Update: RIP in Peace, Anthem

skillzdadirecta

44 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Did my first Stonghold Mission. Fucking incredible. I can’t stop playing this game!

My Ranger is 107. 

Question where do you find rare ember or are you supposed to purchase it?

Salvaging Rare Gear is the main way you'll get it, or from harvesting materials or chests.  Never purchase that stuff.

• Thanks 1

I had a great day with my Storm yesterday.  Ran the 3 Legendary Contracts, did my dailies, and then started going Quickplays with it.  

By the end of the day, I had all Components Masterwork as well as collected multiple skills slots and weapons as MW.  

Quickplays I found I actually snuck into like 50% Legendary Contracts with guaranteed Component drops, which helped me out a lot.   

Today I'll focus on my Colossus, as its currently my weakest of the bunch.

1 minute ago, JPDunks4 said:

I had a great day with my Storm yesterday.  Ran the 3 Legendary Contracts, did my dailies, and then started going Quickplays with it.  

By the end of the day, I had all Components Masterwork as well as collected multiple skills slots and weapons as MW.  

Quickplays I found I actually snuck into like 50% Legendary Contracts with guaranteed Component drops, which helped me out a lot.   

Today I'll focus on my Colossus, as its currently my weakest of the bunch.

I get two Legendary contracts a day, one from the guild and the other from Matthais. I assume Brin (sP?) would provide the third? 

19 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I get two Legendary contracts a day, one from the guild and the other from Matthais. I assume Brin (sP?) would provide the third? 

Yeah I have one from each everyday.  Freelancer, Archonists, and Sentinels

Did my 3 on my Colossus today already.

Sure. Except Fallout 76 was a broken piece of shit to the core. There was no fun game to unearth. Anthem is a fun game at the core. That's not a small difference, it's a universe of difference. Fallout 76 will never be worth playing no matter what they do to it.

Frankly none of the 3D Fallout games were really worth playing but...

That’s kinda how I go into thee games.  Are the core gameplay and controls there.  With Destiny the shooting and gameplay felt great, so I gave Bungie the benefit of the doubt and put the time in waiting for the game to get great.  

With Destiny though it cost en extra $100 on DLCs to get there and they never really added some of the stuff I really craved in a looter shooter. 

I enjoyed Divisions gameplay too, even if now it feels a bit slow and cumbersome compared to Anthem.

I feel Anthem has the important and hardest parts nailed.   Controls are amazing and the gameplay is fast and fun. The world is gorgeous with so much potential to be added within it.  The Javelins themselves are all so well done and play so uniquely.  

Now they can focus on more more and more content within the world they created, focus on Quality of Life improvements, and they’ve said they are even working on a whole new Map and Javelins as well.  I still think this game will have a good future.  

• Like 1

Alright alright alright. I caved and bought this darn game. I’m about 2 hours in and so far so good. So far, I don’t get the mediocre reviews it’s getting. It’s fun. It’s deep. It seems to have extremely high replay value. And Bioware is fully supporting this game. That checks all my boxes right now. I guess we’ll see if gets stale or not like the feedback says...

32 minutes ago, atom631 said:

Also, I got the same thing where I’m only getting purple missions from the archanists and the freelancers. I’m not getting anything from the sentinels. 

You may have existing missions/contracts from the other groups that need completing first. I had a contract for the Freelancers that I didn't finish that was preventing me from getting a legendary mission, since you can only have one contract from each group at a time.

5 minutes ago, nublood said:

Alright alright alright. I caved and bought this darn game. I’m about 2 hours in and so far so good. So far, I don’t get the mediocre reviews it’s getting. It’s fun. It’s deep. It seems to have extremely high replay value. And Bioware is fully supporting this game. That checks all my boxes right now. I guess we’ll see if gets stale or not like the feedback says...

According to my Xbox, i have 37hrs in and I’m not even at level cap yet nor have I spent more than ~2hrs or so on the other javelins. Even if I get burnt out in another 10hrs, I got my money’s worth. 

