Epic announces NFL skins for Fortnite

Commissar SFLUFAN

1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

Is Fortnite still the biggest thing in the world? 

Seems like maybe COD stole a LITTLE thunder. 

They broke 3 million viewers on twitch and youtube combined yesterday during their in-game event. 

https://www.twingalaxies.com/feed_details.php/3641/fortnite-cube-event-drew-over-3-million-viewers-across-twitch-and-youtube

1 hour ago, SFLUFAN said:

So def still the biggest game on the planet by a wide margin, but COD is doin alright. 

I just did not see the Fortnite stuff coming. I loudly scoffed and it and totally ate crow. 

I still think the game kinda sucks. I’ll stubbornly hold on to the idea that the major reason it does so well is because it’s free and it’s huge with the middle school - high school crowd. 

5 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

I still think the game kinda sucks. I’ll stubbornly hold on to the idea that the major reason it does so well is because it’s free and it’s huge with the middle school - high school crowd. 

I play the shit out of Fortnite.  I don't know what it is.  It's just fun.  It's still buggy, still a little janky, but just plain old fun.  I don't care if I win (I'm bad, and that's OK) I'm just having a good time jumping around shooting at people and making things explode.  I got burnt out on "serious"/military shooters (Your Battlefields, Rainbow 6's, etc.).  I grew up on twitch-shooters (Quake, Tribes, Unreal..).  I wanted something light and I think Fornite scratches that twitch-shooter itch for me that TF2 used to do.   Maybe it's the genre nostalgia, or maybe it's the intermittent reward reinforcement model they use.  But either way I haven't had this much fun playing an online shooter in years.

12 hours ago, Slug said:

I play the shit out of Fortnite.  I don't know what it is.  It's just fun.  It's still buggy, still a little janky, but just plain old fun.  I don't care if I win (I'm bad, and that's OK) I'm just having a good time jumping around shooting at people and making things explode.  I got burnt out on "serious"/military shooters (Your Battlefields, Rainbow 6's, etc.).  I grew up on twitch-shooters (Quake, Tribes, Unreal..).  I wanted something light and I think Fornite scratches that twitch-shooter itch for me that TF2 used to do.   Maybe it's the genre nostalgia, or maybe it's the intermittent reward reinforcement model they use.  But either way I haven't had this much fun playing an online shooter in years.

Same here. It’s so damn fun especially once you get the hang of it.