Update: RIP in Peace, Anthem

skillzdadirecta

2 hours ago, legend said:

I dind't watch a lot of it, but while flashy it doesn't really seem all that engaging. Floating in the air shooting down looks kind of boring and skill-less.

Yeah you should probably watch a little more... there's more going on than that. One of the players had a melee build for example and they were buffing each other and debuffing enemies. There seems to be a lot of abilities and equipment and gear. There's a lot more going on than just shooting. More than I even expected based on what I knew about the game. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Brick said:

I have trust in BioWare. 

I don't. DA:O, ME, and ME2 were great. DA2, DA:I, ME3, ME:A, and SW:TOR, were subpar. BioWare made more games I disliked than liked. Well, I didn't play ME:A, but that doesn't matter. Mass Effect was my first BioWare game and I have not played any BioWare game that came before it. 

That said, Anthem seems to be achieving what they are setting out to achieve, but I have my doubts that it is something that I want. I mean, the only thing I want from BioWare is Dragon Age: Origins 2. 

I’m not ready to give up on Bioware yet, so I was getting it anyway, but with ea access premiere of course I’m downloading it. Drew was writing some of the story before he left again, I think how much I like it will depend on how much work he got done in that department before he left. 

This is one of those games that is going to be hard to judge before it comes out and we can see how much content there is, what the end game looks like, and if there is some nefarious monetization. From the video posted in this thread, the game looks pretty damn interesting. There is more depth to the gameplay systems than I expected, like managing your heat level while flying by skimming water and stuff. It's these little moments of interactivity and management that are going to make the game engaging to play over hundreds of hours. I do hope that the game has some sustaining mystery to it. Considering the verticality of the world, I would love to see exploration be greatly rewarded.

• Like 1

I'm really hoping that this turns out well.

It looks beautiful, and I think the gameplay looks pretty smooth. The mobility in particular looks excellent.

I'm sure there are any number of ways to screw this up, but everything I've seen so far, including the little of this video I watched, makes me think it's going to be excellent.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2018 at 9:57 AM, ARZ said:

Game is going to be fantastic!!

Preordered it digitally the minute it was available :D

I cannot understand the idea of pre-ordering a game, especially in the digital age.  You have no idea if this game is going to be a completely unplayable mess, or a masterpiece.  Why would waiting until the day before when reviews come out be burdensome to the point that you had to shell out 60+ bucks two years ago to buy the game?  This is why we get Ubishit and Mass Effect Andromeda.  Stop fueling bad business practices.

2 hours ago, Toronado97 said:

I cannot understand the idea of pre-ordering a game, especially in the digital age.  You have no idea if this game is going to be a completely unplayable mess, or a masterpiece.  Why would waiting until the day before when reviews come out be burdensome to the point that you had to shell out 60+ bucks two years ago to buy the game?  This is why we get Ubishit and Mass Effect Andromeda.  Stop fueling bad business practices.

You can always cancel a preorder. Also a lot of people like to pay off a game when they have some cash available instead of trying to save it. It’s really not that hard to hard to understand. 

10 hours ago, Toronado97 said:

Because you can pre-order at a discounted price, Amazon doesn't charge until they ship and you can cancel the item at any time. 

Unless someone cancels a pre-order because they got one just to play an early demo(beta), virtually no one cancels pre-orders. They get them to play the game as soon as possible and to be the first ones to complain on message boards that they were tricked by developer hype into buying a shitty game.

• Like 1
  • Guillotine 1