Battlefield V | Official Thread of Squadmates Ignoring the Objective, update - DICE announces end of new content updates this summer

Zaku3

On 1/20/2019 at 4:39 PM, Brick said:

I fear that because of the lack of a season pass, EA and DICE won't feel obligated to do that much DLC anymore. 

this is absolutely bound to happen, just like Battlefront II. We at least have a roadmap through march, but I suspect support after that will drop drastically. That is unless the battle royale mode offers something unique and draws in players. If it does, great... however that will probably mean their attention will be focused on that mode, which sucks bc i have no desire to play it. 

4 hours ago, atom631 said:

this is absolutely bound to happen, just like Battlefront II. We at least have a roadmap through march, but I suspect support after that will drop drastically. That is unless the battle royale mode offers something unique and draws in players. If it does, great... however that will probably mean their attention will be focused on that mode, which sucks bc i have no desire to play it. 

The other possibility for this happening could be that the game doesn't sell that well, so EA/DICE don't feel it's worth it to spend more money making content for a game that isn't making money, which is also what seems to have happened with Battlefront II. 

3 hours ago, Brick said:

The other possibility for this happening could be that the game doesn't sell that well, so EA/DICE don't feel it's worth it to spend more money making content for a game that isn't making money, which is also what seems to have happened with Battlefront II. 

I think the problem with battlefront is any plans they had were hurt by the backlash. So they had to remove pay to win and that ate up dev time. It is a concern though. EA is too big of a publisher to do a Ubisoft and keep pouring resources into a game to turn it around. 

You can swap out planes and vehicles mid battle. Select a plane and click customize and it will give you thw option to replace plane. The best planes for Axis are the two BF109 models and the Ju-88. For the Allies it's really the Spitfires. The Blenheim mk1 is okay, the other Blenheim is more for support (it has a spotting camera you takr pics qnd it spots the enemy) the mosquito is cool but it got nerfed into the dirt. It'a 20mm upgrade no longer hurts tanks. 

Oo the stukas are okay. The 2nd varient is somewhat OP with it's 37mm cannon upgrade.

They need to come up with a monetization  scheme that allows for free maps so the player base doesnt get segregated. 

The problem with BF is that its semi-grounded in realism, so they cant go the COD route and have crazy neon armor and guns. So really, their ability to make and sell skins is really limited. They are in a tough spot with this franchise. Its slowly dying and need to figure something out. 

2 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

I think the problem with battlefront is any plans they had were hurt by the backlash. So they had to remove pay to win and that ate up dev time. It is a concern though. EA is too big of a publisher to do a Ubisoft and keep pouring resources into a game to turn it around. 

Well yes there's that too. I forgot to mention that. It's a shame because right now, with all the fixes, the game is actually pretty fun. 

I'm sure at this point though, most development is going into Battlefront III, and they've more or less given up on this game, so that's why there hasn't been that many new maps, and zero new guns. 

3 hours ago, atom631 said:

They need to come up with a monetization  scheme that allows for free maps so the player base doesnt get segregated. 

The problem with BF is that its semi-grounded in realism, so they cant go the COD route and have crazy neon armor and guns. So really, their ability to make and sell skins is really limited. They are in a tough spot with this franchise. Its slowly dying and need to figure something out. 

They keep making so many poor choices and dont think anything can really save it at this point. I mean so many are baffling I feel like they left the game to bunch if un paid interns.

Gun balance has never been really balanced since launch and guns like KEV took weeks to be fixed .

Player: Medics guns seem really under powered at short range,mid range, and really bad at long range.

Dice: They are CQC class

Player: But Support gets 1 hit at CQC and can 1 hit at range shotgun?

Dice: :shrug:

Dice: We have done some gun balancing 

Players: Medics are still under powered at all ranges

Dice: We hear your concerns, so we decided to add a few more guns to both Assault and Support  

Players: And Medics?

Dice:We added more shotguns.........to the Support class

Dice: Oh yea the guns are  hidden behind  game modes that no one really enjoys

nail on the head. 

overall, the support class and assault classes are so imbalanced compared to Recon and Medic. 

For assault, The semi-auto rifles need some recoil in a bad way. Its too easy to sit at mid-range and just pick off people rapid-firing a semi. The STG44 and Strumgehwer 1-5 also have zero recoil and work effectively at almost all ranges depending on what scope/sight you use. The only gun that feels balanced is the 1907 because its a beast close but completely uncontrollable at med-long range without some decent skill (and I suck using it bc none of the other guns have recoil, so going to that is jarring and I have basically re-learn everytime i try it). On the other hand, the SMGs for medic that have high ROF - suomi and zak have crazy horizontal and veritcal recoil. so they offer these guns that are a good counter to assault/support then fuck them up by making them uncontrollable at anything other than CQC. 

