Update: RIP in Peace, Anthem

skillzdadirecta

5 hours ago, mikechorney said:

Overheating < Sparrow for moving around the level

There are components you can equip that increase the heat capacity so you can fly longer. There’s a bunch of component slots in the full game, I’m sure everyone will be running at least one slot with a heat sink

also, if you fly low over water, it will cooldown the javelin so you don’t over heat. 

Also, if you are flying high up, if you do a dive bomb, it also cools you down. 

Plenty of ways to stay flying longer. 

3 hours ago, Man_of_X said:

Played the demo this afternoon for several hours without a hitch.  Played as a Storm which felt fucking great.  Didn't notice any sizable framerate drop playing on peasant PS4. 

I played it on my Xbox S at my parents house and it ran MUCH better than it did last week. I think I had ONE hiccup my whole playthrough. Tried the Storm and was really feeling it, but didn't get too much time playing with the class because my niece unplugged the system before I could get a feel for it. Right now though, I'd rank the Javellins in order of my personal preference, Interceptor>Ranger>Colossus>Storm. Will really enjoy this when I get back to my home system and play this on the Bone X on my 4K TV. Can't WAIT for the full release.

1 hour ago, atom631 said:

There are components you can equip that increase the heat capacity so you can fly longer. There’s a bunch of component slots in the full game, I’m sure everyone will be running at least one slot with a heat sink

also, if you fly low over water, it will cooldown the javelin so you don’t over heat. 

Also, if you are flying high up, if you do a dive bomb, it also cools you down. 

Plenty of ways to stay flying longer. 

This update also has better rain effects and when flying in the rain it can help cool your jets too. 

The sparrows in Destiny are cool speeder bikes but aren't great at anything other than travel. Ride them near enemies and they become bullet magnets. Plus they can't go everywhere. You can fly everywhere with a Javelin and flying is part of combat. 

3 hours ago, atom631 said:

Ugh. This was fucking annoying. Playing the stronghold on hard, get past the first two sections to where you enter the caves. Dude goes fucking afk and the game wouldn’t advance without him and there’s no way to boot someone in the expedition. Had to quit. Bullshit!! 

They already said they are aware of this and will have a fix.  

You on Xbox? 

I only played on Hard on all the demo.  It’s tough but not crazy.  Does require teamwork.to teamfire enemies.  I did the Hard Stringhold with both an Interceptor and Ranger.  Such a different experience each time.  

Interceptor is essily my go to.  I feel I can solo the best with that class.   Ranger I def needed help to take down tougher enemies. 

I plan on trying the interceptor, but I love love love the Storm. 

Got it one of my friends who has not been sold on Anthem to try the demo and now he’s sold. He gave up on Destiny before Forsaken came out. So glad I’ll have a buddy to play with again. 

The storm felt like so much fun in taking out groups of enemies, and that Ultimate felt so satisfying. 

We tried the stronghold, but the servers shut off before we finished. It felt like we were under leveled/geared for the difficiculty. We will probably try it again with the difficulty knocked down a peg. Get some better drops and then pump the difficulty back up. 

10 hours ago, Dexterryu said:

How are the PC Mouse controls for flying? When I played before they were way too touchy even at 0% sensitivity (like a 3" 360 on 400dpi). It was really hard to control.

I didn't notice any difference from the Alpha.  That said, I got used to flying with the mouse.  I can imagine that a few hours of practice will make everything better.

If anyone on Xbox wants to run m the stronghold on Hard just @ me here or add me on Xbox.  I ran through the stronghold with the Colussus last night and it was by far my hardest run.  I was just so used to dodging that the Shield kept messing me up.  By the end of it I was way more comfortable.  

11 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

I tried doing a stronghold mission but 5 minutes in, my 3 other teammates ended up leaving. I tried to keep playing but the game never seemed to add any new players so I had to quit. Anybody know if it's supposed to fill the squad back up, or are you just boned if people leave? 

Almost made it to lvl 15.

You're boned in strongholds. I've never had all 3 teammates leave, usually just one, though. I *think* the enemies scale based on how many teammates you have with you? I noticed that when one leaves the group it takes less hits to take down enemies, but it could be my imagination. :p 

6 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

They already said they are aware of this and will have a fix.  

You on Xbox? 

I only played on Hard on all the demo.  It’s tough but not crazy.  Does require teamwork.to teamfire enemies.  I did the Hard Stringhold with both an Interceptor and Ranger.  Such a different experience each time.  

Interceptor is essily my go to.  I feel I can solo the best with that class.   Ranger I def needed help to take down tougher enemies. 

I am on Xbox. Definitely need to play when the game comes out. I’m done with the demo for now. Got what i needed out of it. 

