Sunset Overdrive (PC) now available on Windows Store and Steam ($20)

Commissar SFLUFAN

On 11/10/2018 at 11:50 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

Why would this be announced at an Xbox conference? "Hey we're losing our only exclusive!"

...because MS launches their stuff on PC as part of their play anywhere initiative so "losing an exclusive" to PC isn't a big deal?

38 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

...because MS launches their stuff on PC as part of their play anywhere initiative so "losing an exclusive" to PC isn't a big deal?

That is true.  The decision was already made, and they've stuck to it. 

But with how hush-hush they've been on PC releases, especially on Steam, there's a tacit admission they've fallen far short of their goals.  Even EA has been more heavy-handed about keeping its games off competing distribution platforms.

24 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I'm not really sure what it's on, considering it just says this:

Platform: Windows 8

Sounds like that's on THQ Nordic.  I just found out they're responsible for most of Microsoft's Steam releases.  The press release for the past bunch came from them.

13 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

No cross buy with the XBone digital version unfortunately. The PC version is a separate entry which has all the DLC included and no multiplayer.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/sunset-overdrive/9nnlbl0t2z43?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

That answers our question @HGLatinBoy

1 hour ago, HGLatinBoy said:

If they were already updating the code for Sunset Overdrive to be on Windows and Enhanced for Xbox One X they could've made it PlayAnywhere

There is no X enhanced patch unfortunately. So, no way to enjoy the game improved without paying the $20. I’ll probably pick it up during the holiday sale even though I already beat it. Going from 900p/30 to 4k/60 will be a nice boost (should have had hdr though).