Update: RIP in Peace, Anthem

skillzdadirecta

Meh, not worried. There were more than 60 people playing the Alpha test, was smooth. Didn't have issues with free roam either...did find some big baddies, but that's why there are other players in the world with you.

There were some bugs, but I can't wait to try out the demo and see what they've done since then.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Well I can say this... If I'm playing this game it'll be on my Pc as in ps4 this feels awful, ffs it just feels bad 

It feels sub 30 fps, walking thru town was absolutely brutal.. I wanted cry after like a minute it's so slow and wonky feeling 

Do you have the Pro? I guessing the 30FPS target is based on that unit. 

Yea the base is awful, feels like fucking walking around the original Morrowind speed wise lol 

But the gunplay and in field battle is actually a hell of a lot more fun than I totally expected going in. 

It's still rough but this gives me alot more hope that's for sure. 

Flying is really cool and a nice touch, and the air combat feels badass 

7 minutes ago, Biggie said:

At least you got it. lol 

That is true :thinking:

Well overall if this was an older build I don't think they should have used this honestly, people are way more cutthroat at being a game critic than I am and I feel it's not going to represent the game well. 

The combat felt fun but overall I'm not frothing at the mount for this release, I'll either A. Get the ea pass or whatever that sub is for 15 bucks and play it on Pc or B. I will still buy the regular ps4 version and just sell it quick if I think the game hasnt changed much. 

Key points for me is the combat and flight is better than I thought, but the overall game just doesn't feel great and maybe thats because it's an older build, but I mean I think they said December... So that's a month ago, how much could it have changed? 

Destiny 2 despite the shit its received, technically blows this away on all levels currently 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Who makes a game about FLYING ROBOTS that BLOW SHIT UP and thinks, We won't need a lot of servers! 

I know right? I’ll try again around 8 tonight. They better have that shit up and running by then. Fucking EA. I should’ve known better. 

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I know right? I’ll try again around 8 tonight. They better have that shit up and running by then. Fucking EA. I should’ve known better. 

They've revealed the "Anthem of Creation" and the "Anthem of Destruction", now behold the "Anthem of Waiting"! :daydream:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Server issues will be the least of their worries once its ironed out, I don't think this demo will do them justice ultimately. Overall it's EA quality thru and thru, feels rushed, unfinished etc... 

EA has ruined so many games its just sad. 

Wish I hadn’t pre-ordered it. :/ 

22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Server issues will be the least of their worries once its ironed out, I don't think this demo will do them justice ultimately. Overall it's EA quality thru and thru, feels rushed, unfinished etc... 

EA has ruined so many games its just sad. 

Gaming would literally be better without EA. We need more Sony Santa Monicas, Guerilla Games, CD Projekt Reds, From Softwares, etc etc.

Update: it appears that EA is "self-DDOSing" its own servers:

"So I’m the guy on GAF who did the packet captures of No Man’s Sky at launch to prove it had no multiplayer.

I did packet capture on Anthem and it has the opposite problem. If it fails to connect it floods their servers trying to reconnect. They’ve created a condition where they’re DDoS themselves, and EA."

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Update: it appears that EA is "self-DDOSing" its own servers:

"So I’m the guy on GAF who did the packet captures of No Man’s Sky at launch to prove it had no multiplayer.

I did packet capture on Anthem and it has the opposite problem. If it fails to connect it floods their servers trying to reconnect. They’ve created a condition where they’re DDoS themselves, and EA."

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5bc8f0e76d6b696451

• Haha 2