The Kavanaugh Confirmation Charade Thread

It's not surprising Trump is shocked that Ford appears credible. All previous evidence that makes her clearly credible appeared in things Trump would have to have read - this, he can watch, so for him, this is the first time ever he's really confronting how much evidence there really is to corroborate Ford's account of things.

It really may be as simple as he's finally dealing with it directly since we know he doesn't read. 

I don't think Trump will pull the nom because that is just too awkward for him and his past. At least with Moore the voters made the final decision.  How does Donald Trump personally tell his SCOTUS pick that his past transgressions with women disqualify him for a position of power?

So either Brett steps aside(I think this is a possibility) or Collins gets to do for the GOP what McCain did during the healthcare fight; save them from themselves with a no vote.

As a sidenote, a bit of a consolation prize that Kennedy left thinks like Obergefell and Texas v. out to dry get get his buddy a job and this is the result. Enjoy your retirement, Anthony.

23 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

It's not surprising Trump is shocked that Ford appears credible. All previous evidence that makes her clearly credible appeared in things Trump would have to have read - this, he can watch, so for him, this is the first time ever he's really confronting how much evidence there really is to corroborate Ford's account of things.

It really may be as simple as he's finally dealing with it directly since we know he doesn't read. 

This happens a lot with the GOP.

They are so good at spin and propaganda that when it actually  comes time to have a substantive debate/trial/hearing where they can't just Gish Gallop their way out of things the distance between reality and right wing reality becomes apparent and jarring.

It's likely why they are so focused on taking over the judiciary. Despite its flaws, it remains the venue most resistant to rhetoric over substance. And they fucking hate that.

Reading conservative comments and quips about this on twitter, comment sections and message boards is downright sickening.

Overtime I question my own beliefs and biases, all I have to do is dip my toes into the collective thought stream of the other side and I quickly realize just how fucking morally bankrupt many of these people are.

Jesus Christ. It's depressing. Some people have no soul. Just awful Makes me sick to my stomach.

1 minute ago, ort said:

Reading conservative comments and quips about this on twitter, comment sections and message boards is downright sickening.

Overtime I question my own beliefs and biases, all I have to do is dip my toes into the collective thought stream of the other side and I quickly realize just how fucking morally bankrupt many of these people are.

Jesus Christ. It's depressing. Some people have no soul. Just awful Makes me sick to my stomach.

My own mom has been on social media making jokes, trivializing this. It infuriates me. I can't even deal with this right now.