Update: RIP in Peace, Anthem

skillzdadirecta

3 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

From what i've read it just increased the spawn of predator animals, and i guess it ended yesterday, cause i logged in to see what it was and found nothing, spent an hour and didn't even get a MW.

Edit: Ok, it basically just created a world event where brutes and ursix would spawn, and each event was identical to the rest.

Yeah i thought it was a World Event, but the Titans one isn't technically a world event.  

Im okay with them adding small different World Events and what not, I've seen a few new events or contract types that ive never seen before, and even if the gameplay isnt drastically different, it still is nice to have little new changes.  

Still need some new drastic changes.  

They've also acknowledged not having the bosses having a chance to drop Legenadary's is being changed cause people are just quitting out before the boss fights.

No, the changes made today do not affect bosses at the end of Strongholds.

Is this a problem? Definitely.

Are we going to be changing this? Yes!

http://blog.bioware.com/2019/03/19/anthem-post-launch-update/

Update from Casey Hudson 

Summary 

We know the launch has been rough but we are committed to perfecting the game/end game ect.  

The upcoming events that lead to the Cataclysm are really exciting, thanks for sticking with us and be prepared to see that the best is yet to come.

I'm still looking forward to whats to come and eager to see how the world "evolves" 

I've personally taken a break from the game as I know they are planning big "Loot Changes" so I figure I might as well wait to see what they are before investing huge time in getting loot that may become irrelevant.  

As we move through this most difficult period of launching a new game and IP, we are also working on the things that will really show what Anthem is capable of – a series of world events, new story content, and new features, that all build towards the Cataclysm later this spring.

But we understand there is skepticism out there.  We hear the criticisms and doubts.  But we’ll keep going anyway, working hard every day on Anthem – an ever-changing world, constantly improving and growing, and supported well into the future by our team of passionate developers.

With Anthem we’re trying something a little different than we’ve done before.  And likewise our upcoming games will be different from Anthem.  But with everything we do, we focus on staying true to our mission, creating worlds that inspire you to become the hero of your own story.  So what’s most important to us is you, the players who have supported us in this journey.  And we’re excited to prove that with Anthem, the best is yet to come.

They better do a whole lot more than "Theres more predators and for a limited time we added an event with predators," that was really really weak.  They're going to talk about the next update and content tomorrow.  I'm still playing daily but my play time is way down and because i don't really have anything else to play right now.

I haven't played for around a week now. Some of the stuff is getting stale to me. Almost level 30. Just haven't had the urge to get back into it. It happened right after I watched a video of a higher level player with a colossus build and every shot with the autocannon was doing like 900 damage. My gear is no where near that but it just made me realize no matter what power/damage you are doing, your still repeating the same content over and over. 

2 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

I haven't played for around a week now. Some of the stuff is getting stale to me. Almost level 30. Just haven't had the urge to get back into it. It happened right after I watched a video of a higher level player with a colossus build and every shot with the autocannon was doing like 900 damage. My gear is no where near that but it just made me realize no matter what power/damage you are doing, your still repeating the same content over and over. 

900 is low, i have an autocannon that hits between 1700 and 5k depending procs/debuffs, but yeah the content is extremely light right now.  New patch next week is going add story missions to contracts though i'm not sure why they're keeping the cutscenes in them, while making changes to loot and daily loot boxes or something after final bosses.  Forge will be accessible without a load screen too!  I'm also interested in them removing luck all together, its a useless stat and bad for the game if people are forced to use it to get better loot in a game about always looking for better loot...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2019/03/21/here-are-all-the-new-major-changes-coming-to-anthem-from-cosmetic-chests-to-legendary-missions/#1085a1165fe4

Legendary missions are revamped, souped-up versions of story missions which previously, you could never repeat after beating the campaign which obviously feels like a waste. They come with a chest at the end and one “legendary” enemy like a Titan or Ursix inserted that will soon have even better drop rates. Though in the demo, they ran an entire mission on GM1without a single masterwork dropping. Seems weird to not even guarantee one like a contract or stronghold. Also, they are keeping the cutscenes that play in the middle of missions which they said was “cool” but everyone is going to hate that, trust me.

