Update: RIP in Peace, Anthem

skillzdadirecta

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm hopping back on in a little bit after I get some work done. Hopefully I have better luck than yesterday. Strongholds and Quick plays give you th best chances of getting good loot?

I think at this point it’s all a crap shoot.  Nothing seems to be definitively any better than anything else.

I'm hopping back on in a little bit after I get some work done. Hopefully I have better luck than yesterday. Strongholds and Quick plays give you th best chances of getting good loot?

Only after you’ve prayed your heart out to RNGesus. 

• Haha 1

Two Legendary contracts down on GM 2... two MW of the exact same type. That I already had :|

So right now it's pointless to run GM 2?

The drop rate is supposed to be slightly higher, but the difficulty scale makes more sense to just blow through enemies on GM1.  My first GM2 i got a legendary and a couple MWs, but the couple after that were just as you said so i went back to GM1.  Its also not really fun putting an entire 400 round mag in an enemy and them not being dead yet, then they just look in your direction and you have to hide behind a rock.

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Two Legendary contracts down on GM 2... two MW of the exact same type. That I already had :|

So right now it's pointless to run GM 2?

Seems like it. GM2 also seems to have a Luck allergy. 

With my luck build I only got the 1 MW, and half as many drops overall. With my combat build I still only got 1MW, but got almost as many drops as my luck build on GM1. 

Last night ran GM2 Heart of Rage with Skillz and ARZ, pulled a Legendary from a chest, 6 MW and 1 Legendary, so not a bad run.

Did my Legendary Contract this morning and had a brand new objective I've never seen before... not that the gameplay was different. 

If they introduce new World Events and Objectives they also need to incorporate new gameplay elements. 

Make obstacle like courses or time trials for flying... the flying mechanic is done so well but so underused when it comes to objectives...

1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

Last night ran GM2 Heart of Rage with Skillz and ARZ, pulled a Legendary from a chest, 6 MW and 1 Legendary, so not a bad run.

Did my Legendary Contract this morning and had a brand new objective I've never seen before... not that the gameplay was different. 

If they introduce new World Events and Objectives they also need to incorporate new gameplay elements. 

Make obstacle like courses or time trials for flying... the flying mechanic is done so well but so underused when it comes to objectives...

Damn I was thinking the same thing this morning. When we were doing that stronghold last night, I was using my Ranger which was still underpowered without any consumables because you guys started the match so quick :angry: The only thing keeping me alive was my fancy flying and I thought man... they need to play this up more. Might be tough for the Colossus though. That thing flies like a brick :p

I think i'm done with this, and i'm not sure they'll ever get this fixed, the biggest problem i'm running into is that the loot is basically the same through out the game except for the item level, each weapon has 3 types, slow but hits hard, medium fire rate with medium damage, or fast and lower damage, then as masterwork they add a special effect and thats it, and often times its just another stat no real special effect or anything, legendary is the same but with higher base stats and nothing else.  Borderlands 2 was great cause of legendary weapons that did crazy shit, like a shotgun that hit the target and exploded outward with more fragments doing massive damage, or a rocket launcher that launched giant orbs that carpet bombed explosions as it traveled. 

Nevermind the crappy drop rate causing an unending grind of random content and limited stronghold missions that vary wildly in difficulty so everyone is mostly just running tyrant mines over and over.  What compounds this is the lack of skill/talents to boost what items you have gotten, which makes the drop rates and RNG of the loot even more painful.

3 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I think i'm done with this, and i'm not sure they'll ever get this fixed, the biggest problem i'm running into is that the loot is basically the same through out the game except for the item level, each weapon has 3 types, slow but hits hard, medium fire rate with medium damage, or fast and lower damage, then as masterwork they add a special effect and thats it, and often times its just another stat no real special effect or anything, legendary is the same but with higher base stats and nothing else.  Borderlands 2 was great cause of legendary weapons that did crazy shit, like a shotgun that hit the target and exploded outward with more fragments doing massive damage, or a rocket launcher that launched giant orbs that carpet bombed explosions as it traveled.

