~*The Official Thread of Hero Cop Valor and Bravery*~

6 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I would be really curious to know if there was any significant variance between the voting patterns of religious and non-religious black voters on this issue, but I am simply unaware of any such data.

The divide is mostly generational from what I recall, though that also naturally captures some of the religious/non-religious split amongst Black voters for obvious reasons.

4 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I would be really curious to know if there was any significant variance between the voting patterns of religious and non-religious black voters on this issue, but I am simply unaware of any such data.

There is likely a bit of overlap if anecdotal Puerto Rican experience counts for anything. We is a very religious bunch, even among our nonreligious counterparts. That said, I can't possibly see much overlap in the religious and nonreligious black voters voting against gay rights and the black voters having fun at pride parades.

That said, do I think there's likely some overlap among cops that want to attend a pride rally in full uniform and cops that'll turn a blind eye to their colleague beating a minority? American history says absolutely yes. Even the nicest, most kindest police in this nation have a very well documented history of doing just that.

• 2 weeks later...

Mandoyan was reinstated, with back pay, in December, 2018. He had his badge and his gun back, and soon a job in logistics, but his main role, insiders say, was helping the Villanuevas adjust to a life in politics. Mandoyan started calling Vivian the First Lady and the Queen. According to the deputy who worked with Villanueva, Alex and Vivian would binge-watch “House of Cards” and “Designated Survivor” with Mandoyan. “They took a lot from those shows,” he said. “They learned how to be political, how ruthless politics are. Their whole mind-set was, Wow, look at how the Kevin Spacey character was able to coördinate certain things and still come out on top.”

220606_r40497web-site.jpg?mbid=social_re
WWW.NEWYORKER.COM

Whistle-blowers say that a group called the Banditos functions as a shadow government within local law enforcement. The sheriff says there is no such gang in his department.

To be fair, they teach you that the last thing you should do to save a drowning person is to jump in and physically drag them out. That's how you end up with 2 drowning people instead of 1. Cops don't generally carry around a length of rope. I watched the video, and the cops seem only mildly concerned at best that the dude is drowning, which looks bad, but in the time it took to go from "eh, whatever, he wants to swim, let him swim, we'll pick him up when he comes out" to "oh shit he actually is drowning" was remarkably fast. Short of restraining the guy before he even went in the water, I'm not entirely sure what they could have done that would have made a difference other than make themselves look better.

On 6/2/2022 at 5:14 AM, Jason said:
220606_r40497web-site.jpg?mbid=social_re
WWW.NEWYORKER.COM

Whistle-blowers say that a group called the Banditos functions as a shadow government within local law enforcement. The sheriff says there is no such gang in his department.

I read the whole thing. The FBI needs to come in and break up this shitty high school gang clique bullshit. 

3000.jpeg
APNEWS.COM

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (AP) — A prosecutor filed a second-degree murder charge Thursday against the Michigan police officer who killed Patrick Lyoya, a Black man who was on the ground when he was shot in the back of the head following an intense physical struggle recorded on a bystander's phone.

A prosecutor filed a second-degree murder charge Thursday against the Michigan police officer who killed Patrick Lyoya, a Black man who was on the ground when he was shot in the back of the head following an intense physical struggle recorded on a bystander’s phone.

Kent County prosecutor Chris Becker announced his decision against Grand Rapids Officer Christopher Schurr, who killed Lyoya minutes after a traffic stop on April 4. Video from a passenger in the car captured the final chilling moments.

Schurr fired the fatal shot while Lyoya was on the ground, demanding that the 26-year-old refugee from Congo “let go” of the officer’s Taser.

“The death was not justified or excused, for example, by self defense,” the prosecutor said, reciting the elements of second-degree murder.

Schurr, who is white, told Lyoya that he stopped his car because the license plate didn’t match the vehicle. Roughly a minute later, Lyoya began to run after he was asked to produce a driver’s license.

Schurr caught him quickly, and the two struggled across a front lawn in the rain before the fatal shot.

This Detroit Free Press article contains the video of the physical altercation and the fatal shot:

734c1948-f86d-40b2-843e-8b6cf85e1af1-Scr
WWW.FREEP.COM

Grand Rapids police officer Christopher Schurr, who fatally shot Patrick Lyoya on April 4, has been charged with one count of second-degree murder

If I were a big city liberal mayor I’d make a big, public stink about how “we’re not going to defund the police but any officer with white supremacist tattoos or gear will be fired on the spot for cause” and see the cops throw a big stink about it. There’s several infamous cops here in Richmond with such tattoos and was documented during 2020. They’re still employed by the city. 

but I’m also of the opinion that most mayors have had their life at least implicitly threatened by the cops that supposedly work for them so who knows 

It took two fucking years, but the cops are…retracting an obviously false post on twitter

Wow what a gesture of goodwill, right? No it’s because of a federal lawsuit. 

this is the case where there was a ton of people on their knees near a confederate monument with their hands up and before the mayor imposed curfew that the police launched an absolute fuck load of tear gas

this is justice :rolleyes:

I figured this was as good a place as any to remind folks that cops are dumb.

hand-fentanyl.jpg
DEFECTOR.COM

Ryan Feldman was holding an IV bag when it happened. Something ripped when he pulled the line out and almost an entire bag, with 950 micrograms of liquid inside, spilled and doused his hand in fentanyl. “I...

On 6/28/2022 at 4:31 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

That is scary to watch. Like something out of a horror movie. The guys body is broken and they just hoist him around thinking he's drunk or high. 

29copvan-1-facebookJumbo-v2.jpg
WWW.GOOGLE.COM

Randy Cox, 36, was being transported in a police van without a seatbelt when it came to a sudden stop on June 19. He is now in the hospital on a ventilator.

14 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

That is scary to watch. Like something out of a horror movie. The guys body is broken and they just hoist him around thinking he's drunk or high. 

29copvan-1-facebookJumbo-v2.jpg
WWW.GOOGLE.COM

Randy Cox, 36, was being transported in a police van without a seatbelt when it came to a sudden stop on June 19. He is now in the hospital on a ventilator.

That's how Freddie Gray was murdered and if we learned anything from that cops can always just "oops" on a seatbelt and fully get away with it.