Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
skillzdadirecta

General Gaming Anthem | Official Thread of Totally Not EA/BioWare Destiny, update - yeah, about that 90-Day Roadmap...

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Played for about an hour before crashing last night. Graphics are awesome. Gameplay was smooth as butter. Question though. After competing the first few missions I was showed my loot. Should I be salvaging all those weapons or hold onto them all? 

 

I salvage the lower level stuff immediately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

And PS4 apparently 

But it Fixed the HDR issue on PC! :sun: until this patch, this is what I was doing to just play the game each time I started it:

 

1.) Boot the game, this will force screen into perma black after dolby icon is displayed
2.) Go to setting on your TV, then all settings, then general settings, then UHD color and turn it off
3.) This will restore the image, but I get no sound so...
4.) Unplug HDMI cable from GPU and immediately plug it back in
5.) Make sure you are in bordless window mode
6.) This makes the game playable, although you get no HDR and a performance hit. 
7.) Pray for a patch!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Played for about an hour before crashing last night. Graphics are awesome. Gameplay was smooth as butter. Question though. After competing the first few missions I was showed my loot. Should I be salvaging all those weapons or hold onto them all? 

 

It's been mentioned that you get quite a bit of loot thrown at you, so it's always best to go with the highest level stuff and salvage the old items.  No use for them once you've gone up a couple of levels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Man_of_X said:

 

It's been mentioned that you get quite a bit of loot thrown at you, so it's always best to go with the highest level stuff and salvage the old items.  No use for them once you've gone up a couple of levels.

 

Right, can't you craft gear/guns to your highest level gear/gun type owned? Or something along those lines.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ARZ said:

 

Right, can't you craft gear/guns to your highest level gear/gun type owned? Or something along those lines.

 

Yeah more or less.  Once you get stuff in your inventory you can start crafting that item.  I think you may need to do certain challenges to unlock the ability though first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. I haven’t taken a loot at the challenges. I know in the demo the challenges were getting kills, but then I saw something that looks like some challenges are just having them equiped and completing activities. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

But it Fixed the HDR issue on PC! :sun: until this patch, this is what I was doing to just play the game each time I started it:

 

1.) Boot the game, this will force screen into perma black after dolby icon is displayed
2.) Go to setting on your TV, then all settings, then general settings, then UHD color and turn it off
3.) This will restore the image, but I get no sound so...
4.) Unplug HDMI cable from GPU and immediately plug it back in
5.) Make sure you are in bordless window mode
6.) This makes the game playable, although you get no HDR and a performance hit. 
7.) Pray for a patch!

 

Vic or you having any issue with the game changing resolution upon start up? That's my only issue right now is that when I fire it up it's on like some low resolution and I bump it to 4k. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Yeah. I haven’t taken a loot at the challenges. I know in the demo the challenges were getting kills, but then I saw something that looks like some challenges are just having them equiped and completing activities. 

 

Yeah I got the Masterwork version of the Fulcrum, and its shredding.  The weapon specific challenges seem to be just to kill enemies with said weapon to unlock higher versions of the blueprints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

 

Yeah I got the Masterwork version of the Fulcrum, and its shredding.  The weapon specific challenges seem to be just to kill enemies with said weapon to unlock higher versions of the blueprints.

 

The Fulcrum is the main weapon I use with my interceptor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ARZ said:

 

Right, can't you craft gear/guns to your highest level gear/gun type owned? Or something along those lines.

 

 

22 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Yeah more or less.  Once you get stuff in your inventory you can start crafting that item.  I think you may need to do certain challenges to unlock the ability though first.

 

Yeah.  If you get a weapon that you like, there are challenges to unlock blueprints at different levels for that gun. Uncommon, Rare, Epic.  The blue prints scale to you, so you can craft that gun later if you have the resources.

 

I think that's how it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am at the tomb part. My only problem with it is that I need friends. In freeplay everyone seems to run off and do their own thing. I doubt I can take on a world event by myself. (Lvl 19 or 20 with about 218 power jav)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So does this basically require friends for most things?  Or is it like Destiny in that 90% of the stuff you can solo but if you wanna raid you need a group?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

I am at the tomb part. My only problem with it is that I need friends. In freeplay everyone seems to run off and do their own thing. I doubt I can take on a world event by myself. (Lvl 19 or 20 with about 218 power jav)

 

You should be able to easily do world events on your own. Very few require a team in challenge.   What are you playing on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Slug said:

So does this basically require friends for most things?  Or is it like Destiny in that 90% of the stuff you can solo but if you wanna raid you need a group?

 

Ive been rolling solo and just hit Lvl 26.  I didnt even put on Matchmaking and ran though solo.  Matchmaking is on default for everything though.

 

The real End Game content, and the Strongholds on higher difficulties will probably require real communication and teamwork.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I try playing free roam solo on hard and I get chewed up, especially if there is a lancer in the enemy ranks. 

