NY detectives investigating deaths of Saudi sisters found bound together after disappearing from Northern VA, possible Saudi embassy connection

14 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Did I miss something in the article, because this just seems like speculation the Saudis have anything to do with this. I'd love to blame them, but I'm not seeing anything that really ties them to the murders just looking at the article.

Hence the reason why I said there is a "possible" Saudi embassy connection.

2 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Hence the reason why I said there is a "possible" Saudi embassy connection.

I was more responding to the people freaking out, calling it an act of war and all that. The responses seemed a bit extreme, given how little is known.

At this point, all we know is two young women are dead under suspicious circumstances in a huge city and they may have applied for asylum. That's hardly cause to start pounding the war drums.

27 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I was more responding to the people freaking out, calling it an act of war and all that. The responses seemed a bit extreme, given how little is known.

At this point, all we know is two young women are dead under suspicious circumstances in a huge city and they may have applied for asylum. That's hardly cause to start pounding the war drums.

True - I should have said in my post: "if true . . . " :)

2 hours ago, Anathema- said:

Believe me I don't want America, least of all this administration, to go to war with anybody.

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Then maybe wait for facts to come out before making statements like that? SA may very well be behind this, but right now we don't know and it's not nearly as clear cut as the Khashoggi case.

1 hour ago, Anathema- said:

Sorry, I'll call the joint chiefs and tell them to stand down.

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I mean, it wasn't just you :p 

I just like knowing enough facts before making strong statements, even if I hold no real power. 

45 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

I don't think we'll hear the full and accurate story on this, even if the reported facts would bear out. I don't view my comments as extreme except as a reflection of the extreme nature of the crime.

25 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Okay.

23 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Ok.

IWlnO87.png