Update: RIP in Peace, Anthem

skillzdadirecta

So saw in a couple videos, BioWare heard some of the feedback from the demo that the Colossus felt under powered compared to the other Javelins, so BioWare looked at it and buffed the Colossus in the early game. 

The Ranger also has an interesting buff too in that it will be the only class that gets access to a weapon that penetrates enemy shields.   

30 minutes ago, atom631 said:

Im actually glad I have to wait another week to play on console. I need to finish the epilogues of RDR2. Im off next week, so it gives me plenty of time to tackle. 

however, please post impressions!!! really hoping this game lives up to the hype. 

Mine is pre-loaded for next week. But I’m the same as you, I’m trying to make some headway in Dragon Quest and a Tales of Vesperia this week.  

and the servers are down again! :lol:

https://www.vg247.com/2019/02/15/anthem-pre-load-official-early-access-launch-pc-ps4-xbox-one/

According to this article (a clone of several other articles so the info is stock EA PR) I should have been able to hop into Anthem at 10am EST. But just like the beta, no servers available! Good stuff, definitely the impression you want to leave with you "Premier Access" Clientele!  

Now that everything is working smoothly, the game is very fun, combat is suitably intense, the the game is most definitely story driven, with all the whimsy and melodrama that you would expect! IF they maintain this pacing throughout the main game then this will be a real treat! The music and voice acting are all great as well! You can sprint in Tarsis and that is a bigger deal than those who have not played the beta would understand. The world is gorgeo us! Especially for those playing in 4K ultra! Its so beautiful, and the combat is so colorful and explosive, that I actually want an option to pull the camera back a touch at times so that I can A.) soak it all in and get a better tactical lay of the land, and B.) not feel like I took shrooms, then hopped in a roller-coaster cruising down Kaleidoscopic Death Mountain! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, nublood said:

Any console users in here have the full game yet? Does it run noticeably better than the demo?

I was coming here to post that so far it runs MUCH better than the demo... runs pretty much as well as the closed Alpha I was in which rant better than the Beta. It was running fine... until it crashed halfway through the first mission:p Restarting now. Also full disclosure, I played the Alpha on my X1X, I played the Beta on the X1S. Games in general run better on the 1X than the S. Look better too...

14 minutes ago, nublood said:

Any console users in here have the full game yet? Does it run noticeably better than the demo?

Fort Tarsis is smooth now, no hitchy framerates.  No issues at all with performance so far for me.  I'm also not hugely picky on framerates so i dont really notice small dips though.

I'm loving it so far.

This doesn’t feel like the same game I played a few weeks ago. Controls better, runs better, is fun to play. That ping you get from activating a combo is super satisfying. Story feels compelling. Played 2 hours so far let’s see how this holds up. 

On Origin I’m Anzo42 feel free to add me. 

6 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Fort Tarsis is smooth now, no hitchy framerates.  No issues at all with performance so far for me.  I'm also not hugely picky on framerates so i dont really notice small dips though.

I'm loving it so far.

3 minutes ago, Anzo said:

This doesn’t feel like the same game I played a few weeks ago. Controls better, runs better, is fun to play. That ping you get from activating a combo is super satisfying. Story feels compelling. Played 2 hours so far let’s see how this holds up. 

On Origin I’m Anzo42 feel free to add me. 

spending itch intensifies...

Yeah, its absolutely beautiful.  The world they created makes me want to explore, but dumb 10 hour limit..... UGH.  If I preorder the damn game let me keep playing, you have the sale already, why limit me to 10 hours.

Even small tasks, like scavenging materials has purpose.  It all contributes towards faction rating, and I even found 800 coins once randomly scavenging a plant.  (I'm not sure I hit some Milestone on a challenge to get that, or if you can randomly get coins used to buy the cosmetics form just exploring and scavenging).  Weekly Faction rewards give you coins as well, and it seems like the more people on your friends list, the more coins you get as well based on their contributions to the weekly score.

It looks like theres a lot to do, and a lot to really dive into.  So far so good.  

Had to force myself to stop playing.

Only concern so far is its felt far too easy, even on Hard.  But it is very early into the game.

Decided to pick this up with Origin Premier 

The demo left a sour taste in my mouth due to the terrible frame issues on console. PC version is far and away the better version for me. Outdoors I am running between 70 and 90 fps and indoors about 100. The  smoother fps made the game play feel better overall and visually the game looks very good. Ill play it for a month but the kill.loot.repeat doesnt do much for me and the enemy AI still seems to be brain dead.

14 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Only concern so far is its felt far too easy, even on Hard.  But it is very early into the game.

Yup, there is no challenge on normal or hard.