Black Friday Game Deals (Target/Wal-Mart/Best Buy); update - $200 PS4 Spider-Man bundle is selling out already!

Commissar SFLUFAN

Thanks to @TheLeon for his assistance!

Link to ad.

HARDWARE DEALS:

• Nintendo Switch Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Bundle for $299.99 (free copy of Mario Kart Deluxe 8)
  • PlayStation 4 1TB console with Spider-Man for $199.99 (save $100)
  • PlayStation 4 or Xbox One wireless controllers for $39.99 (save $20)
  • Starlink: Battle for Atlas for $39.99, with 30 percent off all starship, weapon and pilot packs (save $35)
  • PlayStation VR bundle with camera, two Move controllers and Creed: Rise to Glory and Superhot VR games for $249.99. (Save $100. The ad notes that all PSVR bundles will be $100 off.)
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on PS4 or Xbox One for $45 (save $14.99)

$35 GAMES

• Assassin’s Creed Odyssey on Xbox One
  • Forza Horizon 4 on Xbox One
  • Sea of Thieves on Xbox One
  • Soul Calibur 6 on PS4
  • NHL 19 on PS4
  • We Happy Few on Xbox One

$25 GAMES

• Assassin’s Creed Origins on Xbox One
  • God of War on PS4
  • Far Cry 5 on Xbox One
  • Call of Duty: WW2 on PS4
  • Dragon Ball FighterZ on PS4
  • Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle on Nintendo Switch
  • Detroit: Become Human on PS4

$15 GAMES

• Overwatch on PS4
  • Star Wars Battlefront 2 on Xbox One
  • PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds on Xbox One
  • Skyrim on Xbox One
  • Doom on PS4
  • The Evil Within 2 on PS4
  • Wolfenstein 2 on PS4
  • Farming Simulator on Nintendo Switch
  • LEGO Jurassic World on PS4
  • NBA Live 19 on Xbox One
  • Marvel Superheroes 2 on Xbox One

$29.99 GAMES

• Shadow of the Tomb Raider on PS4
  • WWE 2K19 on PS4
  • F1 2018 on Xbox One
  • Fallout 4 GOTY Edition on Xbox One
  • Naruto to Borutu: Shinobi Striker for PS4

8 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

That doesn't change the fact that the PSpoor is not worth it when the pro is available.

The relatively marginal improvements of the Pro over the base model are definitely not worth a $200 price differential if we're using the Spider-Man bundle as an example.

The differential becomes even more lopsided when you factor in that a $60 game is being included in the bundle.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

The relatively marginal improvements of the Pro over the base model are definitely not worth a $200 price differential if we're using the Spider-Man bundle as an example.

The differential becomes even more lopsided when you factor in that a $60 game is being included in the bundle.

Pro currently has RDR2 in its bundle -- so the game is a toss-up.  We'll see what deals are available on Black Friday for a true price comparison.

mprovements of the Pro vs. the poor are not marginal.  Many new games are targeting the Pro/X, and the base consoles are getting the sub-optimal experience.

• Guillotine 1

1 hour ago, TheRealSmallville said:

Are these deals available online too? Or in-store only? Been dying to pick up Detroit, but never got around to it. 

They are now generally available online. Some aren't but it's usually like the doorbuster TV deal. I plan to just wake up Thursday and order the PS4 with maybe detroit and god of war. My cousin in Colombia wants one and I figured it be the cheapest way of getting one. Plus I won't be going until mid Jan so I can pick up the Kingdom Hearts HD release and give those games a go.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mikechorney said:

That doesn't change the fact that the PSpoor is not worth it when the pro is available.

Fuck no.  $199 it is extremely hard for me to say it's not a good deal for the games currently available on that console.  If you have the specs and hardware for 1080p 60FPS or 4K quality sure but that's only luxury if you really just want to do is play games.

Aggressive, but very good price point for those wanting to dabble into the PS4 ecosystem.

1 hour ago, ARZ said:

Have only had X1 and X1X this gen so far.

For $200 including Spider Man, i'm all over this deal. Just have a list of about 4-5 exclusives I want to get that are all about $20 now as well.

In case you haven't, look into PS4+PC only releases too.  There's quite a few notable games, and remasters, that skipped over the X1.

I'm decidedly a PC first gamer now, after the PS4/PC trend growing, plus Microsoft decision to port everything I'd buy their platform for.  At this rate, I'll probably be like you next gen in waiting for a clearance deal on the PS5.

On 11/1/2018 at 2:39 PM, mikechorney said:

But, they run better on the pro....

Very minimal difference in the end. The idea is fun matters more and that can be had on either the Pro or PS4 reg. I like my pro but if I knew what I knew now, I would have stuck to my PS4 reg. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hurdyb1 said:

Very minimal difference in the end. The idea is fun matters more and that can be had on either the Pro or PS4 reg. I like my pro but if I knew what I knew now, I would have stuck to my PS4 reg. 

Fun can also be had on one of these, and it's only $60.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-entertainment-system-nes-classic-edition/5389100

Of course, I'd take a PS4 Pro over that too.