Update: RIP in Peace, Anthem

skillzdadirecta

21 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

It sounds like Anthem has a good balance, at least in GM1. I had heard GM2 and 3 felt less rewarding, which I think this loot update was meant to address. 

Inhave heard people got upset because for about 10 hours last week an update accidentally was over rewarding loot. People getting 6+ MW per stronghold. When BioWare corrected it some of those people got pissed. 

Thing was was they Had not been salty about the drop rate before. More of that manufactured rage gamers are prone to. 

Frankly I am glad the BioWare did not cave and go back to over rewarding players. There are only so many MW items. Even at normal drop rates it would not take long to get all the ones you want. 

Well with the way Inscriptions were, I dont necessarily disagree that you'd need a ton of drops to get ideal items.

Now that they fixed that, its in a much better place.

5 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

Yeah, I was still playing when they introduced the Set pieces, but even those dropped so often as well, that I found myself spending so much of my playtime in the menu looting at gear it was just tedious.  

Its a fine balance I know, but I like the good stuff to feel rare and rewarding when it drops.  I feel Masterworks drop at a decent rate right now, and you can get a bunch of them in guaranteed ways as is.  You can also craft them as well once you learn the blueprint.

Legendary's only drop, and they seem a bit rare, but I've only run GM1 so far, so maybe they'll start dropping more often in GM2.

How do you learn MW blueprints? 

1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

After saying I never got Legendary drops from chests, I've gotten 2 from chests since.  1 World Event Chest and 1 Stronghold chest

46hrs in this game and not a single legendary yet. Kinda frustrating. Reminds me of vanilla D3

I'm about to jump into GM2 Free Roam.  

Just had a Papa Pump Legendary drop from the Scorpions in between that Horde Room and the Boss, that same bunch everyone flies over ---- Kill everything as Xbob said.  

It rolled with +90% Armor and +65% Shields, +135% Weapon Magazine. 

Gonna see how much survivability I have with my Colossus with this badboy on.

41 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

I'm about to jump into GM2 Free Roam.  

Just had a Papa Pump Legendary drop from the Scorpions in between that Horde Room and the Boss, that same bunch everyone flies over ---- Kill everything as Xbob said.  

It rolled with +90% Armor and +65% Shields, +135% Weapon Magazine. 

Gonna see how much survivability I have with my Colossus with this badboy on.

Not sure how viable in GM, but in the demo I liked running shotguns with my Interceptor since I was in everything’s face already slicing them up with melee and abilities. 

It seemed like it had more survivability than my Storm.   

Game designer's been making a few posts today. In the mid March patch we can expect the start expedition button to be available at Fort Tarsis even when not in a party (so you don't have to go to your javelin every time) and the ability, thankfully, to use your friggin' menus when downed. A "make party leader" button is coming, and of course fixes for the fact that you can get into bugged quickplay matches.

PSA: Much like in Diablo, destroying Scar drills has a chance to unlock a tunnel you can enter...

Inside, there'll be a small trove of resources to loot, and more enemies to kill and loot from ending with a treasure chest once the wave is completed. Reminded me of a tamer goblin portal you could enter from Diablo III. Really nice touch.

Stolen from Reddit - Ive seen these before, but dont think I went in cause we were in the middle of a World Event.  

I wish they would just put like a 30-45 second timer when downed in respawn restricted areas. 

Maybe they figure if players can wait can wait out a timer they won’t bother to revive downed team mates. Which at times may be true. Sometimes a person gets downed in an impossible spot. But even if there was a timer, like there is in Destiny, people would still try to pick up allies, because more fire power, more targets for enemies to shoot at. 

Just now, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I wish they would just put like a 30-45 second timer when downed in respawn restricted areas. 

Maybe they figure if players can wait can wait out a timer they won’t bother to revive downed team mates. Which at times may be true. Sometimes a person gets downed in an impossible spot. But even if there was a timer, like there is in Destiny, people would still try to pick up allies, because more fire power, more targets for enemies to shoot at. 

Beyond that, I think that visibility for downed teammates is just bad right now. You need an on-screen notification, an audible alert, bigger downed icons, maybe have the health bar of the downed person flash red, etc.

As it stands, you can be dealing with a LOT of shit at once, so it's super easy to miss someone going down.

I personally dont think there should be a timer, it'd make everything too easy with how easy it is to get away and hide and wait out a timer.  If you're running Strongholds which are the "hardest" content right now, it should be hard.  I know playing with randoms makes it tough at times, but it should make people play smarter.

The biggest issue with it is that you can't see  your teams widget anymore so its hard to tell where people are, if people are even alive ect.  Being able to possibly spectate as well would be nice.

5 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Stolen from Reddit - Ive seen these before, but dont think I went in cause we were in the middle of a World Event.  

I wanna say there was a mission or contract I where we had to destroy them, and one of them revealed an entrance that as part of the mission we had to go down. 

That is cool it is some thing you can get randomly too for bonus rewards.  

2 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

I personally dont think there should be a timer, it'd make everything too easy with how easy it is to get away and hide and wait out a timer.  If you're running Strongholds which are the "hardest" content right now, it should be hard.  I know playing with randoms makes it tough at times, but it should make people play smarter.

The biggest issue with it is that you can't see  your teams widget anymore so its hard to tell where people are, if people are even alive ect.  Being able to possibly spectate as well would be nice.

A kind of ping where it pulsed the down icon and made some sound your team could hear would be nice. Then you could get their attention you are down even when playing with randoms. And they could tell you apart from the NPCs getting downed. 

A kind of ping where it pulsed the down icon and made some sound your team could hear would be nice. Then you could get their attention you are down even when playing with randoms. And they could tell you apart from the NPCs getting downed. 

Oh yeah definitely.  The current system sucks bad.  Just sitting there trying to find the little silhouette of your teammates flying around sucks.  They need to make huge improvements to it.

I just personally do like challenging content and think respawn timers can make things a bit too easy. 

17 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Oh yeah definitely.  The current system sucks bad.  Just sitting there trying to find the little silhouette of your teammates flying around sucks.  They need to make huge improvements to it.

I just personally do like challenging content and think respawn timers can make things a bit too easy. 

I don’t mind a challenge, but I hate sitting out for minutes on end. 

Not that Destiny is the perfect example of all things, or sometimes anything, but even with a timer there are plenty of intense moments waiting for an ally to be able to respawn themselves while you desperately try to stay alive. Easier, but not easy. 

13 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Boom legendary on my first try! Travel will luck boosters people!

I had heard this a while ago and assumed as much since I kept seeing luck show up on weapons. 

I figured I’d be making a luck build after lvl 30. 

1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

@Mercury33 was this the same one?

Diffrent mission. Mine was the General Tarsis Tomb mission when I was level 17. The second grouping of enemies just sent wave after wave of an identical grouping of enemies. I eventually switched from Hard to Easy and it then it worked fine. 

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Well now I hit a major bug. A very late mission named Freelancer Down. The bug is instead of the game sending just a couple waves of enemies you end up with ENDLESS waves of enemies and the game never lets you progress. 

Doing Quickplay, I've been put into missions where it says clear al lthe enemies, and something glitched and they just keep spawning.  I'd suggest wiping so it reloads the instance and see if that works.