The game is introducing “Elysian Chests” which will appear at the end of strongholds after you kill a boss. They require a key to open, and you can get one key a day from a daily challenge that will rotate. Everyone gets an item if one person opens the chest with a key. Four people get four items if everyone has a key. It was a little cryptic what exactly would be in these chests. Obviously everyone is thinking armor, which should be in there (though that wasn’t said explicitly), but there are also crafting material bundles and probably things like individual decals. I’m wondering how big the loot pool will be for these chests and what will be in them.

Strongholds will no longer put players in after two minutes, preventing the “joining only for the boss” problem we’ve seen recently. Bosses also now have a chance to drop legendary items, not just masterworks.

They think they’ve fixed a lot of the problems with Quickplay, but one change is that you can’t join a Quickplay mission after 15 minutes, preventing people from getting stuck in broken instance loops.

Javelin flight speed has been increased and it will take longer to overheat and less time to recover from overheating. Thank the lord. Honestly I would not be sad if they got rid of the overheat mechanic entirely and just let us fly around. Maybe we’ll get there someday.

There are more Universal Masterwork Components coming. They talked about one where if you hit someone with 7 shotgun pullets it would automatically apply an acid effect. Not sure if the defense/shield stats on these have been fixed.

A good amount of skills and components got buffed. Examples given were the component that gave Colossus heat reduction when taking damage. Now it just increases your damage when taking damage. Or the named Flamethrower that got damage on kill now gets damage on hit instead.

PC is getting an FOV slider for each type of gameplay, fighting, flying, swimming, etc.

You can now hold the melee button to chain melee with Interceptor.

You can now access the Forge without a loading screen. Thank the lord. That’s like, pretty basic stuff, but I’m glad this wasn’t an impossible change to make somehow.

They seemed unsure about whether the health bug was totally fixed or not for this patch, which I am concerned about given that it’s the only thing reliably preventing me from moving up GM tiers. I guess we’ll have to see what happens there.

Not in this patch:

They were asked about new enemy types, story content and new javelins, and said that yes, those are coming, but that appears to be decently far away, as you would expect from new DLC.

They are making masterwork/legendary support items but they’re not ready yet.

They are thinking about the concept of luck and it’s implied it may be changed/removed at some point.

No word on minimum power requirements for GM1-3 content. I don’t think anyone asked this question.

They are working on longer term fixes for enemy scaling issues which they say are complicated. I am not clear on whether they have fixed the thing where removing your support item boosts your damage because it increases your overall power level. Need to check on that.

Anthem had $100 million in digital sales, only 3.5 million of it is microtransactions, so a lot of people bought the game digitally, but not many are buying any of the in game stuff with money.  Compare that to Apex's 93 million in digital sales.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2019/03/22/what-to-make-of-anthems-surprise-100-million-in-digital-revenue/#75eea6a84329

Patch hit today, health bug was fixed and apparently some inscriptions weren't loading at times causing you to have massive fluctuations in health/shields lol. Almost every masterwork/legendary was made more useful or better, and drop rates of legendary boss enemies increased along with wolrd event chests and adding legendaries to stronghold bosses. 

Haven't tried yet but will give it a play later. 

• Like 1

Played for about an hour this morning, half of it legendary contracts, where i got squat, and the other half in freeplay GM2, got a legendary after about 20 minutes, and a lot of the MW/Legendary effects are better, like instead of Titans Hail triggering combos over the regular burst motar, each hit triggers a large explosion or their own combos now, the flamethrower now procs on hits instead of kills which was basically impossible before on the harder difficulties.  The forge is now instant and accessible from anywhere in the city from the escape menu, and instantly loads after missions which is really nice.  Overall though there still isn't a whole lot to do and i felt no reason to do legendary missions, which are beefed up story missions including cutscenes and all as they apparently don't guarantee legendaries and are just a band aid to the fact there isn't much to do.

