~*Please Support the GoFundMe Campaign for HardAct*~ Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
skillzdadirecta

General Gaming Anthem: previews, trailers, and gameplay videos (update - "This is Anthem" Gameplay Series, Part 1: Story, Progression, and Customization)

The only concern I have over this game is EA. They better not meddle with this game too much with their greedy little hands. 

I am actually holding off on the Div 2, to see how much Anthem pulls me in. If it still has me enthralled a month on, I might just wait on Div 2 until later in the year. 

Do you get anything for pre-ordering this digitally?

Should I go ahead and pre-load it or wait for impressions?

:thinking:

Pre-ordered this off the PS Store today. Who is going to be playing on the PS4?

On 1/17/2019 at 4:28 PM, Mr.Vic20 said:

I am actually holding off on the Div 2, to see how much Anthem pulls me in. If it still has me enthralled a month on, I might just wait on Div 2 until later in the year. 

I am thinking the same. I may get Div 2 sooner if my friends want to get it and jump in, but they are not interested, or we are satisfied playing something else we may just hold off. 

My main concern is that every single gameplay video I have seen looks identical to every other one. 

1) Fly somewhere

2) Hover, or land

3) Shoot for a few seconds

4) Fly somewhere else...

I'm not saying it won't be fun, but 3rd-person games tend to require less skill when they are shooters (simply due to the aiming mechanism being simpler), and the environments all look pretty generic. I'm also concerned about the overuse of effects and the way-too-high contrast. I get why they do it (it looks "cool"), but over saturation tends to wear on you after a while.

I do like the loot system though, as well as the matchmaking for all elements of the game.

Probably what will decide my purchase (and someone let me know if these things have been announced) are:

- Customizable FOV on PC

- 144hz support on PC

10 hours ago, Biggie said:

Pre-ordered this off the PS Store today. Who is going to be playing on the PS4?

People I know that did the alpha on the ps4 told me it wasn't as good as PC.  Hopefully they've optimized it some.  We will find out during the beta.

2 hours ago, eggydoo said:

People I know that did the alpha on the ps4 told me it wasn't as good as PC.

Uhh. I wouldn't expect that to change anytime soon.

On 1/16/2019 at 1:18 PM, Biggie said:

I’m kinda excited for this game. Think it might be better than Destiny @ALIEN-gunner

EA and Bioware makes me feel uneasy but Destiny currently is kinda trash so...Anthem has potential. :)

What's with the matchmaking criticisms of Destiiny 2? Does it not have matchmaking for crucible or something?

12 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

What's with the matchmaking criticisms of Destiiny 2? Does it not have matchmaking for crucible or something?

Certain activities do not. Most do, but big things like Raids don't. 

32 minutes ago, Brick said:

Certain activities do not. Most do, but big things like Raids don't. 

Well that's a big nothingburger. Who cares?

I've been powering though this game the past few months and haven't seen any negative to this.

6 hours ago, eggydoo said:

People I know that did the alpha on the ps4 told me it wasn't as good as PC.  Hopefully they've optimized it some.  We will find out during the beta.

Overall did they enjoy the game?

4 hours ago, Biggie said:

Overall did they enjoy the game?

I enjoyed it a lot but I was testing on PC.  Don't know about console, only thing they said to me was it wasn't so hot on console.  Either way we'll find out soon enough.  I think the open beta is end of the month.

20 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

I enjoyed it a lot but I was testing on PC.  Don't know about console, only thing they said to me was it wasn't so hot on console.  Either way we'll find out soon enough.  I think the open beta is end of the month.

Played fine to me but I played it on the X1X... I know other folks played it on the console too. Not sure what wasn't so hot about it.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Played fine to me but I played it on the X1X... I know other folks played it on the console too. Not sure what wasn't so hot about it.

After watching the videos I’m super excited to play it.