the nonsense in this game and going to put together a collage of it all. 

• 3 weeks later...

The more I play Battlefield V, the more I'm unimpressed by the current maps.

They're visually uninteresting and "flat" - by that I mean that the delta between the highest point on the map and the lowest point is very small.

I REALLY do miss the "spectacle" of the BF1 maps.

And I second what @atom631 said - the overall quality of BF1's audio presentation is superior to BFV.

3 hours ago, Biggie said:

Does this game ever go on sale on the PS Store?

This game has already been as cheap as $24 for the deluxe edition. Sad state of affairs. 

Im still playing. But playing a ton a recon recently. It’s really grown on me as a class. I have literally jumped my win percentage up from around 46% to 53% by playing recon and sitting back and spotting for my team. With the amount of snipers out there it’s amazing how little the scope is used. It’s actually OP bc I can single-handedly turn the tide of a match by switching to recon, posting up somewhere and just spotting. I use it with the sniper decoy which is also fantastic. I drop 2 sniper decoys about 20’ from me and just wait for some poor bastard to shoot one. Lol. 

New patch coming jan 16th. TTD fix confirmed. Medic buff confirmed. company coin fix comfirmed. Hopefully it’s meaty enough to keep players interested bc after this I don’t think there’s anything till late March. 

15 hours ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

Will the new patch make it so that this sells more than Battlefield Hardline? 

probably not! 

i dunno.. id take a shitty Battlefield over a COD anyday. It kinda boggles my mind how much better COD sells when the game is complete garbage. 

Battlefield V Update – Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes, starts this week for all Battlefield V players.

Featuring a new co-op mode Combined Arms (available from February), new Company Gear, weapons, vehicles, and the return of Rush mode.

Join your squad and enter mankind’s greatest conflict in Battlefield V today: http://x.ea.com/53951

@DarkStar189 battlefield is definately on my list of series that took a hit from switching to the PC only to console/PC. I still feel BG2 (BF3142 maybe) were the heights of the series. Panzerstorm is the only map from current BG games that feels like a battlefield map. Hope we get a bunch more like it. We are still at 64 players. I remember waiting for it to go to 96+ players in the future but still waiting for that. The consolidation of classes is kinda of lame. While I didn't care much for the engineer and his shotgun it was an important class. A dedicated AT class also helps the current issue with assault. I personally didn't find Battlefield Vietnam's support class that bad but this is definately way worse. In BF:Nam the support class had an LMG plus AT weapons. In BGV assault is literally the best class. Assault rifles that are jack of all trades, semi-autos that are 2-4 shot kills with high accuracy, amd anti tank/explosive weapons. The new patch has made medics more viable at least. 

In addition the chasing a larger audience has lead to alot of BF maps trying to emulate CoD. 

I also hate the lose of dedicated community owned servers. BF5 has turned me against matchmaking. I support it in peer to peer games like RTS but it kills the sense of community. Each game is a game with random strangers unless you squad up. I have been running into a fair few cheaters as well with no community servers we have no admins beyond EA's convoluted reporting system. EA/DICE are really quiet on the rent a server program and that is terrible. 

I hate writing posts like this makes me feel like an old man. 

I'm enjoying the game a lot so far. I feel like medic should have the shotguns too, rather than support, since medics only have SMGs while support gets LMGs and MMGs. 

Hopefully there's a ton of new maps to come in the future. Battlefield 1 got a lot of new maps with its DLC, but I fear that because of the lack of a season pass, EA and DICE won't feel obligated to do that much DLC anymore.