X018: The Official Thread

Mr.Vic20

Image result for x018

Date: Saturday, Nov. 10th

Times: 1pm PST/4pm EST

Duration: 2 hours

Office website: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/X018

How to watch: Mixer app (available on Xbox/PC/Mac/iOS/Android)

HYPE!!!

There will be a special two hour long Inside Xbox live stream during the event, where you can expect major "E3-level" announcements. Spencer noted that previously at X0, Microsoft announced the acquisition of Rare. Acquisitions indeed...

RUMORS!

Rocksteady to announce, MOAR BATMAN!

Splinter Cell, Finally?

Something Banjo Kazooie?

Gears, Fable, Halo, oh my!

• Like 1

Predictions:

- New OG Xbox back compat titles. It's been a while since the last ones.

- Maybe some Battletoads teaser footage, not just a logo.

- Major Nelson will make at least three people uncomfortable during an interview.

- Crackdown 3 will have a battle royale mode. In retrospect its why they delayed it again.

- Hellblade, Cuphead, and Ori and the Blind Forest coming to Game Pass.

21 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

I'd love it if we got Spider-Man sometime next year!? Sort of how Xbox had Tomb Raider "exclusive" for a year. A new Rocksteady and a Splinter Cell announcement alone would be well worth the time spent!

Why would Sony release the game on X-box?

Insomniac Games has explained why the game is not being released on PC and Xbox One, after fans wanted to know why the game is not on multiplatform. On being questioned by fans, the developer took to Twitter to say that Spider-man is a Marvel property and Sony "doesn't do" multiplatform games.

https://www.ibtimes.co.in/spider-man-game-developer-explains-why-it-ps4-exclusive-684505

1 hour ago, SoberChef said:

I'd love it if we got Spider-Man sometime next year!? Sort of how Xbox had Tomb Raider "exclusive" for a year. A new Rocksteady and a Splinter Cell announcement alone would be well worth the time spent!

It's a Sony Exclusive... it ain't coming to Xbox or PC. Sony owns the rights to the character for video games I believe.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It's a Sony Exclusive... it ain't coming to Xbox or PC. Sony owns the rights to the character for video games I believe.

I believe Marvel has the rights to the character for video games but they worked with Sony to get this game made. Which is why Spider-Man has been in other recent games and wasn't exclusive. For example the Lego games and Spider-Man Shattered Universe.

6 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

I believe Marvel has the rights to the character for video games but they worked with Sony to get this game made. Which is why Spider-Man has been in other recent games and wasn't exclusive. For example the Lego games and Spider-Man Shattered Universe.

So Microsoft just needs to pony up the money to get a MARVEL presents Spider-Man for Xbox.

9 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

They would have to offer a ton of money to Marvel to decide to end the partnership with Sony who has the film rights to Spider-Man.

I believe Sony only owns the film rights to Spider-man, a game featuring him is definitely possible on another platform. That other Spider-man game is on XBO.

The Spider-man game on PS4 was published by Sony, so its exclusive.

Marvel approached Sony with the option to do any superhero they wanted and they chose Spidey because they felt he was a perfect fit and yadda yadda but you know Sony did it to strengthen the property so they could profit from more of their shitty movies.

23 minutes ago, number305 said:

I'm interested enough to keep an eye on it.  

Interested to see if Crackdown can still be anything at all.  Battletoads could be a great first party asset if they treat it right.  Ori will be great.  I have faith that Ninja Theory will do something good.  

Ninja Theory is making Battletoads. Calling it now.