~*The Official Thread of Hero Cop Valor and Bravery*~

38 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

If I'm reading it right, they purposely detonated the devices? With all the bullshit rules and regulations in this world, they are allowed to detonate explosives in the middle of a neighborhood?

If the experts believe the IEDs would be too unstable to be transported safely I imagine that's what they have to do. 

For anyone interested, this youtube/twitch channel rules -  puts a spotlight on police interactions with the public, frequently covering stuff that doesn't make headlines with added breakdown/analysis to help boost constitutional awareness in interactions with cops:

An off duty middle school resource officer in street clothes saw a few teenagers driving too fast and decided to follow them in his personal pickup truck. When the teens got to the parking lot of Wicked Good Pizza, the officer got out of his truck and approached the kids with his gun drawn. When the kids didn't immediately get out of their car for this random crazy guy with a gun, he began to fire at them, striking the driver in the arm. Thankfully that was the only injury.

Amazingly, the officer has now been charged with four felony counts.

3e5071b0da24f5cdf719d6433adb37bb.jpg
WWW.THEROOT.COM

This isn't your average racist cop story. This time, justice was served immediately. And by 'justice' I mean 'hands.'

ee90aae6-012d-4ed6-aab6-65649fa8b621-lar
KTUL.COM

ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY (WBFF) — A Baltimore City police officer arrested in the Curtis Bay neighborhood of Baltimore tried to grab the gun of an Anne Arundel County police officer trying to arrest him after officers found his stepson dead inside a bedroom wall, according to charging documents. Anne Arundel County police arrested Baltimore City Police Officer Eric Banks on July 6, 2021.

11 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

This is some blatant-ass copaganda right here :rofl:

210708-louisville-police-rescue-jm-2343.
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

The girl was not harmed in the July 2 incident in Louisville. The suspect has been charged with kidnapping.

Oh, so NOW the bodycams work, huh?

How is this copaganda?

20 minutes ago, Jason said:
El-Monte.jpg?w=1280
KTLA.COM

A police detective in a Los Angeles suburb was named officer of the year for 2020 by his union even though he did not work that year because he had been placed on administrative...

Imagine being so bad at your job that it results in a 2yo being abused for a year, but the end result is a 19 month, fully paid sabbatical and you come back too an employee of the year award.

SGT-L-EMPOA-0718-01.jpg?w=640
WWW.SGVTRIBUNE.COM

Detective Carlos Molina was placed on administrative leave for 19 months while the city investigated his handling of a yearlong child abuse investigation that went nowhere.

Has me thinking I need to become a cop and then just beat up colored people, but like not enough to get fired, but enough that I just get put on paid leave for like 6 months out of the year. Maybe like hit a baby once accidentally on purpose, you might be able to get a year of paid leave out of that while it goes to trial.

Think of all the activities I could do during all that paid leave. I could, like, learn to paint.

1626896784815-gettyimages-1232352925.jpe
WWW.VICE.COM

Prosecutors in Chicago are being forced to withdraw evidence generated by the technology, which led to the police killing of 13-year-old Adam Toledo earlier this year.

Big surprise - police are manually altering the gunfire location data collected by shotspotter in order to match it up with suspects they want to incriminate.

• Guillotine 1

Tampa Sheriff's Office is now sending "acceptance letters" to those enrolled in their pre-crime initiative.

Last year the Tampa Bay Times found out that the Sheriff's Office creates a list of people they consider likely to break the law based on "criminal histories, social networks and other unspecified intelligence." The agency then sends deputies to their homes "at all hours of the day and night, writing tickets for violations like overgrown grass and making arrests for any reason they could find." As of last year, they'd arrested 1000 people on this program, ~10% of them being 18 or younger.

Four targets and relatives of targets are now suing the office in federal court. Hopefully this incredibly dystopian program will get shut down.

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I wonder what the NYC subway farebox recovery $ and % is, and how much they spend on policing for fare evasion (and related settlements for abuse)

Last I saw, they are losing money, before any lawsuits are taken into account, but it's mostly about punishing the poor, so it's worth the cost.

• Guillotine 1