~*Please Support the GoFundMe Campaign for HardAct*~ Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
CitizenVectron

Update: Amazon cancels plans for NYC HQ2 campus

So where exactly could this even go? They'd have to tear down some buildings somewhere, and Potomac yards is too far away and that's about it as far as close vacant areas go. There's a wamta bus depot close to Crystal City but those operations would have to go somewhere too.

I wonder how much the Commonwealth put up for this

29 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

:sick:

At least now you have a pretense to jack up Elmira's rent.

Let’s hope NYC gets it so we can add to the list of reasons that we’ll all be better off when the sea reclaims the city. 

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

Let’s hope NYC gets it so we can add to the list of reasons that we’ll all be better off when the sea reclaims the city. 

Best city in the country in my opinion, possibly the world :shrug:

22 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Best city in the country in my opinion, possibly the world :shrug:

Travel more :p

I mostly kid in a feeble attempt to trigger NYCers here. I love everything about NYC other than driving anywhere near it. 

3 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Travel more :p

I mostly kid in a feeble attempt to trigger NYCers here. I love everything about NYC other than driving anywhere near it. 

I've traveled a bit and have lived an a couple of places around the country... I stand by what I speak :p and it's hard to trigger New Yorkers because they generally don't GAF about what non-New Yorkers think :p

But driving in New York is pretty bad, but surprisingly not as bad as driving in LA... DEAR GOD.

Amazon is going to take over the entirety of Staten Island and claim sovereignty. Bezos wants his own corporate state; the DC location is just the embassy.

I'm 90% sure I could convince some MAGA chuds that is a real conspiracy.

8 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Amazon is going to take over the entirety of Staten Island and claim sovereignty. Bezos wants his own corporate state; the DC location is just the embassy.

I'm 90% sure I could convince some MAGA chuds that is a real conspiracy.

Dan Gilbert is way ahead of Bezos

https://www.metrotimes.com/news-hits/archives/2018/08/20/this-map-shows-all-of-the-detroit-buildings-owned-by-dan-gilbert

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2018/01/detroit-revival-inequality-dan-gilbert-hudsons

Fuck! Property costs already went up in Dallas thanks to the huge Toyota factories built up here. 

We're not hurting for jobs, but we're not all making $100k/year either. It's still not california bad, but property tax and rent is going up quickly. 

38 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Fuck! Property costs already went up in Dallas thanks to the huge Toyota factories built up here. 

We're not hurting for jobs, but we're not all making $100k/year either. It's still not california bad, but property tax and rent is going up quickly. 

This is why California has a fixed property tax and rent control in some areas.

27 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Looks like its gonna be Arlington Virginia and Long Island City... that actually makes sense.

The Crystal City location seems obvious to me but not the LIC one. Just that it's a desirable location that their potential employees would want to move to/near, basically?

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

The Crystal City location seems obvious to me but not the LIC one. Just that it's a desirable location that their potential employees would want to move to/near, basically?

Long Island City traditionally was an industrial area and there's plenty of space for a facility like this. Plus it's close to Manhattan and it already  has a young, qualified workforce. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense.