Battlefield V | Official Thread of Squadmates Ignoring the Objective, update - DICE announces end of new content updates this summer

Zaku3

I didn’t realize anyone here at D1P gave a shit about this game anymore but me. 

I still play pretty often. I’d rather play BF1 but it’s becoming harder and harder to find full matches. The new operation metro map is a lot of fun but the other newer maps are garbage. I really hope the pacific delivers. 

9 minutes ago, atom631 said:

I still play pretty often. I’d rather play BF1 but it’s becoming harder and harder to find full matches. The new operation metro map is a lot of fun but the other newer maps are garbage. I really hope the pacific delivers. 

Brick plays and I still play at time. Mainly play HOI4 but I do play it from time to time.

I actually recently got into Squad and it's mad sad how far battlefield has fallen since BF2.

2 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

Brick plays and I still play at time. Mainly play HOI4 but I do play it from time to time.

I actually recently got into Squad and it's mad sad how far battlefield has fallen since BF2.

2 hours ago, Brick said:

That trailer looked good. I'm excited. Katana and flamethrower as battle pick ups? Yes please! Plus the return of Wake Island is just the cherry on top. Knew they had to be bringing that classic map back. 

What system do you guys play on? 

1 minute ago, Zaku3 said:

PC as well.

@Zaku3 @Brick you guys grabbing COD? that is at least cross-play. not sure i can be competitive using a controller against PC players, but i would pick it up if i knew i have a crew to roll with. wasnt thrilled with the beta at all. but i didnt get to try the BF-like game mode. that actually looks pretty fun. 

41 minutes ago, atom631 said:

@Zaku3 @Brick you guys grabbing COD? that is at least cross-play. not sure i can be competitive using a controller against PC players, but i would pick it up if i knew i have a crew to roll with. wasnt thrilled with the beta at all. but i didnt get to try the BF-like game mode. that actually looks pretty fun. 

Yeah I'll be getting it. Figured I might as well take a chance at it. The Battlefield mode, Ground War, feels like a poor man's Battlefield though, but hopefully they've made some improvements since the beta. 

Also you should get a PC. Once you do there is no going back. 

2 hours ago, Brick said:

Yeah I'll be getting it. Figured I might as well take a chance at it. The Battlefield mode, Ground War, feels like a poor man's Battlefield though, but hopefully they've made some improvements since the beta. 

Also you should get a PC. Once you do there is no going back. 

I actually have a PC. It’s a little outdated but still solid - 980ti, i7-4770k, SSD, etc. 

the reason why I went back to console is bc my PC is in my office in the basement. When I gamed down there I was completely isolated from my family. It was like i didn’t exist. Lol. My kids and wife weren’t happy. So I got the X1X and play on my couch and everyone is hanging and doing their thing. Works out well. 

ill eventually build a new PC again and it will be a miniITX HTPC form factor so I can  stick it in my entertainment center. Not sure how much PVP I’ll do tho since I’ll probably need to play with a controller. 

On 10/23/2019 at 10:29 AM, atom631 said:

I was thinking of picking up BFv on the cheap but i'm curious...

You say the newer maps are garbage, but also say Operation Metro is fun. This confuses me.

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I was thinking of picking up BFv on the cheap but i'm curious...

You say the newer maps are garbage, but also say Operation Metro is fun. This confuses me.

They released a bunch of maps since launch and they have mostly be just not good. But the latest map, operation UG is good. 

the pacific chapter drops tomorrow. 2 new maps, US and Japanese factions. New guns and vehicles. It’s a huge content drop.

so far my 2 fav streamers - stodeh and broken machine seem to really like them 

1 hour ago, atom631 said:

They released a bunch of maps since launch and they have mostly be just not good. But the latest map, operation UG is good. 

the pacific chapter drops tomorrow. 2 new maps, US and Japanese factions. New guns and vehicles. It’s a huge content drop.

so far my 2 fav streamers - stodeh and broken machine seem to really like them 

Some of the guns are out now. The Garand, Type 100 smg, Type 96 Arashaka, and the M1919 mmg.

18 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Some of the guns are out now. The Garand, Type 100 smg, Type 96 Arashaka, and the M1919 mmg.

yup. patch dropped on tuesday. the changed up the UI too, much easier to navigate. 

i didnt get a chance to try the new guns bc im in the middle of getting the mastery assignments for the tommy gun. 

46 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Is there plenty of activity on the PC?

Just this year and last the number of active (64 player) servers I could find in BF3, BF4, and BF1 was like 10... combined.  I've been in the mood to experience some Battlefield gameplay, but I don't want to drop money on BFV and not get to play a solid rotation of maps.

There was a good amount of services probably 10 or more at or slightly below 64 players.

Damn, the M1 Garand is terrible. They ruined the most iconic weapon in WW2. It’s so slow handling, firing and has a tiny magazine. And it takes almost an entire clip to kill an enemy unless you hit a headshot. This gun will never be viable as an aggressive rifle. What a shame. 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2019 at 10:26 PM, atom631 said:

Damn, the M1 Garand is terrible. They ruined the most iconic weapon in WW2. It’s so slow handling, firing and has a tiny magazine. And it takes almost an entire clip to kill an enemy unless you hit a headshot. This gun will never be viable as an aggressive rifle. What a shame. 

It's as OP as any semi auto rifle on the PC. 

7 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

It's as OP as any semi auto rifle on the PC. 

on console none of the semis are OP anymore. at launch they were, esp the turner, but since then they nerfed them. 

this gun is not viable in any scenario. slow ROF and small mag make it a sit back and camp just outside the objective type of gun. 

Ok. I played an absolute shit ton of these 2 maps between yesterday and this morning. They are absolutely the best maps in BFV right now. The maps really cater to every play style which is awesome. Dice really brought back that BF feeling with these maps and I’m completely sucked into the game again. I really hope they can keep the momentum going. 

with that, they definitely need some tweaking. I’ve been plying exclusively breakthrough and it’s almost impossible to win defending Iwo Jima. I think I had only one successful defend in about 15 rounds (and it was a complete blowout, which was weird). The final objective is too easily taken. It happens in seconds every round. They definitely need to shut down one flanking route or something. 

The first sector of pacific storm has an opposite issue. It’s too easy to defend. Tanks and boats are taken out before they even get to shore. Then most of the time you have to spawn all the way back at the ships. They need to move the ships up closer to the objectives and I think they need to add some islands in between the spawn and objectives for cover so the offensive team can advance. 

either way though, they turned this game around. Really well done. Feels so much better playing this than that train wreck that is the new COD. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
14 hours ago, SimpleG said:

Nice. I think these are fair changes and should make everyone happy. 

now to fix that spotting mechanic!!

ill definitely be jumping back in. I’m getting tired of COD so it will be nice to go back to BF. Hopefully the rest of the playerbase returns.