Update: RIP in Peace, Anthem

skillzdadirecta

3 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I am now just two components away from a full MW Jav! :sun: I hope to get there by the end of this coming weekend, but that's of course up to RNGesus. I have yet to pull a legendary item though. :( 

Got my first Legendary drop last night while running a GM1 regular Contract and a  “Boss” character dropped it.  Felt good to see one.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, atom631 said:

what was the item?

A Cryo Glaive for my Interceptor.  

I think Legendary's just have higher stats than Masterworks, but same perks.  Also has a guaranteed Max Roll on an inscription I think?  I didnt have a Masterwork Cryo Glaive though yet, which is one my favorite gear to use on my Interceptor, so I'm happy.  Decent roll on the inscriptions too.

I use the Cryo Glave too. My favorite weapon for my interceptor too.  I haven't played around with the other Javelins much... I'll probably play through the story with the Interceptor and then use the others for the End Game. I LOVE zipping around the battlefield with the Interceptor. So many different combat options besides simply shooting.

Every Masterwork I've been earning though, first thing I do is do the challenge associated with them to get the Blueprints for Crafting, but gonna wait til they patch in the improved inscriptions.  No point in wasting my MW Embers.

I forget which game it was, maybe Division, that allowed you to pick one inscription to reroll per item.  A game like this could really use that with 4 really randomized rolls per item.

23 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

A Cryo Glaive for my Interceptor.  

I think Legendary's just have higher stats than Masterworks, but same perks.  Also has a guaranteed Max Roll on an inscription I think?  I didnt have a Masterwork Cryo Glaive though yet, which is one my favorite gear to use on my Interceptor, so I'm happy.  Decent roll on the inscriptions too.

hmmm. I was hoping that legendary items would be truly unique. Something that you look at and know right away that you need to create a brand new loadout just to center a build around that one item. 

hopefully they get to that point with this game. seems they are on the right track with the loot. 

Some of the inscriptions are seriously cool, like getting more charges for your abilities -- that's a game changer. It's just a shame they're so random and masterwork drops are so rare. Hopefully we get a big increase to drop rates soon. That'd make it a lot more fun to hunt for perfect pieces.

2 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Some of the inscriptions are seriously cool, like getting more charges for your abilities -- that's a game changer. It's just a shame they're so random and masterwork drops are so rare. Hopefully we get a big increase to drop rates soon. That'd make it a lot more fun to hunt for perfect pieces.

Agreed! Being able to prime then detonate combos twice is nice and then throw in (literally) two frost grenades and I can keep legendary enemies in perpetual stun locks until I can melt them. 

I'm loving the game for sure, but now you can see why P.C. games stay in "early access" for years sometimes. They can iron a lot of stuff out and develop the game without some screeching youtuber shitting all over their work for clicks. Game still has a surprising amount of bugs for a title of this caliber so maybe more time in the oven could have been a benefit... it couldn't have hurt.

Lucked out and joined a Quickplay event, and it was a Legendary Contract literally just ended.  I got a really good MW Component, making it my 3rd on my Storm.  So my Storm went from being a piece of crap to being a downright beast real quick today.  

I love playing as all the Javelins.  Now my Storm just wrecks havoc with my combo of MW Ice Shards combo'd with my Lightning strike.  

18 minutes ago, atom631 said:

I have a purple contract icon in the fort. I’m assuming this is a legendary contract. Should I wait until 30 to do it? 

Also got a MW heavy pistol that does 200% damage when hovering!! It’s an absolute beast. 

You get one per faction daily i seems, so if ur not gonna be 30 tonight do it today.

3 hours ago, Pikachu said:

Drops for support gear seem lower than other items in general too

Agreed, and I'm not sure why. I get component drops being higher since there are six slots to fill, but after 60+ hours with this game, I've only seen a handful of support gear drops. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Agreed, and I'm not sure why. I get component drops being higher since there are six slots to fill, but after 60+ hours with this game, I've only seen a handful of support gear drops. 

Well there are only 2 possible options as drops for Support currently, where as every other slot has at least 6 to 8 minimum, with components and weapons being way higher.  So I guess it'd make sense it'd feel way lower.  But I agree, some of my characters were using a really low level support for awhile cause I never had anything better.

I wish they'd have more options for Support too, 2 is rather limited, but they've said they will be adding more.