Sunset Overdrive (PC) now available on Windows Store and Steam ($20)

Commissar SFLUFAN

If it’s on the Windows 10 store it may or not be play anywhere (Dead Rising 4 isn’t, for example) but that would be awesome if it is. A game can also be on Steam as well as the Windows Store and still playanywhere (Shadows of War) 4k Sunset Overdrive will be awesome, though with its art style especially I really hope they add hdr, those colors could shine.

All that leaves is Halo 5 and MCC.  Every other XB1 notable is now on PC, if I'm not mistaken.

Sunset Overdrive was one of those games I may have eventually bought the console to try.  That and ReCore were the two that appealed most to me.  (Ori was always coming to PC)

Can't wait until 360 games start hitting the PC, if the rumors are to believed.

2 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

All that leaves is Halo 5 and MCC.  Every other XB1 notable is now on PC, if I'm not mistaken.

Sunset Overdrive was one of those games I may have eventually bought the console to try.  That and ReCore were the two that appealed most to me.  (Ori was always coming to PC)

Rare Replay and Crimson Dragon would be nice to have on PC as well.

9 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Those two would be nice as well.  I really want a Lost Odyssey port. 

The Microsoft console with the most exclusives appealing to me was the og Xbox, which I owned.  It'd be nice for them to put that back catalog on PC eventually, if they can.

I hope this all comes to pass. I am a believe in services like Game Pass now. Though I know games are pretty expensive to make so I am still trying to figure out how this works out for the companies. I guess just having a guaranteed source of income every month or annually? 

10 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

I hope this all comes to pass. I am a believe in services like Game Pass now. Though I know games are pretty expensive to make so I am still trying to figure out how this works out for the companies. I guess just having a guaranteed source of income every month or annually? 

More people hooked into your subscription network, becoming fans of series they might not otherwise play, and paying for your DLC and microtransactions.

There's a lot of skepticism I have about the model personally, especially where the rest of the industry runs with it.  But if it's an excuse to port more old games to PC, I can look past my concerns on some level.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

If you didn’t have one by now for that game you were never going to get one anyway :p 

The games been out for 4 years. It has cost as low as $8, its been given away on games with gold, it's currently on Game Pass and GameStop has had really good deals to get an Xbox One. I don't know what people have been waiting for :p

On 11/2/2018 at 2:50 AM, The def star said:

The games been out for 4 years. It has cost as low as $8, its been given away on games with gold, it's currently on Game Pass and GameStop has had really good deals to get an Xbox One. I don't know what people have been waiting for :p

The price of an Xbox One (X) to drop enough to justify buying for the games that haven't been ported to PC.  All the while more and more games are getting ports.

For PC gamers, I don't think a stock Xbox One is a better value than a 3DS at this point.  There's way better impulse buys.

1 hour ago, Firewithin said:

i was just coming in to ask if it was for steam or the shitty MS store.  lets hope this pans out

I'd imagine so, even if not day and date.  Pretty much everything else that isn't Halo/Forza/Gears has made it over.

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:28 PM, crispy4000 said:

Forza Horizon 2, Forza Motorsports 5 & 6, Rare Replay are all not on PC in addition to the two Halo games.

Basically the majority of MS Studios  output for the first 3 years of XB1 is still not on PC.

15 minutes ago, AshsToAshs said:

Isn't this game wholely owned by Microsoft? 
If so, I'll be very shocked to see it on Steam.
Microsoft has only been doing PC games recently with their garbage MS Store/Xbox App

Insomniac owns the Sunset Overdrive IP, but the rights to the original game are owned by MS.

MS has put some of its Microsoft Studios-published titles on Steam, like ReCore.

1 hour ago, mikechorney said:

Forza Horizon 2, Forza Motorsports 5 & 6, Rare Replay are all not on PC in addition to the two Halo games.

Basically the majority of MS Studios output for the first 3 years of XB1 is still not on PC.

The first three years?  That's still not a majority of their published games.   Killer Instinct, Ori, Quantum Break, Gears 4, Gears Ultimate, Ryse, ReCore, Dead Rising 3 and Project Spark (and more) all released in that time frame and have PC ports.  Forza 6 as well.

According to this list, these are the only retail exclusives not on Windows outside of Sunset Overdrive:

- Fantasia: Music Evolved
- Forza Motorsport 5
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- Halo 5: Guardians

- Rare Replay

- ScreamRide [also on 360]

- Zoo Tycoon [also on 360] (on PC)

Crimson Dragon is the one notable digital-only release. 

33 minutes ago, AshsToAshs said:

Isn't this game wholely owned by Microsoft? 
If so, I'll be very shocked to see it on Steam.
Microsoft has only been doing PC games recently with their garbage MS Store/Xbox App

https://store.steampowered.com/curator/3090835

2 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

The first three years?  That's still not a majority of their published games.   Killer Instinct, Ori, Quantum Break, Gears 4, Gears Ultimate, Ryse, ReCore, Dead Rising 3 and Project Spark (and more) all released in that time frame and have PC ports.  Forza 6 as well.

According to this list, these are the only retail exclusives not on Windows outside of Sunset Overdrive:

- Fantasia: Music Evolved
- Forza Motorsport 5
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- Halo 5: Guardians

- Rare Replay

- ScreamRide [also on 360]

- Zoo Tycoon [also on 360] (on PC)

Crimson Dragon is the one notable digital-only release. 

https://store.steampowered.com/curator/3090835

Forza 6 is not on PC -- that link is to Forza 6:Apex, which although it shares a similar name, is a different game based on some of Forza 6's assets.  It was essentially a test for Turn 10 to get their engine up and running on PC.

You can add Kinect Sports Rivals to that list. (But I wouldn't call it a notable release.)

I think technically the original Zoo Tycoon did not come out on PC.  Just the Zoo Tycoon:  Ultimate Animal collection (which appears to be a slightly different game)

24 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

Forza 6 is not on PC -- that link is to Forza 6:Apex, which although it shares a similar name, is a different game based on some of Forza 6's assets.  It was essentially a test for Turn 10 to get their engine up and running on PC.

You can add Kinect Sports Rivals to that list. (But I wouldn't call it a notable release.)

I think technically the original Zoo Tycoon did not come out on PC.  Just the Zoo Tycoon:  Ultimate Animal collection (which appears to be a slightly different game)

Makes sense.  Point still stands - there's not a lot of reasons left to buy a cheap Xbox One.  If you didn't have one already, putting that money into a PC would be the way to go, or an X if you really can't hold out for RDR2 and would be eager to make use of BC.

That segment about mouse & keyboard support (... on Xbox One) was such a tease.

Phil definitely paid PC some lip service, could have also dropped the announcement at that point.  I'm expecting this to be announced quietly at some point.  Selling more people on Games Pass was clearly the focus of the event.