Just completed it on hard with a really solid group of players. It was a mixed bunch of classes (2 storms, ranger(me) and an interceptor). No one seems to run the colossus. Bungie needs to look at that class and maybe give it a little love. 

Really excited for this game. It’s shaping up to exactly what I hoped.  

9 minutes ago, atom631 said:

I am on Xbox. Definitely need to play when the game comes out. I’m done with the demo for now. Got what i needed out of it. 

Just completed it on hard with a really solid group of players. It was a mixed bunch of classes (2 storms, ranger(me) and an interceptor). No one seems to run the colossus. Bungie needs to look at that class and maybe give it a little love.

Wut???

I've warmed to the game more now that I played a different class. Storm is fun. They need to change the flying to be 1:1 for Mouse and KB. Perhaps they've already said they will do that. 

17 minutes ago, atom631 said:

Hmmm... I did a stronghold with TWO Colossus'. I was a Storm and there was a Ranger. I see plenty of Colossus players in my runs. I got a handle on the Storm and it IS fun. Hard to say if I have a preference at this point. I'll be off and on all day and look for some of you guys... I don't have a mic though.

11 minutes ago, Anzo said:

Wut???

I've warmed to the game more now that I played a different class. Storm is fun. They need to change the flying to be 1:1 for Mouse and KB. Perhaps they've already said they will do that. 

I haven’t tried it, but the 2 or 3 people i played with said the colossus class wasn’t fun or even good. And of all the stronghold runs I did, i can’t recall one instance were I saw someone running the class. 

Just now, atom631 said:

I haven’t tried it, but the 2 or 3 people i played with said the colossus class wasn’t fun or even good. And of all the stronghold runs I did, i can’t recall one instance were I saw someone running the class. 

Like I said, between the VIP demo last week and what I've played this week, there are plenty of Colossus players. The Class definitely takes some getting used to opposed to the other classes because you're not nearly as mobile. But you make up for it with durability and fire power. I've seen a decent mix of all the classes to be honest.

22 minutes ago, atom631 said:

I get that. My wut was about Bungie. They didn’t make this game. 😝

• Haha 2

I have seen a decent mix of Colossus in my teams as well, last night when I ran the Stronghold there were 2 of us in there.  I'd say thus far its the highest learning curve, just because mobility is used so much to avoid damage, that he def requires a whole different thought process.  As I said, by the end of the match, I felt a lot more comfortable.  I also haven't messed around with many builds for him as well.  

What I do love is all 3 of the classes I played so far were all so drastically different.  My biggest complaint about Destiny was each class felt identical.  

The core of the game is there for me, now can the execute on the content and end game?

I know they promised all future content to be free due to the Micro-transactions for cosmetics.  Hopefully they keep new stuff coming out quick.

The colossus clan either be a a big wall to absorb damage, or use some very big guns to do very high damage. At least from seeing my friend play it. His heavy weapons just destroy armored enemies. I kept seeing him two shot turrets in the strong hold. 

He loves the ground pound melee too. Very early impressions, but so far it is everything he wanted a Titan to be in Destiny. Which is how I feel about Storms and warlocks.  

9 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

The colossus clan either be a a big wall to absorb damage, or use some very big guns to do very high damage. At least from seeing my friend play it. His heavy weapons just destroy armored enemies. I kept seeing him two shot turrets in the strong hold. 

He loves the ground pound melee too. Very early impressions, but so far it is everything he wanted a Titan to be in Destiny. Which is how I feel about Storms and warlocks.  

If you build your Colossus to be a tank, there's abilities it can use to draw enemy aggro. Couple with support from the other classes, the Colossus could be an essential part to a squad. I plan on getting decent with him. There's a lot of diversity in builds to this game and loot seems to actually matter. 

I plan on putting in time with all the classes, they all play uniquely so it's fun to play.  Doing the same Stronghold feels pretty unique depending on my Javelin which is cool

As the Interceptor I largely flanked around the outskirts taking out the snipers and trying to take out the Turrets with my freeze glaive and melee's.  

As the Ranger I kind of stayed more central and supported the Colussus's with extra firepower to take down enemies that they were aggroing.

As the Colussus I kind of slowly progressed into the zone trying to take enemies down one by one.  

I'll try the Storm later.  As I got more comfortable with each class, they all were fun in their unique way. 

- Nevermind, the Colussus specific Mods have huge boosts in Shield and Armor, which really helps him perform as intended.

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

If you build your Colossus to be a tank, there's abilities it can use to draw enemy aggro. Couple with support from the other classes, the Colossus could be an essential part to a squad. I plan on getting decent with him. There's a lot of diversity in builds to this game and loot seems to actually matter. 

