The Kavanaugh Confirmation Charade Thread

6 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

It's going to be crazy hard for anyone in the Facebook/Twitter generation to run for hight office in the coming decades, because of all of the embarrassing stuff they've posted o ER the years.  Hell, I sometimes think "why the hell would I post that?" As Facebook reminds me of a post I made just a few years ago.

People keep saying that, and I've been waiting for this turn for so long that at this point I'm confident that it's just not going to happen.  I mean we've got this dipshit who almost certainly will make it to the Supreme Court, Roy Moore who came within a hair's breadth of becoming a senator when he has a known history of chasing teenage girls, and a man with a long well documented history of being a piece of shit is the god damned president.  

7 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

It's going to be crazy hard for anyone in the Facebook/Twitter generation to run for hight office in the coming decades, because of all of the embarrassing stuff they've posted o ER the years.  Hell, I sometimes think "why the hell would I post that?" As Facebook reminds me of a post I made just a few years ago.

Dude, our president posted embarrassing shit as an adult.

I think the "Facebook/Twitter generation" will be fine.

• Sad 1

Word was that earlier this week Trump was held in check by Senate Republicans basically saying, "Please just stay out of this. We'll get him through, you get a win. Everybody's happy, ok?"

I wonder if this outburst signals that someone informed Trump that the nom is, in fact, in trouble and a plan B might be a good idea.

What we're seeing may be Trump saying "Fuck it I'll do it myself" and going back to his old playbook of attack, deny everything, and then attack some more.

I just thought of something if and when Trump is subpoenaed for either the Mueller investigation or a future congressional inquiry he can just say "I do not recall" for every answer and it would be completely believable, his incompetence will be his greatest defense.  

6 minutes ago, elbobo said:

I just thought of something if and when Trump is subpoenaed for either the Mueller investigation or a future congressional inquiry he can just say "I do not recall" for every answer and it would be completely believable, his incompetence will be his greatest defense.  

Trump can't recall saying he has one of the world's best memories

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I wish Trump would just fucking drop dead of a stroke or heart attack every day.

I've never despised a public figure so much.

I am against the death penalty because I believe that people can't be trusted to investigate and prosecute crimes fairly and accurately, and killing someone is the ultimate irrevocable act. Having said that, I also firmly believe that the world would be far better off with many people dead. Trump is one of them.

Is there a human on this planet with less empathy and basic human dignity than Donald Trump?

We need to find a 7 foot tall man who weighs like 400 lbs to force trump onto a bed and put his hand over his mouth and try to get his clothes off... see how glib he is about stuff like this after he goes through something similar.

Some assorted speculation that the GOP may think Kavanaugh is in more trouble than they are letting on.

Two things are happening here: McConnell is trying to paint Kavanaugh's confirmation as a foregone conclusion; and he's sending the signal to Dr. Blasey Ford that testifying would just be an exercise in futility. Here's someone who knows a little something about McConnell and his tactics—former Deputy Chief of Staff to Democratic Leader Harry Reid

Screen_Shot_2018-09-21_at_12.01.31_PM.pn

I am someone who thought stopping Kavanaugh was somewhere in the 5% range, but I think some real cracks are showing.

In any other sane administration this guy would be gone by now. If not for the most rudimentary display of shame or a bare minimum of human decency than because dropping him now would be the smart move. Just replace him. But Trump(and to a lesser extent the GOP in general) have become the "fuck the libs to spite my face" party. So replacing him, even if it's the smart move, is just anathema to Trump and his base whose first impulse is to be as grotesque as possible.

33 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'm reading this now and I've got to take a break. My blood is boiling. 

There is so much wrong with what happened, but I get especially angry when adults not only do nothing but actively protect the people who harm a child. And this lady knew what she was doing, going so far as to wash some of the evidence of the rape. Ugh, making me made just thinking about it.

3 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I wish Trump would just fucking drop dead of a stroke or heart attack every day.

I've never despised a public figure so much.

I feel this way all the time, but death is too good for Donald Trump, especially from something like a stroke or heart attack.

I've said this repeatedly, I want him winning the Presidency to be the thing that ruins him. I want all his children to end up broke and destitute after his presidency taints the Trump name forever, I want them to die before him. I want him to be in the same room when his children die in front of him. I want him to end up like Michael Corleone at the end of that fan fiction movie Godfather 3, where Michael is sitting alone with nothing but a dog for company, knowing everyone around him suffered for his crimes.

Or, someone could just tell John Hinkley that Jodie Foster is ready to be impressed again.