Update: RIP in Peace, Anthem

skillzdadirecta

Finished it, got 2 Masterworks off the boss, so i guess its not hard coded anymore.

No Legendary's today though, but plenty of Masterworks.

If it was 3 well built Javelins on my squad GM2 would've been a breeze as well.  I'm even running my Luck build which is barely optimized at all.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm hopping on in a bit... This will probably be my last full time weekend with Anthem for a bit. The Division 2 hits (for me) on Tuesday so I'll be diving into that this week big time.

Same. But I won’t be playing until Friday. 

So the other day I found myself missing having people to talk to in Fort Tarsis. I decided to check on Dax and her aunt to see if they had would have and idle conversations to rap up their arch. 

And Dm they did have a conversation between them. I then went in a mission and then there was a conversation bubble on my map in town. There was more dialog. 

Not a lot, but several more dialog instances. It was kind of nice. 

This update seems t have messed up more than its fixed.... i guess thats what happens when you rush something out

It seems last night loot drops were another "glitch" of sorts.  People bitching a lot on Reddit about how its bad again today.

I can't get any MW Embers to drop from harvesting anymore, before they dropped quite commonly.  I liked Free Play cause collecting Embers would help me with crafting later on...

I can now run GM2 Free Roam pretty easily, but the drops don't feel much better.  I guess I am seeing a bit more MW maybe, but if I need Legendary's to drop and they are still way too uncommon, its not much of a help.

It'll be nice to take a break and get into Division 2 and give Bioware some time to figure shit out.  It's pretty clear they are just kind of swinging wildly right now without really thinking things through too wisely.  They are rushing out patches without properly testing them.  It probably does more harm to rush something out that results in things feeling just as broken as it would to wait and get it right....

10 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

They added in new Universal Masterwork Components... so there's that

I wondered about this, i got a bunch of them in my inventory, and found one, wasn't sure if they just weren't in the game before or just added them.

9 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

Got a Legendary during a GM2 Legendary Contract.... From one of those crab things not part of the mission.... of course

I got one last night during a Legendary contract from an enemy that was part of the mission, i really think its just random dude, cause both legendaries i've gotten were off mission enemies.

So my first legendary contract last night using my luck/drop rate build and I did not get an increase of MW or see a Legendary. Got a bunch more Epic purple drops though. 

Second contract got less drops overall, normal volume, but finished with 3 MW. 

Third contract I got a higher number of purples and 4 MW. 

I think a lot of the increase number of purples is because of no more white and green drops. No Legendary, and MW seems to be from normal level or a bit higher than normal. 

I got MW components for other Javelins. Which is cool. But at the same time there are MW for my main Storm Javelin that I haven’t gotten yet that I really want. 

They seem to have added some events that weren't completed yet, one with a crystal or something, but the graphic for the crystal is a pink cylinder and rotating text that says its a placeholder, lol.  And i'm seeing mission details that say (Temp) complete mission, or (Temp) go to location.  They complete normally, but the crystal mission keeps having Faye talk repeatedly about it growing till you leave the area.

12 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Bumped it up to GM2, and immediately got a legendary off a contract enemy, I have yet to get one off of a random enemy, so unless theres a difference between the PC and console versions i don't think theres anything to the whole mission enemies don't give as good of loot.

Well how many hundreds of Contract enemies have you killed vs random enemies in the game world?

Its obviously all random, and I have a feeling they may have server side changed after it was brought to light, but I've killed thousands upon thousands of objective enemies vs a few hundred non contract enemies and probably have more Legendary drops off the non objective enemies.

This Reddit post is basically my experience.... I think I've had 2 Legendary drops off the Scorpions in between objectives while 0 during the enemies in the objectives themselves.  

I have made an Interceptor build which just wrecks with Melee + Ult.  Still trying to fine tune it but man I did Heart of Rage GM2 yesterday with 3 teammates that were always dead and I basically solo'd everything... just need to get my Ult quicker and man it'll be unstoppable.

My luck+drop rate Storm is pretty weak. Lvl 450, but my abilities are sub optimal due to them being equiped just for their luck stat. I can’t even do combos myself. One primer, no detonator. Maybe BioWare fixed it by the time I got home last night, but I did not feel a great decrease in difficulty. 

That may be a different story on my more combat optimized build. But it was wrecking in GM1 pre-patch. 

I do want to compare drop rates. My luck build has a total of +75% drop rate. So it should get far more drops than my combat build. 

49 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Well how many hundreds of Contract enemies have you killed vs random enemies in the game world?

Its obviously all random, and I have a feeling they may have server side changed after it was brought to light, but I've killed thousands upon thousands of objective enemies vs a few hundred non contract enemies and probably have more Legendary drops off the non objective enemies.

