The Kavanaugh Confirmation Charade Thread

56 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Sooooo the president of some conservative group basically created a thread on twitter with maps and pictures to say it was actually Kavanaugh's friend that tried to rape her and shes just confused...

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

And this was retweeted by both Jake Tapper and Maggie Haberman as a "wow this is irresponsible" before deleting their own tweets. They followed up with "it's irresponsible to do this, which is why I won't amplify it."

1 minute ago, JohnnyPhatsaqs said:

Where’s the Keith Ellison thread?  I mean since all this is about respecting women. 

We've talked about it already on the board, but are you another Republican whose response when a Republican, a nominee for a lifetime appointment of the most powerful court in America, is accused of date rape is to go, "bUt ThE dEmOcRaTs!"

Asking for a friend.

Just now, JohnnyPhatsaqs said:

Yeah sure. Because it’s bullshit. 

I do agree that your bad attempt at deflection is bullshit, but we're talking about the current nominee to SCOTUS which is kind of news right now, and I think we can do better with a judge than a judge who commits perjury and date rapes, ya? 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/20/us/politics/brett-kavanaugh-christine-blasey.html

The woman who has accused Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh of sexual assault is prepared to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee next week, so long as senators offer “terms that are fair and which ensure her safety,” her lawyer told the committee on Thursday.

The woman, Christine Blasey Ford, ruled out Monday as a possibility, but also appeared to leave the door open to testifying even if the F.B.I. does not investigate her accusations, as she had previously requested. The surprise offer was the latest twist in an on-again, off-again negotiation between Dr. Blasey and Senate Republicans, who have scheduled a hearing for Monday and set Friday as a deadline for Dr. Blasey to tell them whether she would attend.

“She wishes to testify, provided that we can agree on terms that are fair and which ensure her safety. A hearing on Monday is not possible, and the committee’s insistence that it occur then is arbitrary in any event,” wrote the lawyer, Debra S. Katz, adding, “Her strong preference continues to be for the Senate Judiciary Committee to allow for a full investigation prior to her testimony.”

He didn’t rape anyone. He somehow has made it through all kinds of investigations yet this just happens to pop up. And you’re willing to just say yup, rapist. No facts. No evidence. No nothing. Just an accusation from a leftist. They had this shit since July and it never comes up till last week. Yeah, sorry. It’s trumped up bullshit. 

So yeah I bring up Ellison because I hear ZERO from the left about him other than they don’t believe the victim. Whatever. 

• Guillotine 1

7 minutes ago, JohnnyPhatsaqs said:

That coming from a democrat is hilarious and completely lacking self awareness 

:duckhuntdog: 

Sorry its just funny this has been going on all week, and not a peep, but as soon as Fox, Blaze, ect.. chime in "WHATABOUT ELLISON GAIZ"? The answer by the way is he'll get his in time, if the accusations are true, no one is trying to push him into a lifetime position of power next week though.

14 minutes ago, JohnnyPhatsaqs said:

He didn’t rape anyone. He somehow has made it through all kinds of investigations yet this just happens to pop up. And you’re willing to just say yup, rapist. No facts. No evidence. No nothing. Just an accusation from a leftist. They had this shit since July and it never comes up till last week. Yeah, sorry. It’s trumped up bullshit. 

So yeah I bring up Ellison because I hear ZERO from the left about him other than they don’t believe the victim. Whatever. 

What he did was attempted date rape, and you're dismissing both the investigative reporting, the therapy notes and the fact that the witness is calling for an investigation and brought up another witness who was there. You bring up others because you're incapable of defending Kavanaugh by himself. As many Republicans do, you can only deflect. "BuT tHe DeMoNRATS!"

I'm pretty sure Kavanaugh could have grabbed your balls and you'd be OK with it if you can get Roe v Wade overturned.

13 minutes ago, JohnnyPhatsaqs said:

That coming from a democrat is hilarious and completely lacking self awareness 

"I know you are, but what am I?"

14 minutes ago, JohnnyPhatsaqs said:

God, you're awful. I mean, I read your posts and my stomach just turns.

51 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Look, it's pretty clear that until we can round up every rapist and person guilty of sexual assault and launch them into the sun that it's just plain hypocrisy to NOT elect one to the Supreme Court.  Duh.  

It's going to be crazy hard for anyone in the Facebook/Twitter generation to run for hight office in the coming decades, because of all of the embarrassing stuff they've posted o ER the years.  Hell, I sometimes think "why the hell would I post that?" As Facebook reminds me of a post I made just a few years ago.

6 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

It's going to be crazy hard for anyone in the Facebook/Twitter generation to run for hight office in the coming decades, because of all of the embarrassing stuff they've posted o ER the years.  Hell, I sometimes think "why the hell would I post that?" As Facebook reminds me of a post I made just a few years ago.

It is going to be horrible, "Mr nominee how do your explain your liking of such and such a tweet when you are 16, don't you know that person said something rather terrible 3 years later, is this the kind of person you associate with"