Black Friday Game Deals (Target/Wal-Mart/Best Buy); update - $200 PS4 Spider-Man bundle is selling out already!

Commissar SFLUFAN

16 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

Skip to the performance section. If you can’t figure it out...

Even the guy doing this video isn’t even down on the weak consoles. What that video told me is there are a few locations where the frames might drop but it still looks easily playable. Idk what your issue is. 

Best Buy also has their deals up.  Some real good stuff, here's a few highglights:

- Soul Calibur VI (XB1) for $35

- Dragon Quest XI (PS4) for $30
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider (XB1) for $30
- Assasins Creed Odyssey (XB1) for $30
- God of War (PS4) for $25
- Detroit (PS4) for $20

- Mario & Rabbids (Switch) for $20

- Nier Automata (PS4) for $20
- Watchdogs 2 (PS4) for $15
- State of Decay 2 (XBO) for $15
- DragonBall Fighter Z (PS4) for $15

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/black-friday/sale-ad/?category=doorbusters

Ya know, the Astro Bot/Moss PSVR bundle will also be $200 for Black Friday.  Is that worth picking up along with a base PS4?  Is the Pro required for any PSVR games out now?   For under $400 I can get a base PS4, Spider-Man, Astro Bot, Moss, and VR bundle.  That seems like one hell of a deal, and I've been itching to try VR for MY FIRST TIME EVER!

Or should I save my money for a Rift/Vive on my GTX 980 Ti PC?

@stepee

@Mr.Vic20

2 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Ya know, the Astro Bot/Moss PSVR bundle will also be $200 for Black Friday.  Is that worth picking up along with a base PS4?  Is the Pro required for any PSVR games out now?   For under $400 I can get a base PS4, Spider-Man, Astro Bot, Moss, and VR bundle.  That seems like one hell of a deal, and I've been itching to try VR for MY FIRST TIME EVER!

@stepee

@Mr.Vic20

Given you current GPU, I would lean toward the PSVR option. Its a good platform for the price and there are plenty of good PS4 games to justify the purchase!  

3 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

@stepee

@Mr.Vic20

Hm, that’s a tough call. On one hand you can actually get a Rift bundle for $350 I’ve seen, so you wouldn’t have to save up extra for it, and I don’t like recommending systems usually when I feel like they are winding down with a new gen coming like I think the current gen is.

On the other, a 980ti means you’ll probably have to be turning some settings down and I think some newer stuff like Hellblade VR want more than a 980ti. Though, that could not be as big of a deal if you plan to upgrade your gpu in a year or two.

I got my pro and psvr at the same time so I’m not sure exactly how much worse it is on a base unit. @Emblazon recently made the upgrade so he could maybe chime in there.

That said, if you don’t already have a ps4, that also gives you some great games you can play non vr now, and Spider-man is wonderful.

Rift/Vive can have games that are more immersive using roomscale that can feel like

more or a complete vr experience. Then there is the difference between Vive and Rift, where you kind of chose between the better Rift controller and better library because of Oculus exclusives, or Vive’s better more complete roomscale set up.

Overall I think ps4 might have the best library of actual games though, a lot of my favorites are only there. Wipeout, Until Dawn, Tetris Effect, and especially what I think is the current best vr game, Astro Bot. But you miss out on some solid stuff like Lone Echo and Wilson’s heart.

I’d say it’s pretty much a toss up, so you should really just see what games you can play on what set up and decide based on looks most interesting to you. If I had to pick one for you, I’d probably say ps4 with psvr because of some of its exclusives and the ps4 games like God of

War and Spider-man.

@cusideabelincoln

After my experiences with the Vive, I would recommend the PSVR over the others just from a cost and ease of use perspective.

You don’t know how your body will react to the experience. Moss and Astrobot seem to be the two best sit down experiences which is a good start. It will allow you to work on your VR legs and see if you like VR. Also if you don’t care for VR, you still have a PS4 and it’s amazing catalog of exclusive games. 

And if you love VR, I have a Vive I can sell you!

*Disclosure, I plan on buying this bundle myself after trying my brother’s PSVR when I visited him. The headset is way more comfortable than the Vive and setup is much easier compared to the Vive since I don’t have a dedicated space for VR

On 11/10/2018 at 7:19 PM, cusideabelincoln said:

@stepee

@Mr.Vic20

I can't compare any of them, but I know that the Pro is not required whatsoever for any PS4 game, VR or not.

On 11/12/2018 at 10:50 AM, crispy4000 said:

Haha, good ad.

Woah woah wait a minute....the Playstation blog says the deal on PS4 with Spider Man starts on the 16th in the US - is that right? I thought both Target and Walmart said it was a door buster deal on the 22nd

I will pick up Dragon Ball FighterZ for $15 but that is about all I am interested in at those prices. 

As for the PSVR discussion I think outside of 4k gaming the other reason to have a PS4 Pro is for PSVR because in a lot of cases the improvements are very noticeable.