Update: RIP in Peace, Anthem

skillzdadirecta

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

Well I can say this... If I'm playing this game it'll be on my Pc as in ps4 this feels awful, ffs it just feels bad 

It feels sub 30 fps, walking thru town was absolutely brutal.. I wanted cry after like a minute it's so slow and wonky feeling 

It feels this way on PC also and my frames are 90+ 

4 minutes ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

It feels this way on PC also and my frames are 90+ 

That's so sad to hear. At this point I just hope that they were stupid enough to use an older build and a better one awaits, I still don't get why they'd do that when it's so close to release. 

It's basically made me more amped for Division 2 

43 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That's so sad to hear. At this point I just hope that they were stupid enough to use an older build and a better one awaits, I still don't get why they'd do that when it's so close to release. 

It's basically made me more amped for Division 2 

Ok, now that I'm actually in game, it isn't wonky. I couldn't imagine playing this at 30fps though

6 minutes ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

Ok, now that I'm actually in game, it isn't wonky. I couldn't imagine playing this at 30fps though

Yea I should've just went with Pc to get the full feel of it, I did ps4 since a good portion of my current destiny clan is ps4. 

That's the thing the town felt worse than 30 frames, the combat while it felt better it still all feels very unpolished. 

But Pc is most likely where I'll play this when it launches, I would hope that on Pc it feels more complete and more polished 

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I caught a tweet where they said the issues should be fixed in terms of getting in etc... 

So I'm gonna try again in a bit. And glad you like it @Biggie I like it but I think it needs to marinate a bit more. 

Got locked out again. lol

Yeah it doesn’t have the polish of Destiny. No where near it. But I can see it being fun for a while. 

@Mr.Vic20 and whoever is trying to play this at 4k/60ish while we wait for dlss:

If you want to use resolution scale on pc (missing from options and ini) you can. Edit ProfileOptions_profile and add the line: GstRender.ResolutionScale 1.0000000 and save (just keeping it in default)

From there you can change it to say 0.8000000 for 80% res scale etc. Tested this at 20% to easily confirm it works.

I watched Angry Joe stream Anthem on Twitch. He had some fun with it in 4 player co-op but he was pretty annoyed with everything else. Some of the missions on HARD are actually hard with so many respawning enemies but normal difficulty it looked like the AI was braindead, worse than Destiny. They just mostly stood around or got stuck behind rocks. Sometimes the enemies he was trying to shoot would just disappear too. The game is full of bugs apart from the connection issues. 

Other than the glitches and other problems the game is basically 3rd person Destiny but with a ton of loading screens. If you're used games where the maps have no loading zones you might be disappointed. Also the demo's econemy and loot drops were said to be inflated.The final game won't be dishing out so much loot and I can't help but think the grind will be even worse. The developers said that this demo was in part to help make people who pre-ordered more comfortable with their purchase. Are they? 

7 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Huh?

I was in the alpha and I don't recall any of the movement feeling off at all. Did they change something? I remember you walked slower in town but not to the extent that it felt terribly unnatural or anything. It ran very smoothly to boot.

Players aren't liking that you are forced to walk, you can't sprint in the town. 

7 hours ago, stepee said:

@Mr.Vic20 and whoever is trying to play this at 4k/60ish while we wait for dlss:

If you want to use resolution scale on pc (missing from options and ini) you can. Edit ProfileOptions_profile and add the line: GstRender.ResolutionScale 1.0000000 and save (just keeping it in default)

From there you can change it to say 0.8000000 for 80% res scale etc. Tested this at 20% to easily confirm it works.

DLSS inbound soon sir!

https://wccftech.com/anthem-interview/

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I know it was a long time ago but does everyone not remember all the problems Destiny had at launch with it's weird error codes and stuff? I 'member! I was in the Alpha and the game ran fine. I haven't played this Beta yet but I hope they get it together by next week when the demo goes live for everyone.

What I got to play was fun. The flying and tossing nades was very satisfying. 

52 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I know it was a long time ago but does everyone not remember all the problems Destiny had at launch with it's weird error codes and stuff? I 'member! I was in the Alpha and the game ran fine. I haven't played this Beta yet but I hope they get it together by next week when the demo goes live for everyone.

Yeah, I was watching streamers and was going wtf.  This looks way worse than the alpha.  I don't even recall it having loading screens in the mission and the one loading screen was a cinema scene.

14 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

Yeah, I was watching streamers and was going wtf.  This looks way worse than the alpha.  I don't even recall it having loading screens in the mission and the one loading screen was a cinema scene.

Told Blad last night still no friend pass codes. EA is doing a great job!  If I EVER GET A PASS I’ll send it to you. 

So I read this thread and went from damn sounds like it might actually be good and about to pre-order to lol EA fuck off. I should probably wait to make sure the game is actually playable at launch before buying. 

EA really has become a pox upon gaming. 

45 minutes ago, Dodger said:

So I read this thread and went from damn sounds like it might actually be good and about to pre-order to lol EA fuck off. I should probably wait to make sure the game is actually playable at launch before buying. 

EA really has become a pox upon gaming. 

It seems like these days when a multiplayer game launches, you are guaranteed to be playing an "early access" version. The game will surely ship playable, but maybe 2 months later it will look more finished. Followed by 6 months worth of "Look what we tweaked and added now! Yay so exciting! ". 

7 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

DLSS inbound soon sir!

https://wccftech.com/anthem-interview/

Yeah this actually makes me more nervous about when it will come out lol. They need to start launching with this shit! I was hoping the final build would launch with it, shortly after seems to be what everyone is saying about dlss support and we just keep waiting!

For games promising support shortly after, that’s just going to be my new buy date unless it’s an absolutely rock solid 4k/60 max without it. Besides this, because I have ea premier so Im getting it anyway.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Yeah this actually makes me more nervous about when it will come out lol. They need to start launching with this shit! I was hoping the final build would launch with it, shortly after seems to be what everyone is saying about dlss support and we just keep waiting!

For games promising support shortly after, that’s just going to be my new buy date unless it’s an absolutely rock solid 4k/60 max without it. Besides this, because I have ea premier so Im getting it anyway.

I'm guessing it has to do with the Training module assembled by Nvidia's AI workhorse. They probably want the very latest possible build's data to work off of + they need to do whatever duct tape voodoo they do in the driver set to bring it all together. Its likely a more coordinated, complicated, effort then they have suggest. That all conjecture of course, but since I'm sure Nvidia wants everyone using this feature, there must be some reason its slow to roll out. Perhaps future iterations of the process will somehow streamline it. [he said dreaming his little dreams, head tiled toward the sky, his eye pools of unfocused hoped] :daydream:

Edit: we are tech whores my friend, we can make any claim of restrain we want, but its likely a hollow threat! :sun:

@Mr.Vic20 Yeah, I suppose it depends on how early a game goes “Gold”, though four games with announced support (Darksiders 3, Just Cause 4, Hitman 2, and Tomb Raider) have been out months! AND they said at CES dlss for BF5 would come alongside the 2060 which still hasn’t happened.

It works so well in FF15, whatever is holding it up, it needs to get rolling soon!