Update: RIP in Peace, Anthem

skillzdadirecta

34 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Doing Quickplay, I've been put into missions where it says clear al lthe enemies, and something glitched and they just keep spawning.  I'd suggest wiping so it reloads the instance and see if that works.

I could not get the rest of my blueberries to wipe with me, so I just quit and relaunched the mission. 

Kind of a glitchy night. I go to do the last mission and the audio glitches out halfway through. First time the audio has ever cut out on me, and that includes the demos, and it does it on the final mission. 

I've had the audio issue only once as well in all my time playing.

Each day I focus on a different Javelin.  Do all 3 of the Legendary Contracts with a new Jav, then do whatever daily quests there are.  It keeps it fresh day to day, and now that I have a good amount of MW's collected I'm starting to focus on different builds.  

Looking forward to those cosmetic chests and new items coming this month... Hopefully they add new cool guns and stuff already...  can never have too much

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

Been taking my time but just curious how far I am along with the main story campaign. 

Just got to the part where 

Reveal hidden contents

I’s say two, maybe three main story missions left. Not long now. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Okay so what’s the best way to grind the materials needed to build the Dawn Shield?  Free roam or Strongholds?

I'm not much help with details, but I played a good bit of free roam just harvesting random stuff not knowing why. I did a handful of side missions. Only did 1 stronghold. I ended up having all the materials needed to build the shield right away except for the 3 corium pieces from fighting titans. I didn't get to the mission you mentioned yet either. I'm probably close though. Im level 18 I think with all my gear and weapons are lvl 22.

12 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Okay so what’s the best way to grind the materials needed to build the Dawn Shield?  Free roam, Strongholds, or quick play?

I think the Titans are in Free Roam...

Anyone on Xbox I'll be on and off all day today, so if anyone wants to run any Strongholds or whatever just @ me here.  I'm still kind of curious if you get invited into a Legendary Contract, does that complete your personal one, or can you double/triple up on them with friends by inviting eachother.

13 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Okay so what’s the best way to grind the materials needed to build the Dawn Shield?  Free roam, Strongholds, or quick play?

Free roam is supposed to be the best. 

I had plenty of materials. If you finish talking to Matthias to end his triple trouble quest and you’ve done the quests for Dax you should get a big discount on material cost. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

I think the Titans are in Free Roam...

Anyone on Xbox I'll be on and off all day today, so if anyone wants to run any Strongholds or whatever just @ me here.  I'm still kind of curious if you get invited into a Legendary Contract, does that complete your personal one, or can you double/triple up on them with friends by inviting eachother.

He should have those having done the Matthias missions. The one ends with 3 titans. 

• Like 1

If there one thing that’s gonna drive me away from this game is the matchmaking. When I was 380-420 I was getting grouped with guys 480+ and getting absolutely destroyed bc the difficulty scales to the highest player. 

Now that I’m 486, I’m getting group with dudes 350-375 and spending more time reviving than doing anything. 

Ive never quit so many matches in a game like I do in anthem. 

3 minutes ago, atom631 said:

If there one thing that’s gonna drive me away from this game is the matchmaking. When I was 420ish I was getting grouped with guys 480+ and getting absolutely destroyed bc the difficulty scales to the highest player. 

Now that I’m 486, I’m getting group with dudes 350-375 and spending more time reviving than doing anything. 

Ive never quit so many matches in a game like I do in anthem. 

I thought they had said difficulty only scales to you individually. The enemies scale differently for each player. 

Maybe that is different in GM difficulties. 

22 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I thought they had said difficulty only scales to you individually. The enemies scale differently for each player. 

Maybe that is different in GM difficulties. 

I don’t think so. Whenever I was grouped with other players within 10ish levels or so,  the fight was difficult but do-able. Whenever i got grouped with guys way higher level, I would get one shot by everything. 

Now its reveresed. I’m surviving and everyone else is getting insta-killed. 

Its frustrating as fuck. I just lost over an hour progress being grouped twice with people 50+ levels lower and then dying instantly. 

23 minutes ago, atom631 said:

I don’t think so. Whenever I was grouped with other players within 10ish levels or so,  the fight was difficult but do-able. Whenever i got grouped with guys way higher level, I would get one shot by everything. 

