Update: RIP in Peace, Anthem

skillzdadirecta

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Game is running well on Xbox now. Seems like the issues are resolved for the most part. I just did a mission that wasn't in the alpha that was pretty dope.

They seem to be getting out in front of the rocky start yesterday

http://blog.bioware.com/2019/01/26/anthem-vip-demo-update/

I’m about to try again on PS4 in a few. I’ll report back with the results. :pray:

12 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Great news. Thanks.  lol

Played for several hours this afternoon. Got the infinite load a handful of times. If you shut down the game and go back in, it should tell you that you already have an expedition started and if you'd like to rejoin.   Do that and it should work. 

I repeated that several times and it worked every time. 

As for my time with it, I really enjoyed it. I think it'll be a great game, a lot of fun and it has a tonne of potential. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Man_of_X said:

Played for several hours this afternoon. Got the infinite load a handful of times. If you shut down the game and go back in, it should tell you that you already have an expedition started and if you'd like to rejoin.   Do that and it should work. 

I repeated that several times and it worked every time. 

As for my time with it, I really enjoyed it. I think it'll be a great game, a lot of fun and it has a tonne of potential. 

Thanks I’ll try that. I’ve been saying no and getting into another server. I’ll try to continue the expedition and see if that works. 

9 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Glad you got in... what do you think?

After I got the hang of things like understanding where to go to and whatnot I had a fucking blast. The battles were intense and I love the gun play and grenades. Also like the melee. Felt really good stepping into a enemy and just slicing them. I wish my teammates had mics. Would have been fun discussing the game while we played. It’ll be lots more fun with friends in a squad. But after using @Man_of_X instructions on how to get into the demo I played for about two hours without any interruption. I’m super hyped now for the full release. The game has tons of potential. Just hope when it launches were not dealing with these types of problems. 

4 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

So does the demo not have respawning or something. I see it saying “respawning” on my screen, but it just sits there. Endlessly. Seems kind of lame actually. 

Yeah when that happens a teammate needs to revive you if it’s in a no respawn area. If it locks up just shut the game down and reboot. But when it comes back to the loading screen pick continue. Do not choose another server. 

From what I played last night it felt fun to control, move around, and shoot. It feels like a BioWare shooter, which I enjoy. 

Too many loading screens breaking up the flow of a mission. I hope we either have less loading screens, or they are significantly shorter. It would be nice if the game would load in the background like many open world games do. 

I hope I can play tonight after I get back home. I think there was some weird network stuff going on in my last missions. I spawned in with no head, my grenades would not explode, and my super would just lock on but never fire. I want to see if I can play without these issues to get a better feel for the game. 

I'm at least glad the loads didn't copy the Destiny formula of making you watch an animation that can't be skipped that gets janky if you load too fast, but still takes forever.  The in-mission loading screens seemed nearly instant, but it was still weird it had them.

15 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I'm at least glad the loads didn't copy the Destiny formula of making you watch an animation that can't be skipped that gets janky if you load too fast, but still takes forever.  The in-mission loading screens seemed nearly instant, but it was still weird it had them.

The hype is real. I’m really looking forward to the full game. Upgrades and such should be cool. 

Edit: Also the Demo seems to be running perfectly today for PS4. 

6 minutes ago, Bacon said:

So, is there gonna be like a demo or open beta? I haven't really been following this game at all, but kinda interested. 

There is one more open beta/demo prior to release. Not sure of the date but it is sometime next month. 

13 minutes ago, Anzo said:

There is one more open beta/demo prior to release. Not sure of the date but it is sometime next month. 

13 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah, next weekend for everyone.

Cool beans. And, I just realized I already have origin downloaded and the demo was already there to download. 

13 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’ve played enough of this demo to know that I really like this game so I’m shutting it down.  Can’t wait until full release. 

Agree. I've played enough to know that I like it quite a bit. Might play one more time.  Can't wait for release. 

Also, I played on a peasant PS4 and it ran just fine.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

I found that the ME combat was what I liked least about the game -- and I'm not looking for a game with a loot grind.  Any sense of whether this will have enough story/non-combat gameplay to make it worth playing in a single-player-like way?

This probably isn't the game for you then... they claim the story will be pretty involved and typical Bioware fare with choices and such for each player, but the game will revolve around combat and loot drops for the most part. Combat in this game is basically a refined version of ME: Andromeda which had the best combat of the series. 

22 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

I found that the ME combat was what I liked least about the game -- and I'm not looking for a game with a loot grind.  Any sense of whether this will have enough story/non-combat gameplay to make it worth playing in a single-player-like way?

14 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

This probably isn't the game for you then... they claim the story will be pretty involved and typical Bioware fare with choices and such for each player, but the game will revolve around combat and loot drops for the most part. Combat in this game is basically a refined version of ME: Andromeda which had the best combat of the series. 

Exactly what Skillz said. This ain’t the game for you. Everything you just described that you disliked is the meat and potatoes of Anthem. lol

Non-combat in a looter shooter? Magic 8 Ball says "Not likely". 

That's good news it runs fine on a non-fabulous PS4. I'm sure I'll be getting the game. Everything about the combat and progression that I'm seeing is my kind of game. It's like it takes the best parts of Destiny, The Division, WarFrame, Diablo and Lost Planet and mixes it all up in a blender. 

Other than the glitches and bugs frm this 6 week old build(so called) the main complaint I'm seeing is there's no PVP. However I couldn't care less about that.