The Free PC Games Thread - Islets (EGS)

crispy4000

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Moa said:

Play Oxenfree y'all. 

It's on my list.  Would it be worth playing ahead of f LiS: Before the Storm?  If you know.

Just trying to decide how to spend my time.  I tend to jump around between genres a lot, can't do two games like that back to back.

6 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

It's on my list.  Would it be worth playing ahead of f LiS: Before the Storm?  If you know.

Just trying to decide how to spend my time.  I tend to jump around between genres a lot, can't do two games like that back to back.

I think LiS: Before the Storm is kind of bad. Without getting into spoilers, the motivations of some of the characters simply don't stand up under any scrutiny, and I found timetravelling teens more believable than some or the stuff that happens in BtS. They did a surprisingly good job with Chloe's character and there were some good moments but the rest of the cast wasn't nearly as compelling as in LiS. Before the storm kept a little of the magic of LiS but missed big time on a lot of other things that LiS did masterfully.

I will say the bonus episode, Farewell, featuring Max and Chloe on a pirate adventure was excellent though. 

I really wanted to like BtS and there are parts I remember fondly, but as a whole I kind of wish I had never played it.

So I'd recommend Oxenfree.

11 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

That doesn't really count :p

* Try out our game out for a free rental in browser, no download necessary.  If you play over an hour, we'll GIVE you a local copy! *

It absolutely should count.  I've put in enough time directly on my comp to know that I wouldn't want to be stuck playing it only in Stadia.

5 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

* Try out our game out for a free rental in browser, no download necessary.  If you play over an hour, we'll GIVE you a local copy! *

It absolutely should count.  I've put in enough time directly on my comp to know that I wouldn't want to be stuck playing it only in Stadia.

It only counts if the offer is open to everyone without any real restrictions.  I signed up for the trial and didn't get in, so it doesn't count in the same way as the other free games do.

1 minute ago, SFLUFAN said:

It only counts if the offer is open to everyone without any real restrictions.  I signed up for the trial and didn't get in, so it doesn't count in the same way as the other free games do.

Okay, makes more sense now.

It was a time sensitive thing.  If you signed up in the first week or so, you should have been in.