Its frustrating as fuck. I just lost over an hour progress being grouped twice with people 50+ levels lower and then dying instantly. 

I'm on if you wanna run something?

You trying to do Heart of Rage?

23 minutes ago, atom631 said:

Must be a GM thing, or something that got broke in a recent patch, because pre lvl 30 I never had that issue. 

1 hour ago, atom631 said:

I noticed something like this last night. I was running a story mission on GM1 with a friend whose level 30. I’m level 18. It’s the one that ends with 3 Titans. In that final battle I was getting hit hard but surviving everything. Always with a sliver of life left. Then I’d go behind a rock till shields regenerated. Meanwhile the 3 level 30’s I was Left we’re getting downed left and right. I dunno if it was something weird or I was just being wayyyyy more careful then them because of my level. But it seemed odd I was never downed during the fight. 

1 hour ago, Mercury33 said:

I noticed something like this last night. I was running a story mission on GM1 with a friend whose level 30. I’m level 18. It’s the one that ends with 3 Titans. In that final battle I was getting hit hard but surviving everything. Always with a sliver of life left. Then I’d go behind a rock till shields regenerated. Meanwhile the 3 level 30’s I was Left we’re getting downed left and right. I dunno if it was something weird or I was just being wayyyyy more careful then them because of my level. But it seemed odd I was never downed during the fight. 

Possibly. I’m level 26 and those Titans won’t one shot me. At least not yet. :nervous:

I do hate those Titans. They’re abilities feel too cheap for them to be fun to fight. I go be behind a wall, or completely dodge and still take a full hit. It feels like there are some attacks they have that unless you fly across a room to avoid you still take the full hit. 

6 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Possibly. I’m level 26 and those Titans won’t one shot me. At least not yet. :nervous:

I do hate those Titans. They’re abilities feel too cheap for them to be fun to fight. I go be behind a wall, or completely dodge and still take a full hit. It feels like there are some attacks they have that unless you fly across a room to avoid you still take the full hit. 

Yupp. That’s what I do. Right when they attack I just fly and head across the room. lol

All but one of the titans attacks can be avoided by getting behind and above their head, whenever he starts an attack just fly straight there, the homing orbs can get you but you should see it and dodge/shield absorb it.  Also gets you in place to shoot his back when it opens up which does the most damage.

As far as level scaling, i haven't noticed anything hitting harder or weaker based on my parties level, just that the game shouldn't allow people in the low teens into strongholds on hard, they were more of a hassle having to pick up all the time than anything, mostly cause they didn't really seem to know what they were doing and would just stand there and get annihilated.

A single dodge breaks the homing of a titan's fireball, even if you dodge like 1 second after the fireball is released. As soon as it starts actively homing, you can dodge and the one aiming for your will just float off harmlessly in a random direction. You should really never be hit by that thing. The rest of it can be avoided by hovering high enough.

I made a Luck Build for each class now...

Ranger - +174% Luck

Colossus - +202% Luck

Storm - +201% Luck

Interceptor - +188% Luck

Ran Tyrant Mine twice with my Ranger, 1st time 3 MC + Guaranteed MC, 2nd time 1 Legendary, 1 MC + 1 Guaranteed MC.  

7 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Not tha it isn’t happening, but I had not had the game crash my entire system, nor had I seen it talked about. Could be real, could be people making it up to get a refund on a game they are unsatisfied with. 

I didn’t see anyone complaining here but just in case you are experiencing issus, there is a chance to get a refund. I haven’t experienced any issues with the game on the X. Metro on the other hand freezes quite often. 

2 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I didn’t see anyone complaining here but just in case you are experiencing issus, there is a chance to get a refund. I haven’t experienced any issues with the game on the X. Metro on the other hand freezes quite often. 

I also didn’t see a bunch of talk on YouTube either. You just know that if one youtubers heard Anthem was crashing consoles it would have 10 videos lambasting the game even if it was just a single occurrence. Lol

I notice I take longer to load than many others I am matched with. I can get to a cave first, but be the last to load in. I doubt they are all running SSDs as I would be surprised if all them even had One Xs. In other games, like Destiny or Division it was not uncommon for me to load into an area ahead of friends and randoms.