This Reddit post is basically my experience.... I think I've had 2 Legendary drops off the Scorpions in between objectives while 0 during the enemies in the objectives themselves.  

Right all that post confirms is killing more things gets you more loot, its like that in every game, I think people are looking for patterns that just aren't there.  Spent an hour in freeplay this morning ended with 1 MW, spent 45 minutes doing legendary contracts ended with 5 MWs and a Legendary, i don't have a ton of luck or drop rate, ~50%.

1 minute ago, PaladinSolo said:

Right all that post confirms is killing more things gets you more loot, its like that in every game, I think people are looking for patterns that just aren't there.

Those specific like dozen of Scorpions have dropped more Legendaries and Masterwork for me than the thousands of Scars and Scorpions I've killed throughout the rest of the mission.... 

In Free Roam I've gotten as many Legendary and MW from killing random Brutes or Crabs than killing the thousands of objective based enemies I've killed... 

While sure there's no way to know 100%, where there's smoke there's fire.  It def seems like the random mobs have higher drop rates than objective based mobs. 

It was even shown true, an Elite Yellow Health enemy guaranteed a drop outside of an objective but in an objective they didn't.   I don't necessarily think the argument is their loot table is better, its just they just naturally had a higher drop chance cause they weren't part of an objective which seemed to be 100% true.  And with more drops you're just more likely to possibly get a Legendary.  

Since that guys Reddit post ive noticed a huge increase in drops from the objective based mobs now in Strongholds too.  Where I barely had any drops I not get a ton.  I'd say they probably adjusted that realizing their mistake.

If you get down to it, I think the thing people seem to want is a guarantee in loot sources. Not just “do this and you 100% will get a drop”, which we get when completing a legendary contract. But also “this enemy specifically can drop this gun. That enemy can drop this other gun.”  

So if you’re looking for a specific legendary gun, you know killing scorpions gives you the best chance, or only chance to get it. So you farm scorpions for that gun. 

2 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

If you get down to it, I think the thing people seem to want is a guarantee in loot sources. Not just “do this and you 100% will get a drop”, which we get when completing a legendary contract. But also “this enemy specifically can drop this gun. That enemy can drop this other gun.”  

So if you’re looking for a specific legendary gun, you know killing scorpions gives you the best chance, or only chance to get it. So you farm scorpions for that gun. 

Yeah, this part is definitely right, everything is just a little too random so you're forced to just go with quantity, in borderlands if i wanted a Volcano i farmed the warrior, its stats were also fairly consistent across each variation with its major draw being its special effect which was a larger AOE on grouped enemies, in Anthem if i want a legendary autocannon i just have to kill shit over and over anywhere and hope i get one, and then the stats are so wildly random you're likely to get one thats pretty worthless.

3 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

No they all are always available

Well then something is wrong with my game, its checked as completed and i can't select it from the strong hold list.  I had a similar issue with tyrant mines before but i was able to track it from the journal and it showed up on the map, this time i can't even do that.

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:

Right all that post confirms is killing more things gets you more loot, its like that in every game, I think people are looking for patterns that just aren't there.  Spent an hour in freeplay this morning ended with 1 MW, spent 45 minutes doing legendary contracts ended with 5 MWs and a Legendary, i don't have a ton of luck or drop rate, ~50%.

Yeah, I can see that.  Since that Reddit post I've seen Objective mobs dropping wayyyy more than they were previously.  Legendary Contracts naturally spawn all higher tier enemies for the most part so its easily one of the best objectives for drops.   Before that post though I'd do 3 Legendary Contracts a day and end up with just the guaranteed MW's, now I'm leaving with at least 5 or so between the 3 of them, typically better.

35 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Yeah, I can see that.  Since that Reddit post I've seen Objective mobs dropping wayyyy more than they were previously.  Legendary Contracts naturally spawn all higher tier enemies for the most part so its easily one of the best objectives for drops.   Before that post though I'd do 3 Legendary Contracts a day and end up with just the guaranteed MW's, now I'm leaving with at least 5 or so between the 3 of them, typically better.

I was getting the same drops before though, :shrug:

Wow, something is definitely up with drop rates tonight. 

First contract on GM my second drop was a legendary. A crappy one, but still. I also got 2 MW and a bunch of purples. 

Second contract on GM and only 1 MW but a bunch of purples. 

Third contract in GM2 and only got the one MW and half the purple drops of GM. 

I addition of the dozen or so harvested things not a single ember. Not one. And all this was with my luck build. 

After my last play session (which was pre-patch) I just got disgusted and turned it off. Not getting a single legendary is infuriating at this point. Im going to give it a few more tries this week before D2 comes out and see if my luck improves. Im not all tht excited for D2 ....but there is no way I am continuing to play this game for hours on end with zero progress.