The support class overall is probably the most OP class in the game. The only class with shotguns. Now they have a shotgun that can also be an effective sniper, lol. The MMGs are ridiculous. I should NEVER get outgunned by someone hip-firing an MMG. The recoil should be so insane that after one trigger pull, the gun is pointing to heaven. Yet, there has been several occasions where an MG42, bc of its ROF out-guns me, esp when playing medic. The MMGs also have no movement penalty when prone. They can move and fire above and below where IRL the gun or the players body would be clipping through the floor. They can also go from a full-sprint to a dolphin dive and deploy the gun and be firing in under 1 second. They are super effective at med-long range as well, where they can counter a sniper from across the map.  There is no sustained fire penalty where the accuracy should fall off.  Then you have the LMG where are jack of all trade guns with high ROF, no recoil, bipod for range and hip-fire really good. 

16 hours ago, atom631 said:

Make BF: 2545 and then you can have neon armour or whatever.

On 1/23/2019 at 5:03 PM, atom631 said:

I like customization but I am also a history nerd and kinda hate it. We are the brits running around in American uniforms for the most part. 

The vehicle skins are good but again I am a nerd so you can sell me a 1940 North Afrika skin. Most outrageous I'd do would be like a black/red skin for my vehicles since they are my favorite colors. Barring that my accuracy.

Though I feel cosmetics have hurt in that it's hard to identify what class a player is beyond the weapon they carry.

43 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

These maps are so bloody boring!

Agreed. For so many reasons too. After hundreds of hours in BF1, it was a nice change for a while, but I’m starting to get burnt. From what I understand, no new maps until March. Not sure if they’ll be any then since they are releasing the BR mode. 

1 hour ago, atom631 said:

Agreed. For so many reasons too. After hundreds of hours in BF1, it was a nice change for a while, but I’m starting to get burnt. From what I understand, no new maps until March. Not sure if they’ll be any then since they are releasing the BR mode. 

Crete is the new map. 

That line is from a Churchill quote. I believe he was inspecting the frontlines when the initial hurricane bombardment hit. 

3 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

I really miss the "spectacle" of BF1 - it was just more stupidly compelling than what's happening in BFV.

We've gone from fighting for control of a Crusader-era fortress or a spectacular castle in the Italian Alps to Rotterdam which I SWEAR is effective a carbon copy of a similar map from BF1 (Amiens).

I've seen you mention this three times now haha. By spectacle do you just mean the environment, or also the effects, like seeing artillery fire on the horizon? 

6 hours ago, Brick said:

I've seen you mention this three times now haha. By spectacle do you just mean the environment, or also the effects, like seeing artillery fire on the horizon? 

Its really tough to put a finger on it, but if you had put in even a dozen hours in BF1 and then played BFV it would be apparent. Battlefield 1 actually felt like being in a war. It was frantic and fast-paced. The sound really was drastically better. More bombs, more grenades (that actually made noise), the various gunfire, the planes, the whistle, the death cries, explosions, fire, gas... it was all more pronounced in BF1 without being overly obnoxious. Every match had a sense of urgency. The maps felt more alive, gritty and worn-torn. 

BFV just feels very white-washed. Theres no grittiness to it. Its bright and sunny on every map (except the few airborne maps - but whose playing grand ops?). The maps feel very compartmentalized...like there are a few scattered skirmishes going on, but not an actual war. The sound is just not great. Now the footsteps are too loud, the jericho sirens on stuka are obnoxiously loud now. getting burned or being too close to fire makes no noise. all the guns sound the same. the infantry chatter is off-putting (esp the woman's scream and the brit yelling MEDIC in an almost comical voice). Hell, event he headshot chime in BF1 is better than BFV. 

8 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

Crete is the new map. 

That line is from a Churchill quote. I believe he was inspecting the frontlines when the initial hurricane bombardment hit. 

So we will get Crete in March along with BR mode?

WIll Crete be available in all the modes, or just conquest (like panzerstorm)? 

I really prefer Breakthrough. Its a great blend of frontlines and conquest. After only ever playing conquest in the older BF games, I started playing operations in BF1 and absolutely fell in love with the mode. I guess they re-named it Breakthrough in BFV.  Its all I play basically. You have an actual objective and what youre doing makes sense. When I got back to conquest, I get bored instantly because youre basically aimlessly running around capturing arbitrary points on the map, but never actually achieving anything.

I expect Crete to be on all modes but knowing dice it will be conquest first. Panzerstorm is gonna expand to other modes. I know the new Grand Ops we are getting is breakthrough/frontlines on Panzerstorm  and Rush on Arras. 

I do expect Crete to get Airborne because the battle of crete started with a paratrooper invasion of the island. 