Nevermind the crappy drop rate causing an unending grind of random content and limited stronghold missions that vary wildly in difficulty so everyone is mostly just running tyrant mines over and over.

the loot issue was my fear during the beta and it held true. legendary gear should be unique in its use and purpose. when you get a legendary drop, you should know instantly that its going to be awesome and different. that you will potentially want to make an entire build around the item. this game just uses the same weapons and adds perks.

the entire loot system in this game is fundamentally broken. from drops to rarity to uniqueness. 

its such a god damn shame bc the world is beautiful and the gameplay is fun as hell.

I agree the entire loot and gear systems need to be rethought.   And even with the appearance of the javelin not being tied to gear, I still feel like having a few slots tied to the suit that could create unique appearances for drops could go a long way as well.

The guns don’t necessarily need to be all that insane if they keep adding more and more gear and abilities as well.  

Borderlands had 1 ability per class, the Guns were that game.  I enjoyed Borderlands a lot and the characters played very unique, but there wasn’t much craziness in their abilities.

Anthem has done a good job with the Javelins and abilities, but need to keep them coming.  Also have unique effects for the Legendary gear.   If you use a Legendary seeker rocket have it set off a gjallahorn type effect or something compared to a regular seeker rocket.   

I still think a lot can and will be improved upon.  The game really feels like it was forced out a year before the devs wanted. 

I just reached level 10. The game is good so far but the framerate seems a bit worse than it was at release. 

The internet keeps telling me The Division 2 is a better alternative but I can't see how that can be since it's a "peekaboo" shooter where your feet are glued to the ground. I'll stick with Anthem for the time being. 

You can tell Division 2 is a sequel that took all their learnings from the original and improved on all those mistakes.   It’s a good looter shooter, but the gameplay is pretty bare thus far.

The enemies do feel a bit more organic and aggressive and do flank smartly almost the times.   

I think Anthem can have a much higher ceiling but it’s gonna take BioWare quite a bit of time to get there. 

Got admit, Anthem has been easier to put down than I thought it would be. For all my bitching about Destiny, that game sucked me in for way too many hours. 

The wait for Act 1 to start with Anthem has been long. I hate when we get a date like “March” and they really meant the end of March. It’s like when something is “Summer” and they mean September. 

The loading in Anthem is still pretty bad. Exacerbated by the limited number of art on the loading screen. Last night I tried to jump into a quick play Strong hold. Long load screen and I got an error connecting to EA servers, and I was back in Fort Tarsis. Tried again. Long loading screen and it errored due to failing to load my pilot info, and I was back to fort Tarsis. Tried again and it loaded into a bugged Stronghold that would not progress. Had to quit out. Finally just selected a specific Stronghold from the map and got to play one. I only got one MW, and it wasn’t one I didn’t have, don’t use, and was otherwise bored with the idea of trying to play anything else because Injad spent five times as long staring at loading screens. 

The loot wouldnt be so much an issue if the server issues and loading were far better than they are, because I could hop from activity to activity much faster. 

I still get on to do my daily stuff, but other than that, I'm fine waiting until they start dropping new content and other things.  I still really enjoy the gameplay but I don't get any sense of progression at this point.

I'd assume they probably had plans to have some content out earlier but with how buggy everything is that's the priority.  Lots of work to do for them for sure.

It was a perfect time for Division 2 to drop.

Just now, PaladinSolo said:

lol, i didn't even know the event was going on and now its over?  Also it was literally just kill 100 predators and the reward was 1000 coins, wow, :dumpster_fire:

Was it? I just saw it on the Events page on their website? I flew to the Northeast part of the map last night to see if I could tell if anything was new, then realized it said Northwest.

Were there just tons of predators spawned all over the place at least?

If these are their ideas of evolving world... ill be really really disappointed.

4 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Was it? I just saw it on the Events page on their website? I flew to the Northeast part of the map last night to see if I could tell if anything was new, then realized it said Northwest.

Were there just tons of predators spawned all over the place at least?

If these are their ideas of evolving world... ill be really really disappointed.

From what i've read it just increased the spawn of predator animals, and i guess it ended yesterday, cause i logged in to see what it was and found nothing, spent an hour and didn't even get a MW.

Edit: Ok, it basically just created a world event where brutes and ursix would spawn, and each event was identical to the rest, as well as increased spawn rates of wolven, scorpions, ect..