Nintendo recommits to “keep the business going” for 3DS

Jason

They'll put their C teams on the platform.  Maybe port more Gamecube games and remaster DS titles.  It's fine.

I do think Nintendo has a point about the 3DS's portability.  It's a clam shell design, small and cheap, which is automatically better for kids.  I just don't want them to make a 3DS successor.

... I would take a new Advanced Wars on the 3DS.  I don't want to play that series without a stylus.

I have the first 2DS that they released and I own two games for it, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Mario Kart 7, cuz MK7 came with it.

I would have dozens of games for it if they didn't hold their price for so damn long. If I could get a 3 for $20 deal or something I'd be all over it, but I can't get myself to spend $30+ on a game I'd play for an hour any time I got on a plane.

1 hour ago, darkness35 said:

Give it another 2-3 years and then we'll have about a good sizeable base that have Switches. 

Yeah, I don't think that's really an issue. According to Nintendo's recent earnings report the switch has sold 22.8M units, which is more than the lifetime total of the GameCube. If their projections hold, they'll have topped the original Xbox by March.

Sure, it's a far cry from the 73.5M units that the 3DS has sold, but Nintendo is still projecting that Switch software will outsell 3DS software by a factor of more than 5.

4 minutes ago, legend said:

As a switch only owner (as in Switch only for Nintendo platforms) with no interest in 3DS the split development support displeases me :p 

If they release games on both, then that's probably fine, but the Switch one will be a bit gimped.

I have a feeling the 3DS is mostly going to get ports/remakes of older games along with some lower budget stuff. That's what it's been getting and what's been announced for it.

• Thanks 1

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I have a feeling the 3DS is mostly going to get ports/remakes of older games along with some lower budget stuff. That's what it's been getting and what's been announced for it.

If that's the case, then I won't have any problems :) 

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I have the first 2DS that they released and I own two games for it, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Mario Kart 7, cuz MK7 came with it.

I would have dozens of games for it if they didn't hold their price for so damn long. If I could get a 3 for $20 deal or something I'd be all over it, but I can't get myself to spend $30+ on a game I'd play for an hour any time I got on a plane.

ALBW is essential, particularly for being the only 'traditional' Zelda without dungeon items.  It should only be $20, you might find it cheaper used.