 

Storm really shines when the enemy is not firing everything they have at you. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Dude said:

 

Vic or you having any issue with the game changing resolution upon start up? That's my only issue right now is that when I fire it up it's on like some low resolution and I bump it to 4k. 

No sir, no resolution issues, sorry! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I try playing free roam solo on hard and I get chewed up, especially if there is a lancer in the enemy ranks. 

 

Storm really shines when the enemy is not firing everything they have at you. Lol

As a Storm I had to drop it to normal while in Free Roam as well. Hard for missions has been fine though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Anzo said:

As a Storm I had to drop it to normal while in Free Roam as well. Hard for missions has been fine though.

I just saw a video where apparently getting 1 shot when at full shields is a recently discovered network issue they said they can fix server side. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know some of you have talked about the NPC's in the game just being static and not interacting with each other, not having those one off convos like they do in Mass Effect/Dragon Age.

 

I think its pretty clear that in a game like this wont ever be as deep as a single player game.  But later into the game, there are deeper conversations with not so easy choices between different characters as well.  Is it a Mass Effect level story, no, but its not bare bones skip every convo like Destiny or Diablo is either, which is what this game should more accurately be compared to.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

Hey Freelancers,

 

As some of you have noticed there are certain fixes that we can make without any patches (live changes), but there are others that require a client-side fix that needs to be downloaded. We have identified the following issues and are working on a client patch to resolve them:

 

The final boss in the Heart of Rage stronghold isn’t appearing if the group wipes before engaging

 

HDR is currently disabled on consoles (Xbox One and PS4)

 

Some players are encountering issues that are causing them to crash

 

 

While the team continues to work on the above fixes they were able to address some of the live issues that have been reported:

 

Coin changes for Daily/Weekly

We have fixed an issue that displayed and rewarded the incorrect amount of Coin from various activities

 

Stronghold Matchmaking

We have extended the timer that allows for matchmaking in a stronghold. This should allow groups to fill easier when matchmaking

 

Non-stop Rain
We have fixed an issue that was causing it to rain in game more than intended

 

Fusion Proc Bonuses on Weapons
Weapons were incorrectly applying infusion proc/bonuses from being equipped when they should only have been applying bonuses from the weapon that was in the active slot

 

Chests found in Missions changes
Chests found in missions now have less of a chance to drop higher tiered items

 

Emotes Not Properly Saving
We have fixed the issue that was causing emotes not to save properly when bound

 

Shield Fix
We corrected an issue that was allowing players who still have shields active to be one shot by high damaging attacks

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

I know some of you have talked about the NPC's in the game just being static and not interacting with each other, not having those one off convos like they do in Mass Effect/Dragon Age.

 

I think its pretty clear that in a game like this wont ever be as deep as a single player game.  But later into the game, there are deeper conversations with not so easy choices between different characters as well.  Is it a Mass Effect level story, no, but its not bare bones skip every convo like Destiny or Diablo is either, which is what this game should more accurately be compared to.  

 

Yeah I was wondering about that critique too... I have several conversation strings going on with NPC'S that remind me of some of the stuff FROM Mass Effect and Dragon Age. You have to talk to everyone and try not to piss them off... or they might shut down. Like other Bioware games :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless they are taking about the idle conversations between non interactive NPCs. Which I’ve heard some of them talk to each other. But not everyone is carrying on a conversation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Unless they are taking about the idle conversations between non interactive NPCs. Which I’ve heard some of them talk to each other. But not everyone is carrying on a conversation. 

 

Maybe that's what they're talking about? Although I HAVE heard non interactive NPC's Having conversations too :confused: Maybe it's because everything is in first person and not cinematic like The Dragon Age and MAss Effect games? The first Dragon Age game had a silent protagonist though so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, atom631 said:

What the FUCK do you do inside the tomb of Yvenia? It said greet the guardian or something but nothing works. 

 

I thought I heard something about paying respects somewhere?  Haven't gotten there so don't know for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

 

You should be able to easily do world events on your own. Very few require a team in challenge.   What are you playing on?

 

PC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can totally solo World Events by yourself on Normal, on Hard you might need a bit more power. On GM+ I wouldn't expect to be able to solo them for a while.


I do really like that you can choose your difficulty for Freeplay, it means that exploring the world can stay dangerous without weird automated level scaling where you and a level 2 guy are both taking on the same boss and doing the same damage.

 

And yeah, the conversations you have absolutely remind me of stuff from Mass Effect and Dragon Age. A certain character is straight up a nod to Mordin, and gets up to some weird, wacky shit. Like I've been saying, I've been having a lot of fun with the characters and like them all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been playing a bit of the story and have been busy trying to find a color scheme I like for the Intercepter. The graphics and load times seem fine to me on the PS4 basic. All I can compare this to is the demo but everything is much improved. The wind and rain efffects almost feel real. 

 

Also outrage culture on youtube gets a lot of traffic. Youtube is these peoples main source of income. And message boards are full of kids, complaining is easy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I can't handle GM2, but looks like ill be running some Free Play.  Is it an entire mission you get, or just the Giants drop good loot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...