Its really tough to put a finger on it, but if you had put in even a dozen hours in BF1 and then played BFV it would be apparent. Battlefield 1 actually felt like being in a war. It was frantic and fast-paced. The sound really was drastically better. More bombs, more grenades (that actually made noise), the various gunfire, the planes, the whistle, the death cries, explosions, fire, gas... it was all more pronounced in BF1 without being overly obnoxious. Every match had a sense of urgency. The maps felt more alive, gritty and worn-torn. 

BFV just feels very white-washed. Theres no grittiness to it. Its bright and sunny on every map (except the few airborne maps - but whose playing grand ops?). The maps feel very compartmentalized...like there are a few scattered skirmishes going on, but not an actual war. The sound is just not great. Now the footsteps are too loud, the jericho sirens on stuka are obnoxiously loud now. getting burned or being too close to fire makes no noise. all the guns sound the same. the infantry chatter is off-putting (esp the woman's scream and the brit yelling MEDIC in an almost comical voice). Hell, event he headshot chime in BF1 is better than BFV. 

This nails it PERFECTLY! :twothumbsup:

So we will get Crete in March along with BR mode?

WIll Crete be available in all the modes, or just conquest (like panzerstorm)? 

I really prefer Breakthrough. Its a great blend of frontlines and conquest. After only ever playing conquest in the older BF games, I started playing operations in BF1 and absolutely fell in love with the mode. I guess they re-named it Breakthrough in BFV.  Its all I play basically. You have an actual objective and what youre doing makes sense. When I got back to conquest, I get bored instantly because youre basically aimlessly running around capturing arbitrary points on the map, but never actually achieving anything.

I'll have to try the Breakthrough mode you mentioned.  I haven't booted the game up for a while now.  When i was playing it, I was sticking to Conquest and like you said, it just gets boring. 

9 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

I'll have to try the Breakthrough mode you mentioned.  I haven't booted the game up for a while now.  When i was playing it, I was sticking to Conquest and like you said, it just gets boring. 

definitely give it a go, Its really great. You are either defenders or attackers. There are anywhere from 1-3 points/flags on the map and 3-4 sectors. As attackers you need to push up and try and capture the objectives. If all objectives are held by attackers simultaneously, you take the sector and push the defenders back. Eventually you will push them back to the final sector/objective and thats when it gets really good bc its usually either 1 or 2 points and heavily fortified. When the ticket count gets low the attackers usually start throwing hail mary's to try and secure the points for the win. 

Anyone that loved BF1 having a hard time getting into V and keeps going back to BF1? 

So I played a ton of bf1 and loved every second of it and was stoked for 5 but man I keep going back to BF1, and each and every time I do I find myself in the "one more match" mindset. 

Theres a few things that I just don't like in bf5 and one is how maps seem to just swallow up enemies, maybe the character models need to be a slight bit bigger.. I don't know but it feels there's so much on screen that when I aim I am almost squinting to see what I'm looking at, it's weird. 

It's hard to explain really but in bf1 its like the enemies show up a little larger when you zoom in.   And I am not a fan of the TDM maps, they just seem way more massive to the point where it's pretty much a snipe fest. Bf1 had a nice blend of maps. 

Also the fact that nothing feels like it has weight to it.. People are strafing back and forth like cod and I just hate that. 

To me BF1 was spot on. I try daily with bf5 and man there's something that isn't clicking with me 

6 hours ago, The Dude said:

Anyone that loved BF1 having a hard time getting into V and keeps going back to BF1? 

So I played a ton of bf1 and loved every second of it and was stoked for 5 but man I keep going back to BF1, and each and every time I do I find myself in the "one more match" mindset. 

Theres a few things that I just don't like in bf5 and one is how maps seem to just swallow up enemies, maybe the character models need to be a slight bit bigger.. I don't know but it feels there's so much on screen that when I aim I am almost squinting to see what I'm looking at, it's weird. 

It's hard to explain really but in bf1 its like the enemies show up a little larger when you zoom in.   And I am not a fan of the TDM maps, they just seem way more massive to the point where it's pretty much a snipe fest. Bf1 had a nice blend of maps. 

Also the fact that nothing feels like it has weight to it.. People are strafing back and forth like cod and I just hate that. 

To me BF1 was spot on. I try daily with bf5 and man there's something that isn't clicking with me 

It’s on sale for $30 in the PS store. Was thinking about downloading it. Maybe I won’t now. lol

16 minutes ago, Biggie said:

It’s on sale for $30 in the PS store. Was thinking about downloading it. Maybe I won’t now. lol

That's a great price  and I think you should try it Biggie, you'll definitely get 30 bucks from it. I just find bf1 to feel better overall 

On 1/26/2019 at 1:54 PM, The Dude said:

Visibility is atrocious in BFV. Apparently it’s going to get fixed at some spoint. Hopefully sooner than later. Are you playing with a TV/Monitor that is HDR? My thought is this has something to do with it. The contrast is too much. It goes from extreme black to blindly bright with shadows and inside structures. I had to make a ton of changes in the settings to get it playable.