The Kavanaugh Confirmation Charade Thread

Under any sense of decency the GOP would at the very least temporarily suspend the confirmation process until this would be sorted out. I mean we all know they only care about the win, but still.

Why can't they just nominate another right-wing judge who will outlaw abortion and protect the President? Or all they all serial rapists?

Notice that the claims of Avanatti’s client of first hand conduct by Kavanaugh are only the excessive drinking, bring a mean drunk, and the groping/grinding, while the most egregious of conduct (the gang rape trains) is presumed by his client in regards to other alleged victims and at most suggested in regards to her alleged gang rape.

Nice sleight of hand, Avanatti.

52 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Under any sense of decency the GOP would at the very least temporarily suspend the confirmation process until this would be sorted out. I mean we all know they only care about the win, but still.

Why can't they just nominate another right-wing judge who will outlaw abortion and protect the President? Or all they all serial rapists?

Because it's too late - they were trying to get the nomination in before Supreme Court term starts in October. We're gonna get a lot of 4/4 decisions as a result (a good thing vs. Kavanaugh getting confirmed). And then Dems may control the Senate after that. They fucked themselves, hence sticking to Kavanaugh. 

20 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Because it's too late - they were trying to get the nomination in before Supreme Court term ends in October. We're gonna get a lot of 4/4 decisions as a result (a good thing vs. Kavanaugh getting confirmed). And then Dems may control the Senate after that. They fucked themselves, hence sticking to Kavanaugh. 

Before the term starts, you mean? 

44 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Because it's too late - they were trying to get the nomination in before Supreme Court term starts in October. We're gonna get a lot of 4/4 decisions as a result (a good thing vs. Kavanaugh getting confirmed). And then Dems may control the Senate after that. They fucked themselves, hence sticking to Kavanaugh. 

They definitely want Kavanaugh seated for

thr start of the term, and that’s why they are being so persistent. They still have enough time to get another nominee through even if they lose control of the Senate after the midterms, but the clock is ticking on bringing a replacement nominee in.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

Notice that the claims of Avanatti’s client of first hand conduct by Kavanaugh are only the excessive drinking, bring a mean drunk, and the groping/grinding, while the most egregious of conduct (the gang rape trains) is presumed by his client in regards to other alleged victims and at most suggested in regards to her alleged gang rape.

Nice sleight of hand, Avanatti.

Yep. 

I think it would’ve been better if Avenatti just kept his damn mouth shut. 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

I do wonder why they're not just pressing charges in in the relevant state, though, I think DC, VA, and MD all have no statute of limitations for something like this.

@legend To answer my own question, I guess it's on VA and MD that have no statute of limitations for this and not DC. https://www.washingtonian.com/2018/06/27/dc-statute-of-limitations-sexual-abuse-15-years-mary-cheh/