Yeah, my friend was saying there was a taunt ability. I was like “You can pull agro!” He was like “fuck yeah I can! Imagine that”. Lol

like I said, these classes are shaping up to be everything we wanted the classes in D2 to be. Which they probably could, if Bungie wasn’t so preoccupied with balancing for PVP. 

Good on Bioware for not falling into that trap. Designing actual classes that just feel powerful. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Yeah, my friend was saying there was a taunt ability. I was like “You can pull agro!” He was like “fuck yeah I can! Imagine that”. Lol

like I said, these classes are shaping up to be everything we wanted the classes in D2 to be. Which they probably could, if Bungie wasn’t so preoccupied with balancing for PVP. 

Good on Bioware for not falling into that trap. Designing actual classes that just feel powerful. 

For sure.  My biggest complaint about Destiny 1 was that each class played pretty much identical.  I was shocked the first time when I went from Hunter to Titan to Warlock, and all movement and combat abilities and grenadess all were more or less identical.  Then seeing the building of each character within it's class options was so limited too.  Cookie Cutter builds with barely any variety.  Then when Destiny 2 came out I was hoping they'd address it, and it felt identical.

So far, it feels like they nailed the unique feel of each in Anthem.  I really look forward to seeing the full package now.

*Having 6 mod slots avaialbe, (I think it was 6) will also add a lot of tough choices, and the fact you can stack the same mods. 

I've also noticed a lot of what the developers mention is "At Launch".  Like right now each class seems to only have a choice of 2 Support abilities each, but they say at launch.  The way they have them as simple items that are equipable make its so they can hopefully add more options quickly as the game lives on, just expanding on the variety of builds.  

Also the engagement of the entire development team on Twitter thus far has been very good.  They have been responding to people bringing up bugs pretty quickly.  Makes me have a lot of hope for the post launch support being on point.

I really like Ranger and Storm classes, I didn’t really click with the Colossus because there’s no energy shield (I know you can pull out that metal one) and there are a lot of near death moments I squeeked through as the aforementioned classes by ducking for cover and letting the shield regenerate. It’s not a bad class and can certainly be super powerful, just not for me.

Gave it a shot today, the initial impressions are:

-Graphics are good

-Why can't you move faster in the base area?

-Combat seemed very generic, not as refined as Destiny 2 and it reminds me of some of the older MMO's I used to play but I can't recall which ones exactly.  I was left with a bit of a "meh" feel.

-Combat also felt very busy, disorienting and monsters didn't really feel like they "popped out", it also felt like combat was far removed, probably due to the third person perspective.  I can't really describe it, but it isn't like normal Destiny 2 or most normal shooters.  

-Flying is cool but I mouse fly, so need to tune it in a bit better.  Either way, it is neat to just fly wherever you want.  

-Can this be played in First Person?  I didn't really look and will assume you can't.

-Verticality of levels is a nice break from flat level design.

-I didn't really get into the inventory display to be able to change my weapons/armors and look at stats (if they exist).   Guessing that opens up as you play or something?  No idea.

Overall, the game left me feeling "meh".  It looks pretty and flying is cool, but it feels very generic and combat is a bit of a mess IMO.  

I plan to give it a bit more time in the Demo, but so far, what is here doesn't really excite me.  Maybe that will change.

The starter Javelin can feel kind of generic, because it kind of is. Probably by design so it can “break you in” and to have one for the players that prefer a more basic mech. Like I said in another post. It’s the Soldier 76 Javelins. 

It’s the “generic white guy with short hair and assault” class. For Monster Hunter fans, it’s the sword and shield. 

Odds are one of the other Javelins will be closer to a play style that clicks. Or not and sadly the game won’t be for you @Mithan  :(

I pre-ordered this on PS4 today. I only trickle play Destiny 2 now. I get on and shoot a couple of enemies and then wonder why I'm playing then log off. There's nothing to do anymore but chase Destiny 1 weapons. I'm looking forward to min-maxing Javelins and testing out different loadouts. You really can't do that in Destiny. Every character is nearly the same. 

• Like 1

I just tried the demo and not really impressed. To me, it feels like this game needs another 6 months development. I’ve heard the complaints but I didn’t think it would be this bad. Now I’m playing on the Pro but my goodness the framerate is terrible. Seems like about 15-20 fps at times. And it looks like someone smeared vaseline over my screen with all the blur going on. I seriously thought my TV was going bad lol. And I’m getting stuttering all over the place..cutscenes, gameplay, everything. What a flustercluck.  How is the PC build of this demo? 

The Loot in this game is pretty damn good... I got a Sniper Rifle that shoots explosive rounds :o I was killing turrets with two shots and getting damn near 10,000 damage on that Spider Boss thingy with critical hits. It was also good for crowd control. The only downside was that it fired ver slowly (Had to be charged up) and that you don't get a lot of ammo. But it is a fun weapon to use.