I was reading on reddit that they fucked the loot up even more with this patch. MW are now not guaranteed drops from SH bosses bc they added in the ability for a legendary to drop. Other players can now collect your loot for you (still goes to you, but they are picking it up). 

So I did a stronghold on gm2, got a legendary out of a chest, and can confirm bosses no longer drop as many masterworks, tyrant dropped 3 purples and 1 MW. . All in all though I got 2 legendaries today in about an hour and a half of play, which is better than I got all last week, though I scrapped one of them. 

ive taken a break til they get more content.  I will fire it up again to check out the caches, but when I read no new armor, just emotes and vinyls and stuff, i wasn't too thrilled.  

I've been wrapped up with a lot of Apex actually with a side of Division.  Still really enjoy Anthem but for now I can wait til they add more real content.

I stopped playing because I felt like I was spending too long looking at boring loading screens. Then when I did play O was rewarded with the same MW items I had been given a dozen times over that I either do not need or won’t use. Meanwhile I still have not gotten a Winter’s Wraith ability MW. So I cannot use that with Thousand Suns. 

It it just doesn’t feel worth it. Let down rewards and long periods of waiting to try again. Boooi

13 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I stopped playing because I felt like I was spending too long looking at boring loading screens. Then when I did play O was rewarded with the same MW items I had been given a dozen times over that I either do not need or won’t use. Meanwhile I still have not gotten a Winter’s Wraith ability MW. So I cannot use that with Thousand Suns. 

It it just doesn’t feel worth it. Let down rewards and long periods of waiting to try again. Boooi

Thinking about it, the load times are probably the reason why I haven't been back for a few weeks now. It's the only game I've played in recent years where I make sure to have my phone at my side so at each load screen I have something to do. 

14 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I pretty much feel the same way. I didn't think The Division 2 was going to expose this game as much as it has... Like it feels pointless to try for legendaries now because I have no idea what the best way to get them is. And I refuse to play the same content over and over again... if they could improve free roam and the activites there and the drop rates, I would feel a LOT better about putting time into the game.  

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.ea.com/games/anthem/news/patch-110?utm_campaign=anth_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_110-042318&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cid=58014&ts=1556038594502

Some nice changes here, notably 

- Can now go to Forge while in a mission, and change your loadout 

- Can now launch into a new mission from the End Mission screen, no need to go back to the fort.  

Those 2 alone should eliminate tons of needless loading screens.  That as well as the previous update of having the Forge in the menu now with no load time, they really did eliminate almost all of the initial load screen issues.  

They launched The Sunken stronghold as well.

Content wise ill check out the Stronghold, but still okay with waiting until they get the loot redesign out that they discussed before.  

Played the new Stronghold last night and it was super fun. The sheer size of it is massive and the boss at the end is truly deserving of the word Boss. 

Noticed the gear level seems glitched now as everyone was listed as a “legendary javelin” even though some of us weren’t a high enough level. 

Also noticed that all of my Colusses components sheild and armor(masterworks) had dropped from 5k or whatever they were before down to 700/300 respectively? I need to go read the patch notes to see if this was a glitch or a real change. My Epic components had higher armor/shields than my masterworks. 

2 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Played the new Stronghold last night and it was super fun. The sheer size of it is massive and the boss at the end is truly deserving of the word Boss. 

Noticed the gear level seems glitched now as everyone was listed as a “legendary javelin” even though some of us weren’t a high enough level. 

Also noticed that all of my Colusses components sheild and armor(masterworks) had dropped from 5k or whatever they were before down to 700/300 respectively? I need to go read the patch notes to see if this was a glitch or a real change. My Epic components had higher armor/shields than my masterworks. 

I noticed the Legendary thing too but wasn't sure.