X018: The Official Thread

Mr.Vic20

Don't really get the InXile acquisition?

Obsidian I get because they wanted to be acquired. That's a good get and one that benefits Obsidian considering their money issues. Normally, I wouldn't want a studio like that to be purchased when it doesn't really have a long history with the developer, but considering their issues, it's probably best for them to be part of a Big Three company.

4 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I take it there still is no Fable 4 announcement. 

....or a fucking wireless mic!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

My biggest fucking pet peeve in regards to the Xbox. 

Ive tried so many wired and wireless headsets and they are all ridiculously low. I had to max the volume on every one and it was barely loud enough. Returned every set. and no wireless mic

i never had this problem with the 360 and the ps gold headset for PS4 is amazing. 

44 minutes ago, atom631 said:

My biggest fucking pet peeve in regards to the Xbox. 

Ive tried so many wired and wireless headsets and they are all ridiculously low. I had to max the volume on every one and it was barely loud enough. Returned every set. and no wireless mic

i never had this problem with the 360 and the ps gold headset for PS4 is amazing. 

For loud volume you will need to get a wireless headset that doesn't plug into the controller. The controller doesn't output enough juice to crank it with out an amp. I recommend the Rigs800LX, Razer Threshers, Turtle Beach 600/700 or Astro A40/50. Pretty much anything with a battery to power it up. 

14 minutes ago, Dre801 said:

Wouldn't MS have to buy the Alpha Protocol IP from Sega first?  I thought they owned it?  I'd be down for a second game.

I’m not sure exactly who owns it, but it’s not like the actual brand matters too much. They just need to make a game exactly like it (but more polished of course)!

7 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

Obsidian AND inXile?!?!

I guess the Xbox is gonna be the "RPG machine" now.

The PC already became the "RPG machine" this gen.  I don't see any reason why that would change.

After this news, console-only gamers will bicker even more about WRPGs vs JRPGs in the future.   PC gamers will continue to have the best of both, at their best.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

2018 and we're STILL doing this lame ass PC vs Console bullshit? :lol::|

Nothing I said would have been relevant, or true, at the start of this gen.

I'm not coming at this from some old, tired 'master-race' perspective.  The difference today is that Japan started giving a shit about the PC.  That was a paradigm shift in how to view the "RPG machine" idea SFLUFAN brought up.  We're closer to it today than ever before.  He just got the platform wrong.

(... I'd love for that to change.  Every retail RPG today that isn't 1st party published should be PS/XB/PC.  PC would still get many indie RPGs first, Microsoft's funding would amp up Obsidian/inExile, Sony and Nintendo would fund more RPGs as their own exclusives.  That's my ideal.  It's how most other genres already work.)

9 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

2018 and we're STILL doing this lame ass PC vs Console bullshit? :lol::|

Back on topic: For those that saw it, did Crackdown look good?

They kept the destruction which I honestly thought they gave up on. I only saw the multiplayer, idk know if they showed mp or not. Because if the development history I haven’t been expecting much, but it actually looked fun!

46 minutes ago, stepee said:

They kept the destruction which I honestly thought they gave up on. I only saw the multiplayer, idk know if they showed mp or not. Because if the development history I haven’t been expecting much, but it actually looked fun!

I think they only showed MP. Game does look to be fun. But hopefully the offline stuff looks just as good.

In regard to Crackdown 3 -

It looks okay.  This mode they are showcasing seems to basically be 5 v 5 Team Deathmatch with destruction.    Its not the Full City or even a portion of the city as a map, they have specific multiplayer maps, which seem to have even more dumbed down graphics.  It looks okay, but not really what I was expecting based off initial "teases"  It still a game looking forward too, but with so many games doing so many things so well, I hope it feels like it can compete with some of the more recent titles.