Ant-Man and the Wasp Reviews and Tomatometer Watch

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ant_man_and_the_wasp

Currently at 87% with a 6.9/10 average rating. 258 total reviews.

v1.bTsxMjcyOTQxMjtqOzE3Nzg3OzEyMDA7MTYzO

Critics Consensus: A lighter, brighter superhero movie powered by the effortless charisma of Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly, Ant-Man and The Wasp offers a much-needed MCU palate cleanser.

A few reviews from top critics:

https://variety.com/2018/film/reviews/ant-man-and-the-wasp-review-paul-rudd-evangeline-lilly-1202858263/

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/ant-man-wasp-review-1123413

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-ant-man-and-the-wasp-review-20180627-story.html

7 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

I know.  Sure there are plenty of villains, especially Spidey villains, that you can sympathize with even understand their motivations, but I really don't want to pity a villain and with Ghost that's what I did, pity her. 

While she certainly was an antagonist, she wasn’t a villain. I actually liked that.

^ I agree. I think it works especially well in this movie, which is more of a comedy than anything imo. The plot is kinda thin which is why the “villains” (Ghost, Walton Goggins, Asian guy from Veep) aren’t deep at all. 

I thought this movie was a ton of fun. Kind of feels like the guardians to guardians 2 jump where the character interactions were even better in the sequel. I loved all the shrink stuff they did, and the drive-in theatre at the end was awesome. Paul Rudd is perfect in this role. The whole scene at his daughter’s school killed me :lol:

Also, Peyton Reed don’t need no Edgar Wright :talkhand:

I loved the first one and thought this one was ok. I absolutely adore Paul Rudd and think he's the perfect Ant-Man and did a great job. I guess after IW, it's gonna take a lot to wow me now and nothing in this movie did that. Even the jokes were all a slight chuckle for me as opposed to belly laughs from the first movie.

Ghost was a throw away antagonist to me and most of the story stuff was so surface level I was having a hard time caring for anyone. For example:

Spoiler

When they finally find the mother, she doesn't look the least bit disheveled. In fact, she aged and looks stunning. Where did she get that cloak? Was that spear she had made out of her wings? Where was she in there the whole time? In a little quantum hun in a quantum village? Cause they must have had a quantum hairdresser and makeup artist in a quantum salon. 

And what was Ghost's end goal with the mother to heal her? They said it in a quick line as if she was so certain that would work. Granted she healed her with a touch (don't get me started on that) but whatevs.

I will admit, the post credits scene did stun me and I enjoyed that. The second post credit scene though...  :thumbdown: So dumb.

This was probably my least favorite of all the recent Marvel movies since Thor 2.

Omg there was a 2nd post credit scene? I checked online real quick because I went with my mom and she was bugging me about leaving and it only mentioned one scene.

@NeoJoe they didnt fully heal her. It's why Scott went back in to get more energy from the quantum realm for Ghost.

This one left me pretty cold. It wasn't bad or anything, but it never really grabbed me.

There wasn't a single action set piece or big moment that wasn't shown in the trailers. Even the post credit joke was shown in the trailer.

Too much nonsense science mumbo jumbo. Ghost and Morpheus were really weak villains too. So was that arms dealer guy.

Eh, it was okay.

3 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

Omg there was a 2nd post credit scene? I checked online real quick because I went with my mom and she was bugging me about leaving and it only mentioned one scene.

@NeoJoe they didnt fully heal her. It's why Scott went back in to get more energy from the quantum realm for Ghost.

Yeah I gathered that after the first post credit scene. The second scene was really really stupid.

3 hours ago, ort said:

This one left me pretty cold. It wasn't bad or anything, but it never really grabbed me.

There wasn't a single action set piece or big moment that wasn't shown in the trailers. Even the post credit joke was shown in the trailer.

Too much nonsense science mumbo jumbo. Ghost and Morpheus were really weak villains too. So was that arms dealer guy.

Eh, it was okay.

Pretty much exactly how I felt.

Personally I liked that there were no real villains in this, and that Ant-Man really isn’t even the main guy... he’s just helping out Hank and Hope. 

I get why that might feel weak, but honestly I’m just pleased that this isn’t the unpteenth MCU film that boils down to, “white man with beard and hubris sort of learns a lesson kind of but actually just doubles down on 19 in the second act, gets dealt a 2, pats himself on the back for it, calls it character development, and acts like he’s learned something we all know he’ll have forgotten by his next cinematic appearance.” Please refer to every Iron Man, every Avengers, Doctor Strange, Thor, Guardians, etc.