~*The Official Thread of Hero Cop Valor and Bravery*~

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

You've never been evenhanded when discussing this topic. 

And "pretty lady?" Really? Could you try not to be a condescending chauvinist and just talk to me like a normal person?

I post one article  of positivity and you accuse me of sucking cops off.  Let’s not pretend you started the conversation civilly. 

9 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Considering the entire history of the board was effectively lost, I can't be too specific. But everyone who has posted with you for years knows your stance. 

Yeah...the thing is...my stance has always been the same...

1. no rush to judgement and wait until all the facts come out first and then we can dig into the problem.

2. Offer my thoughts after having been through the training and experience based on current laws

3. Offer solutions based on my experience.

Every conversation here has framed me as a Police Sympathizer Extremist...in order to win the debate.  That’s why off the top of your head you nor Jason can think of a couple of good examples of me specifically defending a bad cops actions from beginning to end.

7 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

He claimed to have once worked for the NYPD but that could have been a lie too

See....here’s a perfect example.

I never claimed that.   I was an Metroplitan Police Dept Officer (MPD). Never have I worked for NYPD.  I never made any claim to that effect.   I will gladly verify that.  

This here is the problem.....people are mis remembering things about my posts....so in threads where I played the middle ground....people just remember it as me being pro to their con and critical thinking has gone out the window

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

It's hard to be liked when you proudly admit to murdering a dog because it's owner let it get into your yard and take a dump.

You’ll be happy to know that was fake news.   There was like a 12 page thread about it a couple years ago.  

I lied. I admitted it....I got a lot of  deserved flak for it back then.  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Alpha1Cowboy said:

You’ll be happy to know that was fake news.   There was like a 12 page thread about it a couple years ago.  

I lied. I admitted it....I got a lot of  deserved flak for it back then.  

"I was just joking bro." 

seh6p.gif

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

You made up the story? That seems even more idiotic. :facepalm:

Oh, the dog and the situation we were in was real enough. I posted the video way back when of it back in 2011  in the original thread...but yeah...I didn’t kill it.   

I just really dislike people in my neighborhood who have violent dogs and don’t take care of them at all..and we have a lot of them.  

But yeah...it’s been a couple years since I came clean with that.  Surprised you missed it...it was a pretty big thread

3 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

The liar is mad that I said he worked at nypd instead of a different police department.  He’s probably lying about that too.

No.  I’m mad that you told a lie and then when I offered good faith proof of the fact you got mad.

I lied.  I admitted it. I got a 12 page thread spanking for it years ago.

What’s your excuse?

9 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

JFC. No wonder people don't like you.

Sorry...I didn’t realize this was High School and a popularity contest.  

I came in here and posted a positive story about Policing to help balance the narrative.  You want better Policing...I want better policing.  I don’t want this place to become filled with group think.  I really dislike group think because it influences people negatively.

You want a thread just dedicated to all the miserable shit bad police do so we just keep stacking on that impression and reinforcing it....have it.

Positive change is what I’m interested in. 

18 minutes ago, Alpha1Cowboy said:

No.  I’m mad that you told a lie and then when I offered good faith proof of the fact you got mad.

I lied.  I admitted it. I got a 12 page thread spanking for it years ago.

What’s your excuse?

"I finally got so sick of being called a dog murderer that I decided it would be less bad if people believed I was stupid enough to make up a story about murdering a dog."

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

"I finally got so sick of being called a dog murderer that I decided it would be less if people believed I was stupid enough to make up a story about murdering a dog."

As I recall the whole thing came about after I got doxxed by who I always assumed to be byklova. It’s been a couple years...but you were in the thread. 

4 minutes ago, Alpha1Cowboy said:

Sorry...I didn’t realize this was High School and a popularity contest.  

I came in here and posted a positive story about Policing to help balance the narrative.  You want better Policing...I want better policing.  I don’t want this place to become filled with group think.  I really dislike group think because it influences people negatively.

You want a thread just dedicated to all the miserable shit bad police do so we just keep stacking on that impression and reinforcing it....have it.

I merely pointed out that the police won't really be rehabilitated until they stop shooting innocent people and being shitbags. You can post all the little cutesy articles you want, but until the system really makes real changes to fix the major problems, the police are going to continue to be viewed poorly.

8 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I merely pointed out that the police won't really be rehabilitated until they stop shooting innocent people and being shitbags. You can post all the little cutesy articles you want, but until the system really makes real changes to fix the major problems, the police are going to continue to be viewed poorly.

It’s a self repeating cycle..the more poorly Police are viewed among liberals...the less liberals will join and they end up scraping the shit barrels just to fill the rosters.

I’m not saying you’re wrong...I’m saying it’s gonna take a multi part solution.

20 hours ago, Alpha1Cowboy said:

It’s a self repeating cycle..the more poorly Police are viewed among liberals...the less liberals will join and they end up scraping the shit barrels just to fill the rosters.

I’m not saying you’re wrong...I’m saying it’s gonna take a multi part solution.

Good policing shouldn't depend on the politics or educations of the people who go into it. Regardless of who goes in, police training and education should make every police officer at least equally capable at a baseline to do their jobs well. That's the problem with cops, in part - terrible training where "shoot first" and "freak out" are first responses.

Also, I think it's dangerous to push a narrative that you're trying to "balance" things. There is a difference between neutrality and objectivity, and you are pushing for neutrality, implying that all sides of an issue are equal. This is not always the case. 

You can post positive cop stories if you want of course (in a thread, I should note, that is meant to mock cops in the title because obviously we're only posting bad things in the thread itself). But let's not pretend that there are equal sides to this issue. Of course there are cops that do good things every day - that's their fucking job. We should never hear about cops except the good things they do. It's part of the job: to protect and serve. Did you find a story where they protected and served us? AMAZING. :p The fact that good news stories about cops aren't the only news stories we hear all the time indicates how deep the problem runs, and how distrustful of cops so many people are. 

Of course I am happy when cops do their job and it's not an easy job in the least and hooray for cops but there is a sickening underbelly amongst cops in this country, a cancer, and we should beat that drum hard and loud until something is done about it. Please don't try to "show the other side". That's a false equivalency. The blue brotherhood is fucked up right now in many parts of the country, a lot of people aren't happy about it, and "more liberals as cops" is a terrible and hilarious solution. 

The solution is complex, and the only group think hurting anyone on this issue is the group think of the cops themselves.