Update: RIP in Peace, Anthem

skillzdadirecta

I'm about to hit Lvl 30, with 1 Masterwork Machine Pistol, rest purples.

After you ht like Lvl 20ish you'll start quickly moving to all purples.  

People complain about how repetitive it is, but compare it to any other Looter Shooter, and how is it any less reptitive.  If anything I feel they way they handle world events and Free Roam makes it feel far less repetitive than most.  

Diablo, arguably the king of a Looter genre, literally has essentially 2 enemy types gameplay wise.  Modifiers on enemies apply to any type of enemy, so really the only difference from enemy to enemy is what they look like on screen, not their attacks, its just the modifiers.   The gameplay loop essentially is always the same point and click.  Variety is combat is essentially non existant.  I found Destiny did a good job of making the gameplay in a Looter fun, because it forced you to think more, combat had more variety, and the co-op aspect was really fun.  I think they failed on the part of exploration though, as exploring for the most part never was rewarded.  

I feel that Anthem's gameplay is really really really good for this style game, as you literally have 4 different classes that play drastically different in most cases, and force you to play each mission mostly entirely different.  It makes repeating the same content far more rewarding when you feel like youre experiencing it in a different way. 

You also have the fact you dont have to repeat the same content 3 times to run different "Characters" like Destiny or Diablo forced you to.  You play through once, and get to level up each class pretty much in line with eachother, forcing you to just search for each class specific items.  Maybe thats why people are complaining about not enough content in this game even though I feel like it feels far larger than a lot of Looters.  You only have to play the content once, not 3 times, or even more in Diablo's case.  If they forced you to create 4 new characters to have each Javelin maybe they'd be better off for some gamers that are bitching after 80+ hours of playtime in a 7 days they have almost fully maxed characters.  

My Masterwork Machine Pistol gets a 125% Damage boost to everything for like 5 seconds if you shoot something point blank with it, and also one of its random rolls is +115% Weapon Damage, so its putting out 550+ Damage per bullet for 54 bullet clip up close, it melts enemies, then pair that with my Interceptor Melee combos to get in close, and its a blast to play with.  Completely changed up my play style to include my gun in combat now right so late in the game.  I'm looking forward to getting some Masterwork Components.  I think they have Legendary and Masterwork varieties for all slots except Support right now.  

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’m officially addicted to this damn game. lol 

Had to take a break to shower and go out with the fam for dinner. But I’ll be right back on this when I get home tonight. 

Also so do you have to go somewhere in settings to turn HDR on it is it automatically on if your TV has it? @skillzdadirecta

I think it's automatic... every game I have that supports it just turns it on for my TV. And I'm getting in as much game time as I can for the net couple of hours... linking up with the lady for a dinner and a movie tonight and will be with her and her family all day tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

Just had a Masterwork drop off a regular enemy during a Hard Stronghold.  Always love those surprises that pop up randomly.  Hated Destiny how the only way to get Exotics were end of Nightfalls or Raids, the OG Destiny.

Also, build diversity comes through even more with the Consumables, dont forget to use those everytime as well for extra shield, faster gear charging, ect. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Yeah I just unlocked the Tomb mission. 2 of the tombs were already completely done. One just needs world events. And the other needs chests...which admitedtly will be kinda tough but this isn’t nearly as ridiculous as everyone said. 

You can fly around Freeplay and just find random chests, World Events reward you with one chest, and Strongholds have 2 each I think? It might take a bit but it shouldn't be too crazy hard. Especially if you set Freeplay to easy and just blast through World Events with glee.

5 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Yeah I just unlocked the Tomb mission. 2 of the tombs were already completely done. One just needs world events. And the other needs chests...which admitedtly will be kinda tough but this isn’t nearly as ridiculous as everyone said. 

It was never that bad true. With the recent patch though they started tracking those requirements from lvl 3 instead of lvl 8, so it is even easier now. 

2 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

You get a chest at the end of successful world events... that's how I got mine done. Just kept doing world events and there's almost always a world event occurring near a tomb. I didn't even find any chest free roaming. Ironically,  the chests and the multi kill challenge took me the longest to do and where the last two I needed to do today before I finished that quest.

Drop Rates seem to be just right, seem to get a Masterwork roughly each time I run a Stronghold or Contract on Grandmaster, not every time, but prob 80% of them so far.  Still no Legendary drops yet. 

The loot is more interesting than I initially thought it might be, some pretty cool perks so far.  Having Masterwork Components and Skills with the special perks can really change up a build, so def looking forward to finding more.  

22 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

You can track the challenges in your journal. It's mostly stuff you are going to do along the way like harvesting minerals, reviving teammates, opening chests, killing a bunch of stuff like scar and animals.

Ahhhhhh so does it list the requirements in the journal?

5 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Ahhhhhh so does it list the requirements in the journal?

Yeah. It's buried kinda weird, but it's in there. You can also check each tomb individually if you happen to be near one.

Multi-kills in this game are a bit of a misnomer, by the way. It's more like chain kills. A proper multi-kill is getting 8 kills within 10 seconds, but the 10 second timer resets back to 10 after each kill, so they're really easy to get as long as you have a lot of enemies and keep killing things.

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Do you just need to locate each tomb on the map or explore each one @Xbob42

You need to get inside each one. There's not much to explore. Each one is very literally just a tomb, i.e. one room with a sarcophagus in it. Getting in is impossible without completing each tomb's challenges, though.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

You need to get inside each one. There's not much to explore. Each one is very literally just a tomb, i.e. one room with a sarcophagus in it. Getting in is impossible without completing each tomb's challenges, though.

Jumping on now to do this. 👍🏻

3 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Yeah. It's buried kinda weird, but it's in there. You can also check each tomb individually if you happen to be near one.

Multi-kills in this game are a bit of a misnomer, by the way. It's more like chain kills. A proper multi-kill is getting 8 kills within 10 seconds, but the 10 second timer resets back to 10 after each kill, so they're really easy to get as long as you have a lot of enemies and keep killing things.

That's what was throwing me off about the multi kills... I kept killing groups of enemies and wasn't getting it and couldn't figure our why. It's more like chain kills, killing a bunch of enemy in succession rather killing more than two enemies at once.