~*The Official Thread of Hero Cop Valor and Bravery*~

14 hours ago, Jason said:

What disingenuous nonsense from our former board member.

To the best of my knowledge, we're not looking for the police to not be involved in the preventing/investigation of violent criminal activity.  We're looking for the police to not be involved in situations where an armed agent of the state serves no real purpose: traffic violations, domestic situations mental health situations, relatively petty crimes, etc.  If anything, such an approach will enable the police to focus more resources on those violent/serious crimes and maybe -- just, maybe -- ACTUALLY SOLVE those cases.

Which they currently SURE AS HELL DON'T!

6 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Is "criminology" even a REAL academic discipline to begin with?

It is real in the sense that such a degree can be acquired from a properly accredited university, but not real in the sense that it is nothing more than a way to provide justification for the police industrial complex.

9 minutes ago, Brick said:

I do not recognize that username. I barely even know who Michael Tracey is actually other than a few times I've seen people criticizing something he's said, and that he's a right wing loser. 

Went from left wing crank (kucinich) to normie lib (Obama) to regular appearances on Fox News

A well trod path to be sure

3500.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

François Vérove took his own life and mentioned crimes in suicide note after being called in for questioning

A retired police officer has been identified as the serial killer behind a spate of murders and rapes in and around Paris in the 1980s and 1990s, in which he used his police card, handcuffs and professional restraint techniques to stop young women and girls, but eluded capture for decades until he took his life this week.

In one of the biggest cold-case reviews in the history of the Paris police, investigators had been seeking DNA evidence to identify the notorious serial killer and rapist known as the “pockmarked man” who had avoided capture for 35 years.

This comes on the day after a British cop was sentenced to a "whole life" term (a rarity in the UK judicial system) for the abduction, rape, and murder of a young woman:

_120748216_saraheverardhoriz.jpg
WWW.BBC.COM

Sentencing Wayne Couzens to a whole-life term, the judge said he had eroded confidence in the police.

9 minutes ago, Chadatog said:

Didn't Brazil also get a lot of notoriety for tricking a dating app.  Had an article written up about him.  Perhaps not twitter famous but more notorious

He got an article about that but I don't think anyone but us really remembers it.