Update: RIP in Peace, Anthem

skillzdadirecta

1 minute ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Yeah, though I find them a bit disingenuous when they are talking like Anthem is in BIG trouble because of its lack of end game, while still making daily Destiny 2 videos 

There will always be those that say a game doesn’t have enough end game, not matter how much there is. 

There's a lot of resentment of this game from Destiny fanboys... not so much from The Division or Warframe guys, But Destiny?  Some of their hardcore fan base is VERY threatened.

I gave it another chance and tried the demo again last night. Man, I am just not feeling it. I'm really surprised because I thought I would like it. It has everything I like in video games. Loot, 3rd person perspective, RPG elements, freakin flying mechsuits, sci fi setting, and an actual story. I thought it would be everything I wanted Destiny to be. But for whatever reason it's just not clicking with me. But if the full version fixes the bugs and technical issues, I may come back to it one day. Maybe I'm just in a weird place and need to re-visit the game when the dust settles. lol

5 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

There's a lot of resentment of this game from Destiny fanboys... not so much from The Division or Warframe guys, But Destiny?  Some of their hardcore fan base is VERY threatened.

Or you could just accept that some people are disappointed with the experience of the demo.  On PC, at least, it had numerous technical difficulties -- bad mouse controls (they were applying acceleration to mouse inputs, and had bad bounding boxes for flying -- BioWare has acknowledged both), crappy framerate (which even turning down the graphical settings didn't seem to fix), excessive loading between areas and crashes to desktop.  If you didn't experience that, that's OK, but don't try to minimize the experience from other gamers who had a less positive experience from the demo than you did.

3 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

Or you could just accept that some people are disappointed with the experience of the demo.  On PC, at least, it had numerous technical difficulties -- bad mouse controls (they were applying acceleration to mouse inputs, and had bad bounding boxes for flying -- BioWare has acknowledged both), crappy framerate (which even turning down the graphical settings didn't seem to fix), excessive loading between areas and crashes to desktop.  If you didn't experience that, that's OK, but don't try to minimize the experience from other gamers who had a less positive experience from the demo than you did.

Which is why I said "some"... if I meant it as a blanket statement I would have said "all".

7 hours ago, Brick said:

I'm wondering if this game should be delayed a month. 

I'm looking forward to it, but I'd want the best experience possible. I'll probably wait a month or so anyway. I hope it does well. 

The Division 2 comes out next month so I don’t see that happening. 

Continuing the series, this gameplay video showcases your first story in Anthem, along with javelin personalization and a look at the expanding world of Anthem and its endgame content. Game Director Jonathan Warner walks you through some of the contracts, Strongholds, and endgame content that will constantly offer new challenges for you to test your skills against.

3 hours ago, Pikachu said:

so Cataclysm is coming post-launch sometime and will be world-changing? that sounds pretty sweet. They didnt mention anything about a "raid"...but it sounds like cataclysm will be made up of multiple public events and missions - maybe its their new take on a raid? 

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Somebody should tell Digital Foundry. They keep releasing Anthemo demo analysis videos, even had a new one just a day ago. It’s a known old build, that we’re not going to see ever again. 

Give them a break, DF is just trying to stay relevant in the sensationalistic outrage cultured youtube lands. 

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I just realized that the 15th and 22nd are Fridays. 

That sucks. I do not have a traditional M-F work schedule right now. My days off are Tuesday through Thursday. I’m barely going to get to play Anthem when it comes out. :( 

Lol I’m in the same boat. I HATE Friday releases. 

2 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

That sucks. I do not have a traditional M-F work schedule right now. My days off are Tuesday through Thursday. I’m barely going to get to play Anthem when it comes out. :( 

48 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Lol I’m in the same boat. I HATE Friday releases. 

You will both have plenty of time for sleep when your dead. PLAY THE GAME!

On 2/10/2019 at 8:01 AM, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Since I do have a traditional M-F schedule, I'm loving that I'll be able to play Crackdown 3 and Far Cry New Dawn all weekend this weekend instead of having to wait until Tuesday. I don't know why Tuesday became the standard release day for everything. I don't have a ton of time to game during the week, so when a game comes out Tuesday I'm lucky if I get like 5 hours of time to play it by the time the weekend rolls around anyway.