The Kavanaugh Confirmation Charade Thread

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

I am 100% in favour of the next democratic president increasing the court size to 11 or 13 and stacking it in order to deal with this.

Congress would have to change the court size.

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

This man will be a stain on America until he dies on the bench. I think this will be Trump's worst action he has taken, taken only because Kavanaugh is just like Trump - unhinged, privileged, and self-righteous.

Even worse than letting nearly 3000 people die in Puerto Rico and then denying it?

Totally true. He's not a lawyer or judge because he's interested in law or because he even likes the money - it's so that he can further progress a regressive social and economic agenda.

I mean, the US had a decent run, right? Because how does it recover from this? This will be the new standard for SCOTUS justice. Why even pick anyone with any actual experience next time? Just appoint a person with the absolute minimum legally-required experience who has been given that experience with the sole purpose of being appointed in the future to progress your own political goals.

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

Totally true. He's not a lawyer or judge because he's interested in law or because he even likes the money - it's so that he can further progress a regressive social and economic agenda.

This was clear from his confirmation hearings at the beginning of the month.

Back to this calendar, eh?

This calendar proves nothing. Why do they keep coming back to it?

I mean, I know that nothing here is provable at all, but this calendar stuff is pure nonsense...

AND ANYWHO, it almost proves the exact opposite....

"We didn't party or drink beer on week days."

"Ok, let's talk about this entry right here where you document a social get together on a week night drinking beer, an entry that includes a name that your alleged victim provided before she saw this calendar."

"This clearly helps prove that I'm innocent..."

okay...

I mean, at this point is there any point in even pretending that the rules matter, for either side? Is there a single argument that the Democrats (when they next take Congress + Presidency) shouldn't stack the court? The only one I can think of is "then the GOP will do it, and eventually SCOTUS will have 500 seats!" But this has made it clear that the GOP would do that anyway if the Democrats had an advantage on the court.

So at this point, is there any point even trying to preserve the laws and functioning government of the US?

Just now, RedSoxFan9 said:

Democrats are pussies and won’t try to stack the court unless Republicans do it first. 

Is there any way this ends except in the US becoming a right-wing autocracy with a non-functioning liberal "opposition" that is legally prevented from taking power, like Russia? Because I can't see a way out, besides violence.

Just now, Chairslinger said:

The night Trump wins his second term.

And there's no way that liberals ever beat conservatives in violence in internal struggles. The only people on the left who have ever had success at this are the communists, and the US doesn't have a strong base of that. So I guess even violence won't save the US.