Its a great game. No idea why it got trashed so hard. 

Just now, Xbob42 said:

You may have existing missions/contracts from the other groups that need completing first. I had a contract for the Freelancers that I didn't finish that was preventing me from getting a legendary mission, since you can only have one contract from each group at a time.

I keep getting the freelancer and archanist purple missions. And whenever I complete them, a new yellow one pops up. However I can’t remember the last time a sentinel mission popped up. 

Just now, atom631 said:

I keep getting the freelancer and archanist purple missions. And whenever I complete them, a new yellow one pops up. However I can’t remember the last time a sentinel mission popped up. 

Like I said, it could be that you still have one that you'd taken a long time ago. Could also be a bug, hell if I know, but just double check your missions to make sure you don't have one that you picked up ages ago.

31 minutes ago, atom631 said:

Are either of the Yellow ones an Agent Mission, with a human figure instead of like the box?  

Also walk around town, go up those stairs near where the Sentinel stuff, go left and right, make sure the Commander doesn't want to talk.  Go in the bar even if it doesnt show a convo bubble.  There must be something you need to do to keep it going.

That's gonna be a pretty powerful update in terms of loot. Next step is getting actually unique MWs and Legendaries. A lot of the existing ones have cool effects, but look the same, which just will not do in the long-term. My big stupid Wish Ender bow in Destiny 2 may not be the best bow, but I use it because of how utterly ridiculous it is. There's a fucking statue on it with a sword, and as you pull the string back, the sword is filled with light/energy to show how charged the bow is. It's fucking idiotic and I love it. We need cool/exciting/dumb loot like that!

This is a very good first step and I appreciate how agile they're being, though. They had two choices here: Massively increase the MW drop rate since 90% of them would be scrapped anyway after you realized they had bad stats, or this, so that each MW find is a lot more impactful and meaningful. This is actually kind of both, since the exclusion of white/green drops means more chances for MWs.

A pretty measured and effective change, I hope it works well!

Got to the tombs challenge last night. I had done enough free play and side missions that 3 of the tombs were totally done. And all that I was missing from the other was finding enough collectibles and chests. Knocked out chests last night but ended after that because of a big server message that would pop up every minute to say servers were shutting down in 2 hours. 

On 2/25/2019 at 10:37 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

That's the hardest part of that Stronghold.  I beat on hard a couple of times now... the thing is a couple of the squad should focus on the ramp leading up the platform and keep the insects from swarming. The other members should focus on the glowing electric orbs that drain your shields. If you ignore them, they will make this phase of Stronghold harder.

Wish I could figure out how it glitched....but ran this mission with 3 friends and NONE of the bugs spawned. We sat up on the platform being zapped by the electric orbs, but no bus spawned in the entire section. Then we moved on to the next room, lol. Was fantastic!

17 minutes ago, ARZ said:

Wish I could figure out how it glitched....but ran this mission with 3 friends and NONE of the bugs spawned. We sat up on the platform being zapped by the electric orbs, but no bus spawned in the entire section. Then we moved on to the next room, lol. Was fantastic!

I've been there! 

On 2/26/2019 at 6:49 PM, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I use the consumable that gives me 10% more shields and better recharge. 

I absolutely enjoy interacting with characters in Fort Tarsis. One of my favorite scenes was first meeting Sentinal Dax. So amusingly animated.  

And some of the conversation choices are pretty damn difficult to decide. There've been a number of instances where I'm not sure what to do....the most recent that come to mind are the old artist lady and the spy with the spy husband.

1 minute ago, ARZ said:

And some of the conversation choices are pretty damn difficult to decide. There've been a number of instances where I'm not sure what to do....the most recent that come to mind are the old artist lady and the spy with the spy husband.

Yup! I wasn't going to lie and that made everyone hate me by the end of that story chain! :sun:

Just now, ARZ said:

Oh those story threads were so good. The spy husband was one of my favorites little arch’s in the game. Oh and that old lady. So many tough dialog choices.